Sign in to follow this  
MikeK

Disruptive owner booted from league yesterday...now we have 11 teams (now what?)

Our commissioner was forced to remove a disruptive owner from our league yesterday, leaving us at 11 teams midway through the season. We're now voting on two options:

option 1-
Replace the team owner with another person. Let them buy in and be eligible for prize money.
option 2-
NOT replace the team owner. The 12th team would be a dummy team that would be managed each week using the highest scores projected on roster. Team would be ineligible for prize money.

What would you vote for? I've never encountered this situation in a league before, and I would probably opt for option 1 in order to keep our prize money intact. Just curious what others would vote for.

Sounds like an interesting story. Do you mind giving us the details? How was he disruptive ect.

Long story short, let go manager was repeatedly accusing teams of some kind of collusion for about a week after a trade. Completely asinine, repeated rants on our message boards. Trying to rile up other teams with claims that commish was "stealing" the league and not to pay dues (This guy was also in second place in our league, FWIW.) After a couple of attempts to deal with him nicely, commish let him go, and the rest of us in the league backed him 100 percent on the decision.

What was the trade he accused of being collusion?

Also, go with #2.

Although, if some guy wants to buy in for the rest of the year AND he seems like a guy that would want to remain in the league next year and beyond, that option isn't terrible.

Why would replacement need to buy in? Was the disruptor given his money back?

Good question - what was the trade. Also, for fun's sake - post his rants - might be worth a laugh (no names of course).

• Like 1

Trade was AJ Green for Hilton and Ivory. Pretty fair exchange that shouldn't have anyone crying collusion.

Update: More than half of our league has now voted to go with Option 2, so it looks like we'll be going with the "dummy" team from here on out. Thanks all!

(Buttmonkey, I wouldn't be posting the rants anyway, but his ramblings have been erased from our page as of this morning. Hopefully he learns to not be a troll in future leagues he participates in. :cheers: )

Trade was AJ Green for Hilton and Ivory. Pretty fair exchange that shouldn't have anyone crying collusion.

Update: More than half of our league has now voted to go with Option 2, so it looks like we'll be going with the "dummy" team from here on out. Thanks all!

(Buttmonkey, I wouldn't be posting the rants anyway, but his ramblings have been erased from our page as of this morning. Hopefully he learns to not be a troll in future leagues he participates in. :cheers: )

Thats a perfectly fair trade. Are you guys online or is it local guys who get together? Id take over a team and paypal the entry depending on situation and fee.

• Like 1

Our commissioner was forced to remove a disruptive owner from our league yesterday, leaving us at 11 teams midway through the season. We're now voting on two options:

option 1-

Replace the team owner with another person. Let them buy in and be eligible for prize money.

option 2-

NOT replace the team owner. The 12th team would be a dummy team that would be managed each week using the highest scores projected on roster. Team would be ineligible for prize money.

What would you vote for? I've never encountered this situation in a league before, and I would probably opt for option 1 in order to keep our prize money intact. Just curious what others would vote for.

Interesting . Don't know never had that problem either

Thats a perfectly fair trade. Are you guys online or is it local guys who get together? Id take over a team and paypal the entry depending on situation and fee.

Take him up on this offer.. Dummy team - blah. Get someone in there that will properly manage the team and the spirit of competition is upheld.

Take him up on this offer.. Dummy team - blah. Get someone in there that will properly manage the team and the spirit of competition is upheld.

Unfortunately it's not up to me--most of our league has already voted to carry on with the dummy team. tanatastic, I'll PM you if that changes though!

Unfortunately it's not up to me--most of our league has already voted to carry on with the dummy team. tanatastic, I'll PM you if that changes though!

Either is an acceptable option. #2 is fine as long as the dummy team has it's statistically best lineup set each week.

Yes.

oh no. if i have to kick you out of the league your not getting any money back.You can just go ahead and chalk that up to you being a dickk.

The dummy team seems the right move to me. It's not really fair to the other owners to let someone buy into the league nearly half-way through the season with a team in 2nd place. That gives them much better odds to their investment than you all got this season.

If you can't find someone trustworthy to run the team, try this. Calculate the average score of all 11 teams for the current week. Whoever is scheduled to play against the orphaned team has to play against the league average score for that week. If the scheduled team is above the average for that week, it's a win. If the scheduled team is below the league average score, it's a loss. Keep the orphaned team's roster frozen.

What if the dummy makes the playoffs?

Ineligible for cash for obvious reasons.

Did you refund him his money? If not what if his team wins it all?

As mentioned before yes, refunded. See above.

If you can't find someone trustworthy to run the team, try this. Calculate the average score of all 11 teams for the current week. Whoever is scheduled to play against the orphaned team has to play against the league average score for that week. If the scheduled team is above the average for that week, it's a win. If the scheduled team is below the league average score, it's a loss. Keep the orphaned team's roster frozen.

Not a bad idea. I'll run it by our commish. Thanks!

The dummy team seems the right move to me. It's not really fair to the other owners to let someone buy into the league nearly half-way through the season with a team in 2nd place. That gives them much better odds to their investment than you all got this season.

Agree - I think that's why every one of our 11 teams has voted to just use a dummy team.

This is not a bad idea. It would cover the dummy team in case of injury. Assume the dummy team loses a stud for the year to a injury do you play the next best player on their roster or pick up best available from ww?

2 options we have.

Replacement owner.. can win. would need to pay.

Lock Roster, and opponents play against the league average... not the dummy team. Since the team will no longer be making competitive waiver moves or trades. league average seems to work fine.

I would not of refunded money either unless I found a replacement first.

I'm wondering though can dummy team win playoff games and thus hurt other teams cash chances?

Option 2 all the way, league commish sets best available lineup based on some agreed upon rankings. Team makes no trades or WW moves, unless to replace an injury.