Sign in to follow this  
IndyFan

Giovani Bernard

Any Cinci homers out there? What is the local rumbling about whether Bernard will play this weekend? I am considering picking up Hill. Thanks for any help

Tell him to go to A Little Help! you said it yourself. Don't need to live in Cincinnati to look this stuff up. If you can get to this forum you can look anything up.

A Little Help! is for start/sit, waiver wire, trades, etc. This post is in the right section

I'm hoping that Cincinnati recognizes that Bernard is more effective if his touches are evenly spaced between running and receiving. Last year, he played a big role in the passing game, not so much this year. I think they would be better off if they used him more like the Bears use Forte, with Hill running between the tackles. Andy Dalton should at least be able to complete simple dump-offs, right?

Not picking up on waiver wire - trading for him. But thanks for the reply on the topic asked

If he's healthy, he'll go back to being the main RB in Cincy. I'm holding him for now.

He was dropped (Gio) in my work league (limited roster spots) by some guy DESPERATE for a viable starting RB this week. He picked up Anderson and is almost eliminated from playoffs.

He was dropped (Gio) in my work league (limited roster spots) by some guy DESPERATE for a viable starting RB this week. He picked up Anderson and is almost eliminated from playoffs.

Tough guy to drop, I think I would have tried to find a way to hold Gio, or trade him before a flat out drop.

He was quite productive while healthy.

Tough guy to drop, I think I would have tried to find a way to hold Gio, or trade him before a flat out drop.

He was quite productive while healthy.

I'm trying to deal in that league for Foster (giving Rivers/Mathews) to the guy who just lost Palmer. If he doesn't accept, I'll use my waiver claim to snag Gio.

Lots of football left but the Bengals seem lost now. Dalton is a hot mess and now they go play the Saints in the dome.

Like I've posted in other topics... I believe Gios injury us more serious than we all think... The behavior of the Bengal coaches in regards to the injury is proof... No updates ever. We are now 2 1/2 weeks past when it occurred and the dude hasn't even ridden a stationary bike...

Could be the all year...

Gio is working on the side today. First time since injury.

Well then for his sake... Maybe it'll only be another week or 2...

fire up Hill again. hopefully he won't be a complete afterthought in the gameplan after they get behind 3-0.

Tomorrows practice will determine alot. I'm sure they will be pushing for him to play as they are not the same team without him and need to win,

We shall see

I don't anticipate Bernard will play this week, but he's still a definite hold for anyone who owns him.

So this guy is mediocre and struggling to the playoffs BUT also so deep that Gio was the last player on his short bench. IWIWIYL!

I'm still trying to figure out Marvin Lewis' game plan from last week.

So is jeremy hill

So is jeremy hill

Pretty sure Hill had something like 8 carries for 21 yards in the first quarter, so not like he was setting the world on fire.

I'm sure you could of coached the game better

Gio's Not playing.

From Rotoworld;

NFL Network's Albert Breer reports the Bengals are "not expecting" Giovani Bernard (hip) to play Week 11 against the Saints.

Breer was the one who hinted last week that Bernard may be out through Week 11, and even longer. It'll be the Jeremy Hill show in the Cincinnati backfield once again. Coming off his Week 10 dud against the Browns, Hill will be a nice bounce-back high-end RB2 with RB1 upside. Frank Gore and Carlos Hyde combined to rush for 117 yards and two touchdowns on 27 carries against New Orleans last week. Barring a blowout by the Saints, Hill should see 20-plus touches.

Pretty sure Hill had something like 8 carries for 21 yards in the first quarter, so not like he was setting the world on fire.

He also finished the game with over 4 ypc, the full story is always more telling.

And a fumble...

Guy drove his helmet through the ball...great defensive play made...could have happened to anyone

I find it funny how easily some coaches get down on a guy for a fumble

Yet preach takeaways and causing them to ther defensive guys....obviously u own gio and don't want hill to be a threat ...I don't see many teams using 2nd rounders Back to back years ...if gio was a complete back and exactly what Lewis and hue Jackson wanted/needed...they wouldn't have

I own hill and I dont need even need him...could care less If he starts this week I won't be playing him...I drafted gio last year in the 6th and he helped me win a high stakes title ...I like the kid...but he's overrated by a lot of people...

Actually I could have... Play "nice" Mike...

Take your blinders off Gio owner... Hill should be the main back in that offense... Gio is good... kinda like reggie bush good... which means he's no bell cow.

Great guy in space but really just a 3rd down back. This hip is an issue that will be here the rest of the year....

Over rated? Where were you when he was averaging 20 ppg the first 6 weeks?

In all honesty...after wk 2 the guy who drafted hill dumped him...I spent 132 of my 500 cap on hill before week 3 and stashed him....it paid itself off 2 weeks ago....I like gio I really do...but he's not a true feature guy and if he was hill prob wouldn't be there....guy in my high stakes ppr league took him at 7 overall( a true sign of buying into projection and never really seeing him play)..I actually laughed said "thanks...way too early"....that guy is buried right now...trust me I owned gio last year and watched alot of his games...I would have been hesitant to take him in the 2nd even in ppr...not tryna act like a hardo knowitall...I just think people overrated him and still do

In all honesty...after wk 2 the guy who drafted hill dumped him...I spent 132 of my 500 cap on hill before week 3 and stashed him....it paid itself off 2 weeks ago....I like gio I really do...but he's not a true feature guy and if he was hill prob wouldn't be there....guy in my high stakes ppr league took him at 7 overall( a true sign of buying into projection and never really seeing him play)..I actually laughed said "thanks...way too early"....that guy is buried right now...trust me I owned gio last year and watched alot of his games...I would have been hesitant to take him in the 2nd even in ppr...not tryna act like a hardo knowitall...I just think people overrated him and still do

I got him as a RB2 in the 5th round in my league...

I got him as a RB2 in the 5th round in my league...

I

That's cool...I

Think he had an adp in the 2nd or 3rd in ppr

Leagues ...someone got a hard on for him in my league and I laughed ...and we aren't playing for chimp change

I

That's cool...I

Think he had an adp in the 2nd or 3rd in ppr

Leagues ...someone got a hard on for him in my league and I laughed ...and we aren't playing for chimp change

2nd round seems like a reach for Gio, even in PPR is what I'm saying.

2nd round seems like a reach for Gio, even in PPR is what I'm saying.

Ya I don't think he would have gone in the 2nd...Def not passed the mid 3rd though....

People were talking about 65-70 catches and 250 rushing attempts like he was gonna a hold up

No practice again today... Per espn and nfl.com he will almost assuredly not play week 12...

It's been sounding like Bernard was gonna be out, and now it's all but official.

Can't complain too much - he had a good start to the season and I'm expecting a good end... eventually.

It's been sounding like Bernard was gonna be out, and now it's all but official.

Can't complain too much - he had a good start to the season and I'm expecting a good end... eventually.

Agree, they started turning him into a workhorse and stopped throwing to him half way through season. Hopefully they go back to what he is gold at and that's catches out of the backfield and 10-15 carries a game

Agree, they started turning him into a workhorse and stopped throwing to him half way through season. Hopefully they go back to what he is gold at and that's catches out of the backfield and 10-15 carries a game

Yep, I think that's the right balance for Gio. Really fun player to watch.

Don't own Gio in my 12-team league, but drafted Hill in the 13th round after watching him at LSU. Started him (over Shane Vereen) the last two weeks and have been happy with the results. Don't know if I start Hill this week; just have the feeling that the Sunday Night game will be a huge Vereen game.