Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Hill and Gio

These are the reasons I'm worried about Hill.........

1.) Loss of RT Andre Smith - huge loss and backup Marhsall Newhouse is awful.

2.) Hue Jackson trying to prove a point to Jeremy Hill - this could go either way, not sure if their little feud will be used to motivate Hill or if Hue Jackson will give the majority of carries to Gio to spite Hill.

3.) Steelers getting Ryan Shazier back and maybe Jarvis Jones back too. I know they lost Brett Kiesel, but getting the young LBs back will help them.

Really tough call for me but I'm leaning towards benching Jeremy Hill for Jonathan Stewart in one league and for Latavius Murray in another.

Doubtful. He was just lighting a fire under his rookie.

Yeah, but Hill sort of threw Hue under the bus by implying that the offensive game plan was predictable.

Yeah, but Hill sort of threw Hue under the bus by implying that the offensive game plan was predictable.

Yep - even if Hill didn't mean to, that's how it looked - and that's why Hue Jackson got so defensive/aggressive in response.

The question is will Hue carry this over into the game plan and try to have Gio out-shine Hill.

Yep - even if Hill didn't mean to, that's how it looked - and that's why Hue Jackson got so defensive/aggressive in response.

The question is will Hue carry this over into the game plan and try to have Gio out-shine Hill.

The coach wants to win the game. Gio will get more work than Hill if he believes it will help them beat the Steelers and that's the only reason. This "conflict" shouldn't be used to help people set their lineups. Hill and Gio are going to share carries and that makes them both boom or bust with lower ceilings.

Bengals are fighting to win the division. Hill might have a big mouth but he's physical and will be needed on Sunday.

Just when I was about to bench the pair...

Bengals OC Hue Jackson said he'd like to lean more on one running back.

Ever since Giovani Bernard returned from his hip injury, he's been getting the starts, and he and Jeremy Hill have been splitting the workload. It's not working, and we believe Jackson wants to go back to the power running game with Hill. Bernard is averaging a mere 3.18 YPC since returning, while Hill is churning out yards, but still needs more touches. Hill remains an RB2 with upside for Week 15 against the Browns. Bernard is barely in the FLEX conversation

Good luck guessing which one. At least by FF final we will know for sure.

From what I'm reading, Jackson was alluding to Hill

Are you reading what Hue said or reading what Rotoworld's own narrative?

Are you reading what Hue said or reading what Rotoworld's own narrative?

good point, "we believe" is roto, do you know what hue said?

good point, "we believe" is roto, do you know what hue said?

Responses from a presser today:

Paul Dehner Jr.Verified account‏@pauldehnerjr

Getting the sense in talking to Hue Jackson you might be seeing more Jeremy Hill as the primary back this week.

12:02 PM - 10 Dec 2014

Geoff Hobson ‏@GeoffHobsonCin

Media consensus after post-practice Hue: hill about to get most of carries

12:06 PM - 10 Dec 2014

• Like 1

whatever site that's from is speculating. Nothing in there has a direct quote from Jackson. It literally states 'we believe...'

It's typical speculative nonsense. As of right now, good luck if you roll either of these 2 out this week...

whatever site that's from is speculating. Nothing in there has a direct quote from Jackson. It literally states 'we believe...'

It's typical speculative nonsense. As of right now, good luck if you roll either of these 2 out this week...

So you think every Cin beat writer is blowing smoke? Or are you just trying to play down the only positive fantasy news to come out of Cincy since Gio's return on one of these RBs?

Jackson isn't going to come out and telegraph his plans, we learned that this season. But some of us need to rely on one of these guys this week.

So you think every Cin beat writer is blowing smoke? Or are you just trying to play down the only positive fantasy news to come out of Cincy since Gio's return on one of these RBs?

Jackson isn't going to come out and telegraph his plans, we learned that this season. But some of us need to rely on one of these guys this week.

Is every beat writer saying the same thing? Wasn;'t aware of that. All I'm saying is it didn't come from the horses's mouth. 1 thing I've learned through the years is that the institutions that need to pump out 'content' on a daily basis, whether roto or local beat writers or whatever are not always on point, and often make up stories for the sake of printing something because they are on the hook to print something every day.. And often, 1 dude speculating will get all of them to print the same crap as fact. Roto especially is incredibly infamous for this nonsense. That's not to say I'm saying it's all lies. All I'm stating is that that blurb is incredibly ambiguous, and I wouldn't, at this stage of the season, bet the farm on that little bit of speculation. If he's your best option, go with it. I'm going boom heron and lamar miller. I also have L Murray and SJax both ahead of Hill. I understand most don't have 5 startable RBs on their roster at this stage of the season, but I'd strongly suggest going with any better option. Cinci RBs can't be trusted right now, regardless of what is being speculated by a bunch of talking heads...

I don't know why, but I'm tending to believe this chatter. My gut is telling me that Jeremy Hill is going to be a great play this weekend.

I don't know why, but I'm tending to believe this chatter. My gut is telling me that Jeremy Hill is going to be a great play this weekend.

:thumbsup:

Better option than Ingram? That's what I'm struggling with.

I'm not sure, mind you, but I would play Ingram first.

in a PPR would you play Hill over Eddie Lacy or FJax....I also have Latavius Muray and debating on starting one of the 2 I don't play as RB as my flex over Josh Gordon

Standard scoring, and I'm thinking of playing Ivory over Hill. If Hill really does get the touches he's the better play....

Play Hill...

It's obvious to anyone who is looking that he is the guy that needs to get the carries. And it's obvious to anyone who is listening that he is the guy the coaches are referring to.

All of this "Don't believe the reporters", "Don't try to figure out what the coach is saying", "Cinci RBs can't be trusted" bullsh!t, is just that. BULLSH!T!

The entire point of FF is to make a decision based on as much information as you can gather. And all of that information points to Hill.

Is it a 100% lock, of course not, but who is. The point is that you go with the percentages and those are clearly in his favor. Anyone claiming different is either blind, jaded or a poosie!

Speaking Thursday, Giovani Bernard confirmed Jeremy Hill will be the Bengals' Week 15 starter at running back.

Bernard's "starter" title has been mostly ceremonial since he returned from his hip injury three games ago, but the official demotion is yet another sign that OC Hue Jackson is ready to funnel his offense through Hill for the season's final three games. Hill has averaged 15.6 touches since Bernard's return, with Gio getting the rock 13 times weekly. We'd expect Hill to be in line for at least 20 touches this week, with Bernard in the 5-7 range. Hill is a rock-solid RB2, with Bernard little more than a desperation FLEX.

Welcoming Hill to my starting lineup..................and showing Ivory to my :bench:

Decided to go with Hill over Mason. Last time i did that Mason jizzed all over my bench. You're welcome Mason owners...

Yeah, why do I have a feeling this news is going to come back to haunt a lot of us? I have Hill penciled in now over Gio, Mason and Latavius, but I"m still not sold....

Still having a hard time starting Hill over Crowell or Benjamin. Non-PPR. Basically I can start 1 of those 3. Or 2 of those 3 plus Joique Bell.

No PPR? Hill all day over either; not a close call IMO.