Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Do you have an addictive personality?

I have wondered lately about us hard-core FF types.....you know, the type that hang out on FF forums, and endlessly search innumerable sources looking for that tidbit of information that might or might not give us an ever-so-slight slight edge.

Do you think that these "types" are more probable than the general population to have addictive personality in other facets of their lives? Do you?

• Like 1

Definitely.. Job, family, kids, exercise, etc... Not one aspect of my life isn't affected by it.

As long as you can focus or channel it with productive things you will be ok. It can easily go very badly though.

• Like 1

the die-hards are simply ultra-competitive dudes who enjoy socialized forms of aggression. FF is a perfect fit for that. Like the guy said above, as long as the "addiction" isn't adversely affecting your family/personal life, etc, it's a fine outlet. The problem is that when it comes to the adversely affecting part, most guys will say "it's all good". We are the worst ones to ask. Addicts always feel like they got it under control. Ask our wives, kids, etc....they'll tell the truth. I've had to really dial my ff involvement way back over the years...and I never play for money anymore.

• Like 1

I have wondered lately about us hard-core FF types.....you know, the type that hang out on FF forums, and endlessly search innumerable sources looking for that tidbit of information that might or might not give us an ever-so-slight slight edge.

Do you think that these "types" are more probable than the general population to have addictive personality in other facets of their lives? Do you?

Yes and yes.

Yep. I'm pretty focked up. I wish I could have the success I have in fantasy picking stocks.

On a serious note, I thnk we're pretty addictive but channeled the right way it's a good thing. I am glad though that this shizza isn't year round.

yes, I can't do anything half assed

all in, but gladly no drug addictions...lol

• Like 2

Hang a sec while I go smoke some and watch some pr0n. I'll be back to answer your question in a few...

Yes & YES & YES I traded in my $$$$ a week gambling addiction for 3 leagues a year of FF. My savings account is in such a better place

Hang a sec while I go smoke some and watch some pr0n. I'll be back to answer your question in a few...

Done yet?

I'm extremely addicted to many things in my life, in no particular order..

--Fantasy Football: Only have 2 $ teams but my wife and kids are orphaned on Sundays, MNF, and TNF.

--AC/DC's new CD "Rock or Bust"

--In 'n Out Double Doubles (hold the tomato)

--Ketel One Citron

--Winning in the business world (Sales guy)

--NorCal Chronic

I'm sure I'm not alone in my addictions.

Sure. I'm not that competitive but when I start doing something, it's usually a 100% effort. FF is just another avenue to focus myself and helps pass the time at work on Midnight shifts.

I'm just getting into fanduel and regret that I missed the first 12 weeks of the season with it. Talk about addicting....You come up with several lineups and want to score on them all. It doesn't require much more effort than I'm already putting into my two FF leagues.

I'm extremely addicted to many things in my life, in no particular order..

--Fantasy Football: Only have 2 $ teams but my wife and kids are orphaned on Sundays, MNF, and TNF.

--AC/DC's new CD "Rock or Bust"

--In 'n Out Double Doubles (hold the tomato)

--Ketel One Citron

--Winning in the business world (Sales guy)

--NorCal Chronic

I'm sure I'm not alone in my addictions.

In the same boat on s,m,t

who made who is the best ac/dc song, new stuff sux

agree with hold the tomato, and get grilled onions, while sipping on citron

No, no addiction here but I get obsessed with stuff. Nothing important like getting ahead in life or anything productive. I get obsessed over food, movies, sports and video games. It's a miricle I found a woman who wants to marry me.