Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Josh Gordon News

Just found out that Colts DB Vontae Davis has been ruled out for Sundays game.

This bodes well for Gordon. The Colts allowed Ben Roethlisberger and Colt McCoy to complete 48-of-65 passes for 686 yards and six touchdowns in roughly five quarters of actions without their top defensive player.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/12/05/colts-vontae-davis-ruled-out-of-sundays-game-with-concussion/19953547/

Also, Gordon admitted to being a part of Hoyer's inaccuracy and turnover issues, of late. According to an article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer:

"The terminology's changed even since training camp," Gordon said. "I was definitely running the wrong routes." Gordon has been targeted a whopping 29 times in his two games, posting a fine 15-195-0 line, but he's been the target on three of Brian Hoyer's five interceptions the past two weeks and takes the blame. The two have been staying late after practice.

All signs seem to be pointing up.

• Like 1

I care. I'm up against the Gordon owner this week.

WHO cares Hoyer sucks

I expect him to play much better this week after nearly losing his job.

Never forget: Hoyer is a warrior, my friend.

Would you play Gordon over any of the following?

1. A Brown

2. D Thomas

3. J Nelson

Would you play Gordon over any of the following?

1. A Brown

2. D Thomas

3. J Nelson

No. All of those mentioned are safer with proven QB's.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see Gordon go off this week.

I would bench AB. Bold, but I'm calling it.

Bengals do usually play Pitt pretty tight.

I have gordon DT sanders AB and Beckham

How the hell do I pick 3

Doesn't matter, all will succeed. Why sweat.

Eenie. Meenie. Miinee. Moe

i wish cameron would come back, would open up the field a little more for gordon

Five weeks for a concussion is very disturbing. this is his third. He may be toast for life.

Another drop....and Gordon slow to get up.

Good maybe I won't be tempted to start anymore

WTF.

I didn't watch that game. Was it Hoyer, or was Gordon sucking - or were both of them the problem?

Apparently they limited his snap count and pulled him off the field on third downs.... Are you kidding me?!?!?!

Apparently they limited his snap count and pulled him off the field on third downs.... Are you kidding me?!?!?!

And they claim that staff is good up there. Idiots

Let's see what happens when you limit the snap counts of your best receiver. Saints/Browns; you care to answer that?

Yeah, I thought so. Those self inflicted gun shot wounds are the worst. FML...........

My starters including Ingram, DT, Graham, and GORDON were beastish today. Glad it was a final tuneup for the playoffs, but how can I have confidence in any of them next week? They are all trending southward.

“I think we wanted to get Josh’s reps down a little bit and kind of balance it out a little more,” coach Mike Pettine said.

That is about as dumb of a statement as Coach Burns, when he benched Darrell Strawberry in lieu of Homer Simpson because they had a right handed pitcher up.

“I think we wanted to get Josh’s reps down a little bit and kind of balance it out a little more,” coach Mike Pettine said.

That is about as dumb of a statement as Coach Burns, when he benched Darrell Strawberry in lieu of Homer Simpson because they had a right handed pitcher up.

Make sense when you consider he is out of game shape and not making the right adjustments on his routes. 3 of Hoyer's recent int's where to Gordon while he was making the wrong adjustment or just running the wrong routes.

Gordon also dropped a bomb that would have set the Browns up with a game winning FG because he was dogging on the play. To top it off he pretends to be injured out of embarrassment and the Browns are charged a timeout because it was under 2 minutes. He then promptly got up and went to the sidelines.

You mean the bomb that he dove for and landed 3 yards out of bounds? Yeah that was another great pass

I'm not defending Hoyer by any means, but that is a play that an NFL receiver has to make. You catch that and you most likely win the game. Even the announcers were in shock he couldn't hang on, but the part this pisses me off is that he stopped running and gave up on the play early. He has been like this all season, lazy. And then he compounds it by lying on the ground and costing his team a timeout.

Gordon is super talented, but there is a reason the coaches pulled back on his reps. He has caused numerous turnovers and incompletions by not running proper routes and not having his head in the game, period. He's an immense talent, but he doesn't have the mental fortitude to be great.

I'm not defending Hoyer by any means, but that is a play that an NFL receiver has to make. You catch that and you most likely win the game. Even the announcers were in shock he couldn't hang on, but the part this pisses me off is that he stopped running and gave up on the play early. He has been like this all season, lazy. And then he compounds it by lying on the ground and costing his team a timeout.

Gordon is super talented, but there is a reason the coaches pulled back on his reps. He has caused numerous turnovers and incompletions by not running proper routes and not having his head in the game, period. He's an immense talent, but he doesn't have the mental fortitude to be great.

Hoyer has been awful. No doubt about it. But Gordon and their attempts to force feed him the ball have made matters far worse.

He quit on the INT that should have cost them the ATL game. He made a terrible read on 2 Deep coverage last week that resulted in another Hoyer INT. It really was the kind of read you'd be shocked that a good high schooler would make.

Gordon owner who held him in hopes he could solidify a playoff run. No such luck. Guy is a tremendous talent and I think he's physically in shape. But he is not connected with the game plan or play calling at all.

Hoyer has been awful. No doubt about it. But Gordon and their attempts to force feed him the ball have made matters far worse.

He quit on the INT that should have cost them the ATL game. He made a terrible read on 2 Deep coverage last week that resulted in another Hoyer INT. It really was the kind of read you'd be shocked that a good high schooler would make.

Gordon owner who held him in hopes he could solidify a playoff run. No such luck. Guy is a tremendous talent and I think he's physically in shape. But he is not connected with the game plan or play calling at all.

With that said.... Are you benching him this week, and if so, who are you benching him for?

With that said.... Are you benching him this week, and if so, who are you benching him for?

As I said, "Gordon owner who held him in hopes he could solidify a playoff run. No such luck. "

No decision to make.