Sign in to follow this  
Geezil

The Statue Of Liberty

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Questions for this open debate:

1) Did America ever truly feel this way?

2) If yes to one, why?

3) Do we as a Nation still feel this way?

4) If no to three, can we finally tear that b1tch down?

This is a moment where I begin to lose faith in this community. I won't cry out to Mike as I am intelligent enough to understand that (he) is probably busy with other things, but...

i will call you all out for being too weak minded and pussified to have an opinion on a matter that seems to me to be much more important than who may or may not win Survivor.

Hmmm. Even after a year hiatus I am bored with the intellect I find here. Either step to the plate or kick me out again, you NancyBags.

I've said for years the US should send the Statue of Liberty back to France. Let them have the world's doormat.

"Send us your poor and hungry..." Wtf? Why would we want the world's scum? It should say "send us your best and brightest otherwise stay the hell out!"

If I were in charge there would be no immigration, other than maybe a few brilliant scientists. Poor welfare sucking immigrants can eat sh*t.

France actually takes in quite a number of immigrants especially from North Africa. We act like we're the only country who does so.

France actually takes in quite a number of immigrants especially from North Africa. We act like we're the only country who does so.

England and France brought in a bunch of Muslims from all over the Middle East over the past few decades for cheap labor. They are very much regretting that now.

England and France brought in a bunch of Muslims from all over the Middle East over the past few decades for cheap labor. They are very much regretting that now.

England has a lot of issues

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Questions for this open debate:

1) Did America ever truly feel this way?

2) If yes to one, why?

3) Do we as a Nation still feel this way?

4) If no to three, can we finally tear that b1tch down?

Yes, we did. Of course.back then, we were an empty wilderness. We had transcontinental railroads to build. We had factories to staff, and fock safety and labor concerns. And if you couldn't support yourself, why there is a gutter, feel free to die in it.

Shut the border and tell the ones that are here it's OK to stay if they don't commit any crimes and live within Detroit city limits. We'll take 'em.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2014/12/07/detroit-immigration-task-force/19973601/

how dare you think of yourselves as separate from the immigrants that come here today. most of you are nothing more than the offspring of the wretched poor that couldn't make it in europe. you should bow down to kiss the statue of liberty's feet. just because you've lived here longer doesn't make you any more of an american than the immigrant sworn in yesterday.

this beautiful country belonged to the native americans and like locusts you all came and did what you wanted with the land. don't twist your feeble minds to believe you are superior to newer immigrants.

i find that immigrants are smarter and work harder than the average american.

i love immigrants. i despise people like geezil.

• Like 1

how dare you think of yourselves as separate from the immigrants that come here today. most of you are nothing more than the offspring of the wretched poor that couldn't make it in europe. you should bow down to kiss the statue of liberty's feet. just because you've lived here longer doesn't make you any more of an american than the immigrant sworn in yesterday.

this beautiful country belonged to the native americans and like locusts you all came and did what you wanted with the land. don't twist your feeble minds to believe you are superior to newer immigrants.

i find that immigrants are smarter and work harder than the average African american.

:thumbsup:

Never understood the finders, keepers mentality with regards to immigration. We are all very fortunate to live in this country, and most of us are offspring of immigrants. None of us deserve to live here more than anyone else.

one of the things simple minded people like the above posters forget is that times are not static. Principles may be static but conditions are not. Meaning when you have a 50 person raft with 5 people on it you can certainly absorb more people. But when you have a 50 person drives with 60 people on it then your judgement has to change. That may sound heartless, that may sound cruel, but thats just a god damn fact.

Give me your hungry, your tired your poor I'll piss on 'em

that's what the Statue of Bigotry says

Your poor huddled masses, let's club 'em to death

and get it over with and just dump 'em on the boulevard

Yes, we did. Of course.back then, we were an empty wilderness. We had transcontinental railroads to build. We had factories to staff, and fock safety and labor concerns. And if you couldn't support yourself, why there is a gutter, feel free to die in it.

:first:

one of the things simple minded people like the above posters forget is that times are not static. Principles may be static but conditions are not. Meaning when you have a 50 person raft with 5 people on it you can certainly absorb more people. But when you have a 50 person drives with 60 people on it then your judgement has to change. That may sound heartless, that may sound cruel, but thats just a god damn fact.

This is a good analogy. America is currently is on a 50 person raft but has 45 people on it. We can absorb more but when there are 30 people wanting to jump on we MUST have some sort of system as it can't be a 'free for all'. This system is called immigration laws. People can in fact come here, they just have to do so legally and if they do, they'll get let on the raft. They just have to get in line is all.

And the poeple cutting line, running and just jumping on the boat need to get pushed the fock off. It's not fair to the people in line doing it the right way nor is it fair to the people already on the raft.

Sorry peenie. Morally, you are correct. But practically, you are wrong.

A modern country is like a club. You let everyone in, and it quickly goes to sh!t

Translation - "People immigrated to US in the past, so there should'nt be immigration restrictions in the future." ?

That's insane. The lifeboat is full. No more poor huddled masses.

Sorry peenie. Morally, you are correct. But practically, you are wrong.

A modern country is like a club. You let everyone in, and it quickly goes to sh!t

We need to trade back the immigrants who are nothing but baby producing, prison filling drains on society, for some that are more useful.