Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Who is behind Rotoworld ?

Let's face it---Rotoworld makes the fantasy football world go round and round. We all religiously check it for updates 24/7. I don't think there is a competitor site out there, so Rotoworld is the Bible of ff sports.

Sure, it's an aggregator of twitter feeds, newspaper posts, etc....but they do way more than report tweets....they **constantly** also put their own spin and interpretation on things, which not only drives add/drops and trades but also false panic and false hope. Sometimes they are spot on; sometimes they are way way off.

Who are the writers behind Rotoworld? Who are these fockers? Anybody know who the main writers are for the NFL section of their website?

And is there a competitor website out there for streaming updates? (with an app)?

Someone needs to make a documentary about Rotoworld on their impact on ff sports.....

• Like 1

Love the updates but completely ignore the bias spin they put on everything.

• Like 1

Love the updates but completely ignore the bias spin they put on everything.

This.

They're either pimping for a guy and actually think the coaches will listen to their advice (Ladarius Green, Sankey, Kelce, etc...) or they're deliberately misleading people to win at Fanduel.

That or they ARE complete idiots.

It boils down to they're just more guys throwing darts at a board trying to hit a bullseye. :thumbsdown:

Let's face it---Rotoworld makes the fantasy football world go round and round. We all religiously check it for updates 24/7. I don't think there is a competitor site out there, so Rotoworld is the Bible of ff sports.

Sure, it's an aggregator of twitter feeds, newspaper posts, etc....but they do way more than report tweets....they **constantly** also put their own spin and interpretation on things, which not only drives add/drops and trades but also false panic and false hope. Sometimes they are spot on; sometimes they are way way off.

Who are the writers behind Rotoworld? Who are these fockers? Anybody know who the main writers are for the NFL section of their website?

And is there a competitor website out there for streaming updates? (with an app)?

Someone needs to make a documentary about Rotoworld on their impact on ff sports.....

Never have I visited rotoworld . Don't need to

Never have I visited rotoworld . Don't need to

Since God created Man.

And Man...created Rotoworld...

Its like a total gift from God.

• Like 1

Rotoworld, is the best fantasy site ever, its the only place I can get info on every player, every second instantly

I read their analysis for the sometimes funny humore

Rotowire wishes they were Rotoworld.

Sometimes those clowns do show humility, and admit when they screw the pooch. But yeah, you've got to filter through the subjective crap.

Not better place for injury updates though. And they do break down matchups fairly well.

I visit rotoworld every day during the football and baseball season.

Roto haters are dumb. I check it when I wake up, and prob every 15 min for the rest of the day. It compiles all the tweets and info and gives it to you fast. If Mark Sanchez farts loudly, roto has a blurb on it within 2 min. Its the absolute greatest resource for a fantasy player there could possibly be to update statuses of players. I see nothing wrong or biased about their spin on any blurbs and challenge anyone to show me specific evidence towards the contrary. Dont take what they say personally as fact, but use it for your own judgement.

To those behind the times, its an app, you dont have to log onto your 15yr old Imac and check a website.

Roto haters are dumb. I check it when I wake up, and prob every 15 min for the rest of the day. It compiles all the tweets and info and gives it to you fast. If Mark Sanchez farts loudly, roto has a blurb on it within 2 min. Its the absolute greatest resource for a fantasy player there could possibly be to update statuses of players. I see nothing wrong or biased about their spin on any blurbs and challenge anyone to show me specific evidence towards the contrary. Dont take what they say personally as fact, but use it for your own judgement.

To those behind the times, its an app, you dont have to log onto your 15yr old Imac and check a website.

current roto lineup

Im aware of what it is, just not sure if you were trying to show me something specific. All of their insight to me is perfectly sound and logical. Doesnt always have to be right, but its always food for thought. I just like that they bring me the tweets and updates without having to go on twitter or news sites.

Im aware of what it is, just not sure if you were trying to show me something specific. All of their insight to me is perfectly sound and logical. Doesnt always have to be right, but its always food for thought. I just like that they bring me the tweets and updates without having to go on twitter or news sites.

yeah, i enjoy it as well and wanted to let all of the doubters know what they're missing

They have turned 180 then 360 then another 180 on Lacy and Jennings this week

They have turned 180 then 360 then another 180 on Lacy and Jennings this week

Yes but they are just going off of the facts. They react accordingly. If its reported that jennings should assume the lions share of carries then they say roll with him. when they back off and he says he may need another week then they back off. Iv also gone 180 and 360 on jennings this week. taken him in and out of the lineup 4 times at least. I rarely read their reactions and think its total BS. Its always a reasonable reaction given the facts and circumstances wich are subject to change. Also EFF rashad and his bum knees.

yeah, i enjoy it as well and wanted to let all of the doubters know what they're missing

I feel you.

I like Evan Silva's match ups column. I glean more wisdom reading that column that helps me make a decision.

It use to be rotowire was the big thing: the be all and end all of FF knowledge updates. Now, somebody help me with this part, but iirc rotowire got bought out and became a private pay site which pissed off the original founders who then set up rotoworld. I hadn't thought about rotowire for years and years, then joined an ESPN league a couple of years ago and - there they were - they have some sort of agreement, as I can read their player updates over there now.

NBC bought rotowire a few years back but if there was any change in content or direction by that, I hadn't noticed.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gregg Rosenthal, I thought it was originally his baby. He sold it to NBC (I thought it was him) and he now appears on NBC.

As for people looking for an alternative, KFFL is the facts and just the facts with very little commentary (though maybe USAT has changed that somewhat...), and provides a host of minutiae. It's now buried in US Today's site but you can find it and I happen to know a FF site (FBG) that actually includes its feed in its own "news" section.

http://fantasy.usatoday.com/news/sport_tag/nfl?source=KFFL

There is also 4for4:

http://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/news

And FFM:

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

And FFD:

http://www.footballdiehards.com/headlines/news_headlines.cfm

Rotoworld is the bible when it comes to breaking sports news or injury reports.