Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Will the Patriots Cheat in the Superbowl?

Circumstantial evidence does not hold up I'm sorry

Ok cool. An admitted cheat is embroiled once again in a potential cheating scandal. You want to give him and the Organization the benefit of the doubt and not assume 2 + 2 = 4. Got it.

link to 2psi, and please o king of crybabies explain spygate to the class, so we can understand what its impact was.

Ready go!

Says the guy who "hopes so" that the Patriots will cheat this Sunday and "do anything it takes". Got it.

Holding the trophy at the end doesn't mean anything if you can't look yourself in the mirror.

Ok cool. An admitted cheat is embroiled once again in a potential cheating scandal. You want to give him and the Organization the benefit of the doubt and not assume 2 + 2 = 4. Got it.

Come on dude. Really? It totally went over you're head. Either that or you just flat out refuse to bieve it. Neither you nor I knows what happened. I just gave you the toe crucial pieces you need to draw a conclusion yet you STILL refuse to admit that without that you can't prove they cheated. I'm done trying to reason logically with you cause it goes over your head

To me taping hand signals it's that big of a deal. In baseball we are always tried to figure out the other teams signals so we could plan accordingly. But then again nfl said it's wrong so I'll go with them on that

they are allowed too tape and they all do, still to this day...it was camera location rule that they violated.

Its just an excuse the sore losers use to make themselves feel better.

Focking morons.

Says the guy who "hopes so" that the Patriots will cheat this Sunday and "do anything it takes". Got it.

Holding the trophy at the end doesn't mean anything if you can't look yourself in the mirror.

I say those thing to get sore loser whine bags like yourself riled up, as you can see it worked :overhead:

they are allowed too tape and they all do, still to this day...it was camera location rule that they violated.

Its just an excuse the sore losers use to make themselves feel better.

Focking morons.

And see me personally I don't think it's a big deal. But nfl says it's a violation so I'm ok with admitting they violated the rule and should have(and were) been punished

And see me personally I don't think it's a big deal. But nfl says it's a violation so I'm ok with admitting they violated the rule and should have(and were) been punished

the NFL told all teams to stop, the pats didn't and were punished accordingly. It never once had an impact on any outcome of any game.

Like I said, food for the crybabies is all it is.

Come on dude. Really? It totally went over you're head. Either that or you just flat out refuse to bieve it. Neither you nor I knows what happened. I just gave you the toe crucial pieces you need to draw a conclusion yet you STILL refuse to admit that without that you can't prove they cheated. I'm done trying to reason logically with you cause it goes over your head

No, I know what you're trying to say and it's you that isn't being logical.

You admit they cheated before: check.

You admit the Patriot footballs were not fully inflated when checked at halftime: check.

You hopefully will admit the Colts footballs were found to be fully inflated when checked at halftime.

So what evidence would convince you that it was done intentionally? Video of BB or Brady with a needle?

And keep in mind Goddell's words concerning Bounty Gate and Sean Peyton's suspension for 1 year; "Ignorance is no excuse". It's CLEAR to EVERYONE outside of Patriot fans that the organization was responsible for this.

I say those thing to get sore loser whine bags like yourself riled up, as you can see it worked :overhead:

I'm not riled up. You're the defensive one getting bent out of shape over the tainted legacy of the only thing you've apparently got going for yourself.

Good luck and make sure you turn off the lights in mom's basement before you go out. P.S. return her station wagon with a full tank of gas too.

You admit the Patriot footballs were not fully inflated when checked at halftime: check.

You hopefully will admit the Colts footballs were found to be fully inflated when checked at halftime.

So what evidence would convince you that it was done intentionally? Video of BB or Brady with a needle?

And keep in mind Goddell's words concerning Bounty Gate and Sean Peyton's suspension for 1 year; "Ignorance is no excuse". It's CLEAR to EVERYONE outside of Patriot fans that the organization was responsible for this.

so when there is no judgment against the pats, do you have your "well ofcourse not, goodell is in bed with kraft" excuse locked and loaded ?

Zooooom! Over your head.

You have yet to produce the two things I said you needed to. Therefore, you can't say they cheated when you haven't produced them

so when there is no judgment against the pats, do you have your "well ofcourse not, goodell is in bed with kraft" excuse locked and loaded ?

Zooooom! Over your head.

You have yet to produce the two things I said you needed to. Therefore, you can't say they cheated when you haven't produced them

Okay; offense fully intended at this point.

You two are simple focks that are so bent on being fanboys of Brady/Bel I Cheat that if Jesus Christ came down and told you they cheated, you'd ask 'Who the fack ah you'.

That is all................

• Like 1

They made it to the Superbowl

AGAIN

Despite the refs not inflating the balls properly.

there I said it

Thankfully the refs fixed the balls so Brady could tear the schit up in the second half of the game, just think...the colts were still in it up till that point.

:overhead:

Okay; offense fully intended at this point.

You two are simple focks that are so bent on being fanboys of Brady/Bel I Cheat that if Jesus Christ came down and told you they cheated, you'd ask 'Who the fack ah you'.

That is all................

Lol yes it was meant as offense. I'm glad to see you're smart enough to finally realize that since you aren't smart enough to actually listen to what I was saying. Of course I'm gonna defend the team I pull for as you would as well. That being said you won't listen to the facts. Please give me FACTS. Not circumstantial evidence such as "Oh you know what he was doing in that bathroom". Um...actually using it? Isn't that what it's intended for? Until you produce the facts that point to the balls being deflated after the inspection or that the refs actually checked the psi then you're argument is invalid. I'm sorry but those ARE the FACTS

Lol so because fumble rates dropped that means they cheated right? Come on man get real. Has nothing to do with coaching does it? Or how hard Belichick is on his players about fumbling? Lord knows Ridley was a fumble machine last year and this year. I suppose the balls really helped out then huh?

If that's all you have to go off of then please keep quiet. Grown ups are trying to discuss

Fact:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deflate-gate-triggers-stat-spat-as-analysts-attempt-to-solve-why-patriots-don-t-fumble-003107565-nfl.html

Since they were able to use their own footballs, the Patriots' led the league as their fumble rate dropped dramatically.

Yeah................there's nothing to see here folks. :banana:

debunked garbage, keep clinging to whatever helps you through the off season :lol:

I'll just place this here.

A guy who is supposed to have a superior IQ than mine - and better degrees, apparently - doesn't put "you're" in place of "your" - nor do they leave several obvious spelling errors unmolested in their posts.

And don't blame autocorrect. I don't submit posts before quickly looking them over. High IQ detailed oriented people are very bothered by silly errors that diminish the reader's perception of the intelligence of the author.

And...lastly: this discussion isn't about proof. Very little in society is determined by proof; most things are decided by evidence.

If one possesses wisdom, that is. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Lol yes it was meant as offense. I'm glad to see you're smart enough to finally realize that since you aren't smart enough to actually listen to what I was saying. Of course I'm gonna defend the team I pull for as you would as well. That being said you won't listen to the facts. Please give me FACTS. Not circumstantial evidence such as "Oh you know what he was doing in that bathroom". Um...actually using it? Isn't that what it's intended for? Until you produce the facts that point to the balls being deflated after the inspection or that the refs actually checked the psi then you're argument is invalid. I'm sorry but those ARE the FACTS

...and one last thing.

You are now emotionally attacking another poster who is on the other side of this issue. The problem is obvious on one wall of your bathroom, Djbg: the shiny reflective one. Check it out.

As I read thru this thread, I was reminded of that uncomfortable feeling I had as a child when I was listening in on an emotional argument that my mom and dad were having in the next room over... Later on they divorced.

Is this my fault guys???

...and one last thing.

You are now emotionally attacking another poster who is on the other side of this issue. The problem is obvious on one wall of your bathroom, Djbg: the shiny reflective one. Check it out.

Please leave. No one cares about you or your opinions. And yes while typing on my phone between certain activities (which I can assure you are a lot more important than your mundane life) I don't go through and proofread my posts because 1) I have important stuff to do so I don't have time to reread everything. And 2) you're another idiot who can't comprehend what the post was saying. So therefore, I will not amuse you in your little trolling game.

Please if you have something to add that is FACTS like i stated before retard then please do so. Otherwise, I think we've all had enough of you trying to sound smarter than you actually are.

As I read thru this thread, I was reminded of that uncomfortable feeling I had as a child when I was listening in on an emotional argument that my mom and dad were having in the next room over... Later on they divorced.

Is this my fault guys???

Did you tamper with the balls in the Indy/NE game? :dunno:

WELL?

DID YOU!!!

I'll just place this here.

A guy who is supposed to have a superior IQ than mine - and better degrees, apparently - doesn't put "you're" in place of "your" - nor do they leave several obvious spelling errors unmolested in their posts.

And don't blame autocorrect. I don't submit posts before quickly looking them over. High IQ detailed oriented people are very bothered by silly errors that diminish the reader's perception of the intelligence of the author.

And...lastly: this discussion isn't about proof. Very little in society is determined by proof; most things are decided by evidence.

If one possesses wisdom, that is. :thumbsup:

And in case you didn't know I'll enlighten you. High IQ people aren't all the same. Some of them actually aren't OCD about going through their posts to make sure no one thinks they aren't smart. That's insecure people like you.

Lastly, you totally contradict yourself so let me enlighten you since you apparently don't know the English language.

Evidence: the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Proof: evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

Now going by the definitions of the words you can clearly see in order to have clear proof you need clear evidence that they cheated. Do we have this? Do we have the proof/evidence/facts that they violated rules? No we do not. So do not sit here and try to act all high and mighty without knowing what certain words mean

Please leave. No one cares about you or your opinions.

...while the rest of the world simply hangs in anxious anticipation for your next utterance. :rolleyes:

And yes while typing on my phone between certain activities (which I can assure you are a lot more important than your mundane life)

How would you know anything about me whatsoever? :dunno: Sounds like peurile adolescent posturing to me.

I don't go through and proofread my posts because 1) I have important stuff to do so I don't have time to reread everything.

You have time to post constantly in a fantasy football forearm, but you don't have time to proofread. Got it. :thumbsup:

Hey Djgb: another customer says their fries are cold. :lol:

And 2) you're another idiot who can't comprehend what the post was saying. So therefore, I will not amuse you in your little trolling game.

My comprehension is fine, thanks.

Please if you have something to add that is FACTS like i stated before retard then please do so. Otherwise, I think we've all had enough of you trying to sound smarter than you actually are.

While you sound much less defensive than you actually are. Got it. :first:

Is this my fault guys???

it could very well be that the realization of what they spawned created doubts and started the downward spiral of the marriage. :( sorry bro

And in case you didn't know I'll enlighten you. High IQ people aren't all the same. Some of them actually aren't OCD about going through their posts to make sure no one thinks they aren't smart. That's insecure people like you.

Seems to me that truly high IQ people make so few mistakes - in typing, grammar or diction, or anything else - with which to begin, that there is little to need correction regardless.

Wouldn't you say? :lol: - no, you wouldn't, because you don't know. What we have here is evidence that I can churn out rebuttal posts one after the other at a rate that can exceed yours, but mine don't contain errors, and yours do.

Do with that what you will - but it is evidence upon which I will base my conclusion of your claim of high intelligence as questionable at best.

Lastly, you totally contradict yourself so let me enlighten you since you apparently don't know the English language.

Evidence: the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Proof: evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

I'll stop you here. I have not contradicted myself at all. I'm refuting your claim that unless other posters have proof, their position is not at least as valid as yours - all while you lash out with no proof yourself.

You seem to have a seriously immature and emotional reaction to that fact.

Now going by the definitions of the words you can clearly see in order to have clear proof you need clear evidence that they cheated. Do we have this?

Uh...yes. People have been trying to tell you that one team's footballs do not deflate themselves beyond acceptable limits after inspection while the opposing team's do not. Where's my dunce emoticon now...

Do we have the proof/evidence/facts that they violated rules? No we do not. So do not sit here and try to act all high and mighty without knowing what certain words mean

Right. We have nothing. We are arguing no exposes on the topic; no reporting by insiders; the TV hasn't been filled with DeFlateGate for over a week now.

Got it.

You are obviously conflating standards of evidence and proof, and it's truly shocking that anyone would have to re-school you on the topic, what with your multiple degrees and all.

...while the rest of the world simply hangs in anxious anticipation for your next utterance. :rolleyes:

How would you know anything about me whatsoever? :dunno: Sounds like peurile adolescent posturing to me.

You have time to post constantly in a fantasy football forearm, but you don't have time to proofread. Got it. :thumbsup:

Hey Djgb: another customer says their fries are cold. :lol:

My comprehension is fine, thanks.

While you sound much less defensive than you actually are. Got it. :first:

Still bitter I see? And yea I'm on a break right now since being a freaking oncologist I do want something to do between patients. I'm sorry you're mundane life of working in a cubicle sucks. Nevertheless, I digress that you are very much emotional about it and refuse to even see anyone else's point or even take things at face value.

Here I'll make it simple. No patriots, no Belichick, no Brady, no history. Just facts. Here we go sunshine:

11 of 12 balls were found to be under inflated at half time. Check

A locker room attendant stopped at the restroom for 90 seconds before heading out to the field with the approved footballs. Check

Am I missing any other facts here? We do not know for a fact, except one article I've seen, that states what the psi was when the refs approved them even if they did a check. Nor do we see Indys footballs psi before the game.

So can't you accept the fact that MAYBE just MAYBE the refs didn't do their job? The ball boy simply went to take a piss and wash his hands before heading out to the field?

All bias aside you can easily see how this might be the case. I can also see the side that NE somehow got the balls deflated but until you have clear convincing evidence all accusations you throw out are baseless.

Seems to me that truly high IQ people make so few mistakes - in typing, grammar or diction, or anything else - with which to begin, that there is little to need correction regardless.

Wouldn't you say? :lol: - no, you wouldn't, because you don't know. What we have here is evidence that I can churn out rebuttal posts one after the other at a rate that can exceed yours, but mine don't contain errors, and yours do.

Do with that what you will - but it is evidence upon which I will base my conclusion of your claim of high intelligence as questionable at best.

I'll stop you here. I have not contradicted myself at all. I'm refuting your claim that unless other posters have proof, their position is not at least as valid as yours - all while you lash out with no proof yourself.

You seem to have a seriously immature and emotional reaction to that fact.

Uh...yes. People have been trying to tell you that one team's footballs do not deflate themselves beyond acceptable limits after inspection while the opposing team's do not. Where's my dunce emoticon now...

Right. We have nothing. We are arguing no exposes on the topic; no reporting by insiders; the TV hasn't been filled with DeFlateGate for over a week now.

Got it.

You are obviously conflating standards of evidence and proof, and it's truly shocking that anyone would have to re-school you on the topic, what with your multiple degrees and all.

Oh great and smart master then please enlighten us on FACTS. Please post FACTS that have been accepted as FACT. Furthermore, this post made me laugh my ass off at your attempt to try to refute my claims, make out to be some 12 year old adolescent, and make yourself seem incredibly smart when in fact I can easily use psychology, which was my minor back in college FYI, to determine that in fact you are an OCD self conscious man who needs to feel a sense of self satisfaction critiquing other people all the while he is unhappy with his life. Did I get that right? Sorry didn't mean to make it personal so going by observation.

But please continue. Please give me some facts I can work with and I'll gladly have a calm, rational discussion.

Still bitter I see? And yea I'm on a break right now since being a freaking oncologist I do want something to do between patients. I'm sorry you're mundane life of working in a cubicle sucks.

Sorry. I'm at home now, as my business runs itself. Kudos on your chosen profession - just be advised that many studies indicate that harbored anger issues seems to lead to immuno-depression, and could be a risk factor in anal cancer.

Nevertheless, I digress that you are very much emotional about it and refuse to even see anyone else's point or even take things at face value.

Here I'll make it simple. No patriots, no Belichick, no Brady, no history. Just facts. Here we go sunshine:

11 of 12 balls were found to be under inflated at half time. Check

A locker room attendant stopped at the restroom for 90 seconds before heading out to the field with the approved footballs. Check

Am I missing any other facts here? We do not know for a fact, except one article I've seen, that states what the psi was when the refs approved them even if they did a check. Nor do we see Indys footballs psi before the game.

And - for the record - you are willfully calling these things something other than evidence. Gotcha. :thumbsup:

So can't you accept the fact that MAYBE just MAYBE the refs didn't do their job? The ball boy simply went to take a piss and wash his hands before heading out to the field?

I have drawn no conclusions about anything. I'm operating on the evidence, and the motivations for such.

All bias aside you can easily see how this might be the case. I can also see the side that NE somehow got the balls deflated but until you have clear convincing evidence all accusations you throw out are baseless.

No, they're not 'baseless'. They're fodder for discussion and ample reason for suspicion. An organization which has a history of cheating should be very anxious to uphold the appearance of propriety while simultaneously understanding that this bed of malfeasance is one that they alone have made.

Sorry. I'm at home now, as my business runs itself. Kudos on your chosen profession - just be advised that many studies indicate that harbored anger issues seems to lead to immuno-depression, and could be a risk factor in anal cancer.

And - for the record - you are willfully calling these things something other than evidence. Gotcha. :thumbsup:

I have drawn no conclusions about anything. I'm operating on the evidence, and the motivations for such.

No, they're not 'baseless'. They're fodder for discussion and ample reason for suspicion. An organization which has a history of cheating should be very anxious to uphold the appearance of propriety while simultaneously understanding that this bed of malfeasance is one that they alone have made.

Sigh...I give up. I've tried to be sensible about it and use the things I listed as facts that came from the nfl yet you can't grasp that what I said about them was me saying they were evidence and facts. You seem to understand it as me saying they aren't evidence and facts so I'll stop. Trying to talk sense into some people just gives me a headache. One thing I've learned is some people are just stupid no matter what you tell them.

Oh great and smart master then please enlighten us on FACTS. Please post FACTS that have been accepted as FACT. Furthermore, this post made me laugh my ass off at your attempt to try to refute my claims, make out to be some 12 year old adolescent, and make yourself seem incredibly smart when in fact I can easily use psychology, which was my minor back in college FYI, to determine that in fact you are an OCD self conscious man who needs to feel a sense of self satisfaction critiquing other people all the while he is unhappy with his life. Did I get that right? Sorry didn't mean to make it personal so going by observation.

But please continue. Please give me some facts I can work with and I'll gladly have a calm, rational discussion.

Djgb: really now. The one that has been guilty of all that you mention is you. You're the emotional/on edge one. You're being vitriolic. I'm more amused than anything else, though that hasn't changed my focus on what is the proper position here.

You are doing it again. We don't need "facts" to refute your position any more than you don't seem to need facts in order to attempt to refute ours.

Like many juries, the jury of the public - of which I am a member - renders judgement as evidence is aired. At this point, it looks extremely bad for the Patriots. The information - as best as I know it - was laid out quite well in Filthy's post.

Now: if you can refute anything in Filthy's post, have at it. As is the case in many stories of high-end malfeasance, a mechanism is quickly engaged to obfuscate/confuse/derail/smokescreen the facts in evidence. The discerning bystander has to determine if subsequent claims have basis, or not.

I don't see anything in the news or anywhere else to this point that leads me away from the conclusion most rational fans would draw of nefarious activities on the part of NE personnel which led to intentionally deflating NE footballs in order to give them an edge on the football field.

Djgb: really now. The one that has been guilty of all that you mention is you. You're the emotional/on edge one. You're being vitriolic. I'm more amused than anything else, though that hasn't changed my focus on what is the proper position here.

You are doing it again. We don't need "facts" to refute your position any more than you don't seem to need facts in order to attempt to refute ours.

Like many juries, the jury of the public - of which I am a member - renders judgement as evidence is aired. At this point, it looks extremely bad for the Patriots. The information - as best as I know it - was laid out quite well in Filthy's post.

Now: if you can refute anything in Filthy's post, have at it. As is the case in many stories of high-end malfeasance, a mechanism is quickly engaged to obfuscate/confuse/derail/smokescreen the facts in evidence. The discerning bystander has to determine if subsequent claims have basis, or not.

I don't see anything in the news or anywhere else to this point that leads me away from the conclusion most rational fans would draw of nefarious activities on the part of NE personnel which led to intentionally deflating NE footballs in order to give them an edge on the football field.

No no you're right. I'm getting too emotional about it and I apologize. I am going to stop arguing cause it's getting neither you nor me anywhere except making us both look like asses. Only thing I will say is if there's any more evidence, and please make it true and from a refutable source, then please post cause I would like to hear it. And if patriots found guilty I'll apologize as well. However be a man and if they are found innocent don't claim them to still be cheaters. That's just being a sore loser

has the leak by the NFL that it was only 1 ball that was 2psi under and the rest were closer to 1psi under weighed in on your opinion at all ? Filthy convienently left out that leak. Yes leak. Since leaks are what you guys are basing your "facts" on, why leave that fact out of the equation ? :dunno:

Pre conceived bias maybe ?

No no you're right. I'm getting too emotional about it and I apologize. I am going to stop arguing cause it's getting neither you nor me anywhere except making us both look like asses. Only thing I will say is if there's any more evidence, and please make it true and from a refutable source, then please post cause I would like to hear it. And if patriots found guilty I'll apologize as well. However be a man and if they are found innocent don't claim them to still be cheaters. That's just being a sore loser

Well, in fairness, I think I only used the word 'cheater' once, and that was to start the thread I put up on the topic. It was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else - not to say that I suspect that there is substance to this story.

I have very little doubt that NE worked the system to provide Brady with balls that were deflated below the league allowable limit, but remain open to all further info which airs.

has the leak by the NFL that it was only 1 ball that was 2psi under and the rest were closer to 1psi under weighed in on your opinion at all ? Filthy convienently left out that leak. Yes leak. Since leaks are what you guys are basing your "facts" on, why leave that fact out of the equation ? :dunno:

Pre conceived bias maybe ?

I didn't leave it out; the "fact" that matters to me most when it comes to the exact amount is that 'leaks' aren't exactly as credible to me as directly reported stories with established sources, and that Indy's balls didn't suffer the same 'leaks'.

Why would Brady want a ball that would improve his chances of throwing interceptions ?

He wouldn't, its stupid.

Why would Brady want a ball that would improve his chances of throwing interceptions ?

He wouldn't, its stupid.

:lol:

Link to facts proving deflated balls lead to an increase in interceptions?

:lol:

Link to facts proving deflated balls lead to an increase in interceptions?

ESPN sports science segment.

ESPN sports science segment.

Really? Didn't see that. Did they account for Brady only throwing like my kid sister? :lol:

He wouldn't, its stupid.

Brady is already on record saying that he prefers a deflated ball, is he not? :dunno: