Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Will the Patriots Cheat in the Superbowl?

Brady is already on record saying that he prefers a deflated ball, is he not? :dunno:

no, said he prefers 12.5

No, I know what you're trying to say and it's you that isn't being logical.

You admit they cheated before: check.

You admit the Patriot footballs were not fully inflated when checked at halftime: check.

You hopefully will admit the Colts footballs were found to be fully inflated when checked at halftime.

So what evidence would convince you that it was done intentionally? Video of BB or Brady with a needle?

And keep in mind Goddell's words concerning Bounty Gate and Sean Peyton's suspension for 1 year; "Ignorance is no excuse". It's CLEAR to EVERYONE outside of Patriot fans that the organization was responsible for this.

You don't know what the facts are - most of what you're claiming as "facts" are speculative tidbits from anonymous sources, and some have already been called into serious doubt

Yet you're convinced the Pats cheated anyway. Maybe because you're a crybaby sore loser :dunno:

You don't know what the facts are - most of what you're claiming as "facts" are speculative tidbits from anonymous sources, and some have already been called into serious doubt

Yet you're convinced the Pats cheated anyway. Maybe because you're a crybaby sore loser :dunno:

Or maybe because of their long history of cheating. :banana:

It's funny how many people hate the Patriots. Sure if I was a Patriots fan I would rather them not cheat. A person with integrity wouldn't want someone they cheer for or believe in so highly to be called a cheater. And I understand why so many Patriot fans are being so defensive and trying to deflect to other teams being cheaters or sore losers. I would too !

I love the NFL and yes I really don't want it to be fixed or do I want cheating to be present. But I realize that's probably unrealistic. When I think of things that really matter to me the NFL is way down the list. I have two great and healthy kids. A beautiful wife (plus she has a high paying job which is a total bonus). I love my job and get payed very well. A very nice home. These are the things I'm passionate about. My favorite team has multiple Super Bowl rings. And that's great do I get upset if they lose sure for a moment or two. I'm very proud of the hard work I put in to have all these great things in my life. I'm truly lucky !

The Patriots will probably win the Super Bowl I'm just hoping for a good game.

Personally I just hope it's a better game than last year. By far the worst Super Bowl I've ever watched

Brady is already on record saying that he prefers a deflated ball, is he not? :dunno:

How did he miss that quote?

Personally I just hope it's a better game than last year. By far the worst Super Bowl I've ever watched

Yeah I agree it wasn't a fun game to watch unless you were a Seahawk fan then it was totally great I'm sure !

Although a much closer game, the Giants/Ravens SB was pretty tough to watch.

Although a much closer game, the Giants/Ravens SB was pretty tough to watch.

Yeah I think the Ravens crushed the Gmen in the Super Bowl around 2001 I think. Yeah I much rather see a high scoring close game !

Lol so because fumble rates dropped that means they cheated right? Come on man get real. Has nothing to do with coaching does it? Or how hard Belichick is on his players about fumbling? Lord knows Ridley was a fumble machine last year and this year. I suppose the balls really helped out then huh?

If that's all you have to go off of then please keep quiet. Grown ups are trying to discuss

Again, there are none so blind as though who will not see. You fail at connecting the dots often or just write everything off regarding the Patriots as coincidence?

People with drug addictions caught up in a situation where drugs are present are usually involved, yes? Well, a proven cheater is once again caught up in a situation where logical people draw the conclusion that cheating occurred. The logical conclusion is that the known cheater is involved.

And you don't want to discuss anything because you consider the possibility of them cheating unless there's video of Belichick deflating those balls himself. Even then, I doubt that you'd admit you're wrong.

Please leave.

:cry: You want us to go away so you guys can play tummy swords while you look at pictures of Brady and Bel I cheat? Typical responses from someone who can't apply logic and/or common sense.

Sigh...I give up. I've tried to be sensible about it and use the things I listed as facts that came from the nfl yet you can't grasp that what I said about them was me saying they were evidence and facts. You seem to understand it as me saying they aren't evidence and facts so I'll stop. Trying to talk sense into some people just gives me a headache. One thing I've learned is some people are just stupid no matter what you tell them.

Another telling sign. Everyone besides the ardent Patriot fans are stupid haters that are just sore losers. You want video evidence of Brady or Belichick with a football letting the air out of those 11 footballs (was the 12th to be the one for kicking?) Gotcha.............

http://tanyarayfox.weebly.com/blog/how-the-nfl-made-a-fool-of-you-with-deflategate

If you are a football fan that feels as though the Patriots have hurt the integrity of your precious sport with the PSI of a game ball, or a member of the media who took to your laptops and the airwaves to editorialize your distrust of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and Bob Kraft, then you should be mad right now; because the NFL played you like a fiddle.

They made a mockery of you. They dangled the bait in front of you and you snapped it up so quickly and with so much vigor that they havent even had to come out and speak to you and answer your questions; because you havent even asked them to.

And they knew that you wouldnt.

They dared you to inundate an entire team of athletes and personnel with accusations based on your lingering distrust of Bill Belichick post-SpyGate; distrust that constantly leaves you calling for his resignation and/or the confiscation of his Super Bowl rings despite the fact that you have failed to exhibit the same vitriol for the also-highly-decorated Jimmy Johnson who admitted to doing the same exact thing.

You went on the radio and the internet and TV and indicted the Patriots based on nothing other than a couple of flimsy reports and an announcement of an investigation. You did that knowing that despite it being enough of a story that Belichick and Brady were at the podium talking to you about it, the NFL had inexplicably failed to even have a conversation with Brady yet. You did that knowing that this is the same exact league and Commissioner whose credibility youd spent most of the season dismantling.

You wanted and needed so badly to believe that the Patriots couldnt possibly be the dynasty that has reigned supreme over the last fourteen years that you gave the NFL the benefit of the doubt.

The league that tried to cover up their knowledge of a video of Ray Rice knocking his fiancé unconscious with a punch to the face, then had their Commissioner stand up in front of you and dare you to try to make him pay any consequences for it.

The league that, in the interest of financial gain, ignored and covered up the brutal health implications of playing for them until a beloved Hall of Fame linebacker killed himself and donated his brain to science in the hopes that it may save the lives of other players.

Why has it not also been shoved down your throats that theyre investigating the Browns for illegal use of electronic devices for sideline communication, or that the Chargers were fined in 2012 for cheating through illegal use of towels with a hidden substance? Where was the viral outrage when the Cowboys and Redskins were fined millions in cap dollars after being found guilty of purposely dumping salaries into the uncapped year in 2010?

Wait, you will love this one. Why didnt the NFL deem it necessary to make quarterbacks and coaches speak to their accountability and respect for the integrity of the game when just TWO MONTHS AGO they caught the Vikings heating game balls on the sideline in a 12-degree game against the Panthers after they supposedly reminded both teams that it was illegal to do so? (Full credit and big thanks to Pats Krieg for compiling these.)

The NFLs brilliant leaking of a possible Patriots scandal was enough to incite such a frenzy that you immediately repudiated the trustworthiness of Brady; one of the NFLs pillars of sportsmanship and someone who has never previously been accused of being a cheater (or drug-user or rapist or animal endangerer or criminal of any kind). Not only did you question him but you attacked him. With nearly no provocation and armed with only a vague statement from an NFL spokesperson and unofficial reports from other sources, you labeled Brady a liar and a cheater.

After he told you that he didnt do anything wrong and stood and answered your questions for 35 minutes, you came on television and arrogantly rattled on about disappointment in him; disappointment based on the inflation level of game balls that almost every single current and former player agrees is a non-issue. That consensus is further backed up by the lack of outrage when the aforementioned ball-tampering in Minnesota popped up in November of 2014.

Aaron Rodgers admitted that he hopes his purposely over-inflated balls sneak by the referees inspection, and you dismissed that as not cheating. Because you know that the pressure of the balls does not win you NFL games. You arent mad about deflation or inflation; you just want to hate the Patriots.

The problem is that if you do think that the Patriots benefit from ball pressure, then Rodgers just told you that he does too. Youre not going to start a war against Rodgers, so you make it about principle. Its the principle of the matter.

Okay. Thats what they were figuring you would do.

So now we are nine days into this thing while fast approaching the Super Bowl, and the NFL has not even had to come out and actually call the Patriots cheaters. Nor have they addressed the issue directly to the media or the public. A spokesperson confirmed that there was an investigation. Then five days ago the NFL released a statement that took three paragraphs to say exactly what the spokesperson had confirmed: that they are investigating. The only notable addition was to note that the Patriots are cooperating fully with said investigation as well as a particularly preposterous paragraph in which they explain the reconnaissance mission in terms more suited for the script of an episode of CSI.

The fact that you so willingly fell into this trap is a testament to just how much power the NFL has over you. They handed you the narrative that they knew you wanted. They figured they could solve the indignity that the league had suffered at the hands of the mighty cheating Patriots by throwing the book at the "bad guys. Theyd even do it to Bob Kraft to show you how they dont play favorites.

What better way to help solve an image issue than align yourself with the masses against a common enemy? Bravo to Goodell. He "cracked down" on cheating without further angering any of the NFL owners that already don't like him.

You bought it hook, line and sinker because you're under the delusion that your team is all clear eyes-full hearts and has somehow been victimized by this. It is one thing to buy into a perfectly timed PR stunt. Its another thing entirely to fall into the ignorant space between conspiracy and reality that enables you to continuously denounce the NFL and its most successful franchise as cheaters and liars, yet still voraciously consume their product that they've pitted you against.

The only way that this league will change for the better is if you stop letting the NFL take you for such fools.

:first:

Again, there are none so blind as though who will not see. You fail at connecting the dots often or just write everything off regarding the Patriots as coincidence?

People with drug addictions caught up in a situation where drugs are present are usually involved, yes? Well, a proven cheater is once again caught up in a situation where logical people draw the conclusion that cheating occurred. The logical conclusion is that the known cheater is involved.

And you don't want to discuss anything because you consider the possibility of them cheating unless there's video of Belichick deflating those balls himself. Even then, I doubt that you'd admit you're wrong.

:cry: You want us to go away so you guys can play tummy swords while you look at pictures of Brady and Bel I cheat? Typical responses from someone who can't apply logic and/or common sense.

Another telling sign. Everyone besides the ardent Patriot fans are stupid haters that are just sore losers. You want video evidence of Brady or Belichick with a football letting the air out of those 11 footballs (was the 12th to be the one for kicking?) Gotcha.............

Sorry but like I said I'm done arguing about it cause there's no point so please just drop it already.

• Like 1

http://tanyarayfox.weebly.com/blog/how-the-nfl-made-a-fool-of-you-with-deflategate

If you are a football fan that feels as though the Patriots have hurt the integrity of your precious sport with the PSI of a game ball, or a member of the media who took to your laptops and the airwaves to editorialize your distrust of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and Bob Kraft, then you should be mad right now; because the NFL played you like a fiddle.

They made a mockery of you. They dangled the bait in front of you and you snapped it up so quickly and with so much vigor that they havent even had to come out and speak to you and answer your questions; because you havent even asked them to.

And they knew that you wouldnt.

They dared you to inundate an entire team of athletes and personnel with accusations based on your lingering distrust of Bill Belichick post-SpyGate; distrust that constantly leaves you calling for his resignation and/or the confiscation of his Super Bowl rings despite the fact that you have failed to exhibit the same vitriol for the also-highly-decorated Jimmy Johnson who admitted to doing the same exact thing.

You went on the radio and the internet and TV and indicted the Patriots based on nothing other than a couple of flimsy reports and an announcement of an investigation. You did that knowing that despite it being enough of a story that Belichick and Brady were at the podium talking to you about it, the NFL had inexplicably failed to even have a conversation with Brady yet. You did that knowing that this is the same exact league and Commissioner whose credibility youd spent most of the season dismantling.

You wanted and needed so badly to believe that the Patriots couldnt possibly be the dynasty that has reigned supreme over the last fourteen years that you gave the NFL the benefit of the doubt.

The league that tried to cover up their knowledge of a video of Ray Rice knocking his fiancé unconscious with a punch to the face, then had their Commissioner stand up in front of you and dare you to try to make him pay any consequences for it.

The league that, in the interest of financial gain, ignored and covered up the brutal health implications of playing for them until a beloved Hall of Fame linebacker killed himself and donated his brain to science in the hopes that it may save the lives of other players.

Why has it not also been shoved down your throats that theyre investigating the Browns for illegal use of electronic devices for sideline communication, or that the Chargers were fined in 2012 for cheating through illegal use of towels with a hidden substance? Where was the viral outrage when the Cowboys and Redskins were fined millions in cap dollars after being found guilty of purposely dumping salaries into the uncapped year in 2010?

Wait, you will love this one. Why didnt the NFL deem it necessary to make quarterbacks and coaches speak to their accountability and respect for the integrity of the game when just TWO MONTHS AGO they caught the Vikings heating game balls on the sideline in a 12-degree game against the Panthers after they supposedly reminded both teams that it was illegal to do so? (Full credit and big thanks to Pats Krieg for compiling these.)

The NFLs brilliant leaking of a possible Patriots scandal was enough to incite such a frenzy that you immediately repudiated the trustworthiness of Brady; one of the NFLs pillars of sportsmanship and someone who has never previously been accused of being a cheater (or drug-user or rapist or animal endangerer or criminal of any kind). Not only did you question him but you attacked him. With nearly no provocation and armed with only a vague statement from an NFL spokesperson and unofficial reports from other sources, you labeled Brady a liar and a cheater.

After he told you that he didnt do anything wrong and stood and answered your questions for 35 minutes, you came on television and arrogantly rattled on about disappointment in him; disappointment based on the inflation level of game balls that almost every single current and former player agrees is a non-issue. That consensus is further backed up by the lack of outrage when the aforementioned ball-tampering in Minnesota popped up in November of 2014.

Aaron Rodgers admitted that he hopes his purposely over-inflated balls sneak by the referees inspection, and you dismissed that as not cheating. Because you know that the pressure of the balls does not win you NFL games. You arent mad about deflation or inflation; you just want to hate the Patriots.

The problem is that if you do think that the Patriots benefit from ball pressure, then Rodgers just told you that he does too. Youre not going to start a war against Rodgers, so you make it about principle. Its the principle of the matter.

Okay. Thats what they were figuring you would do.

So now we are nine days into this thing while fast approaching the Super Bowl, and the NFL has not even had to come out and actually call the Patriots cheaters. Nor have they addressed the issue directly to the media or the public. A spokesperson confirmed that there was an investigation. Then five days ago the NFL released a statement that took three paragraphs to say exactly what the spokesperson had confirmed: that they are investigating. The only notable addition was to note that the Patriots are cooperating fully with said investigation as well as a particularly preposterous paragraph in which they explain the reconnaissance mission in terms more suited for the script of an episode of CSI.

The fact that you so willingly fell into this trap is a testament to just how much power the NFL has over you. They handed you the narrative that they knew you wanted. They figured they could solve the indignity that the league had suffered at the hands of the mighty cheating Patriots by throwing the book at the "bad guys. Theyd even do it to Bob Kraft to show you how they dont play favorites.

What better way to help solve an image issue than align yourself with the masses against a common enemy? Bravo to Goodell. He "cracked down" on cheating without further angering any of the NFL owners that already don't like him.

You bought it hook, line and sinker because you're under the delusion that your team is all clear eyes-full hearts and has somehow been victimized by this. It is one thing to buy into a perfectly timed PR stunt. Its another thing entirely to fall into the ignorant space between conspiracy and reality that enables you to continuously denounce the NFL and its most successful franchise as cheaters and liars, yet still voraciously consume their product that they've pitted you against.

The only way that this league will change for the better is if you stop letting the NFL take you for such fools.

:first:

Found this article interesting. that's all I have to say about that. If I say anymore it'll just cause an uproar

Steelers have 6 rings; none of which have a * on them.

:first: X 6

they have a lot more tears than rings ? You hear them clowns ? Bettis et al ?

What a bunch of crybaby focks.

What's with Bettis and the rubber tire on his arm ? Worried about fumbling ?

Clown

they have a lot more tears than rings ? You hear them clowns ? Bettis et al ?

What a bunch of crybaby focks.

What's with Bettis and the rubber tire on his arm ? Worried about fumbling ?

Clown

Why can't the Pats win without cheating?

Why is Brady such a poosay?

Why can't Belichick just follow the rules?

Why can't the Patriot fans just own the fact the team they cheer for cheats every chance they get?

Steelers have 6 rings; none of which have a * on them.

:first: X 6

the Steelers are a good, old school franchise.

But back in their dynasty days, lots of "illegalities" went on with them... nobody remembers that now b/c just like with NE, it was all crybaby stuff.

And as time passes, NE's Dynasty will be more highly regarded than PIT's... NE and SF will be right there as greatest dynasties ever with the only debates being over 4-0 vs. 4-2 in SuperBowls, and salary cap vs. non-salary cap, etc.

PIT basically becomes like Dan Marino... legendary sure, but as every season passes, their accomplishments become less and less relevant and further and further away from best ever. Defense was their hallmark -- the Steel Curtain - but that's not even the best anymore BAL and TB had better defenses and SEA this year is better... nobody cares if you were #4.

I respectfully disagree Ryan. The Patriots were caught and punished for cheating already and this current mess still hasn't played out.

Just as there are still those who look to Barry Bonds as the home run champ; there are a greater number of people claiming otherwise. Cheating debases the integrity of the game and the Patriots have shown they care nothing for the integrity of the game.

It's funny how many people hate the Patriots. Sure if I was a Patriots fan I would rather them not cheat. A person with integrity wouldn't want someone they cheer for or believe in so highly to be called a cheater. And I understand why so many Patriot fans are being so defensive and trying to deflect to other teams being cheaters or sore losers. I would too !

Its not so much a "hate" for me and probably others its more that we are NOT impressed at all with any of their accomplishments because there is just so many "yeah buts" and "issues" that it really takes away from it. A LOT. Take for example some previous successful teams like the 80's 49ers / Redskins or the 90's Cowboys / Bills. Those teams were hated ONLY because they won a lot. Just like the yankees in baseball. But, hate those teams or not you RESPECTED them and admired what they did.

This Patriots thing is not like that at all. Its not hate, its just seeing them for what they are - a team and organization that simply cannot be trusted and has been on the receiving end of some incredible "breaks" and "shady circumstances". The tuck rule? Focking joke. Shutting the Rams down out of the blue via cheating? Yeah right.

Pats fans can ignore all of this but the other 290 or so million people in the USA will NOT be ignoring it. The Pats are and forever will be the "Dynasty" with more asterisks than you can shake a stick at. FACT. Accept it, its the way of things.

Sorry. :)

• Like 1

Its not so much a "hate" for me and probably others its more that we are NOT impressed at all with any of their accomplishments because there is just so many "yeah buts" and "issues" that it really takes away from it. A LOT. Take for example some previous successful teams like the 80's 49ers / Redskins or the 90's Cowboys / Bills. Those teams were hated ONLY because they won a lot. Just like the yankees in baseball. But, hate those teams or not you RESPECTED them and admired what they did.

This Patriots thing is not like that at all. Its not hate, its just seeing them for what they are - a team and organization that simply cannot be trusted and has been on the receiving end of some incredible "breaks" and "shady circumstances". The tuck rule? Focking joke. Shutting the Rams down out of the blue via cheating? Yeah right.

Pats fans can ignore all of this but the other 290 or so million people in the USA will NOT be ignoring it. The Pats are and forever will be the "Dynasty" with more asterisks than you can shake a stick at. FACT. Accept it, its the way of things.

Sorry. :)

gets it.

/thread

/discussion

Steelers = 6 X :first:

Pats = 3 x :first:*

Someone needs remedial math. :doh:

Jeez, you'd think Steelers fans would show a little appreciation to the Pats for knocking out the wildcard team that manhandled their team early in the playoffs and ended their season in yet another sad whimper. :dunno:

Steelers = 6 X :first:

Pats = 3 x :first:*

Someone needs remedial math. :doh:

I checked every legit source, can't find any asterisks, maybe that's your tears giving you an optical illusion :lol:

Prove me wrong, show me an official record with the asterisk ?

Clown, ya hate them because they win.

Jeez, you'd think Steelers fans would show a little appreciation to the Pats for knocking out the wildcard team that manhandled their team early in the playoffs and ended their season in yet another sad whimper. :dunno:

Why would I show appreciation to a team for cheating? They barely won versus the Ravens and that was most likely with deflated footballs. That's the point of all this uproar. You Patriot fans think it's just about the Indy game and it's not. The Pats jobbed the Ravens out of the playoffs by doing the same thing they did versus the Colts.

The Patriots don't deserve to be there; the Ravens do. :doh:

I checked every legit source, can't find any asterisks, maybe that's your tears giving you an optical illusion :lol:

Prove me wrong, show me an official record with the asterisk ?

Clown, ya hate them because they win.

Integrity, once lost can rarely be found.

Congrats to the Pats and their Infamy. :first: *

Not trying to reflect the issue onto another team or make excuses. But noone can sit here and say any other franchise is clean. We all know the men in power there will try anything they can to give them an advantage. Some have been caught while others haven't. But I doubt the patriots are the first team to play with under regulation psi balls. And unless the nfl changes the process of how they are inspected they won't be the last

Not trying to reflect the issue onto another team or make excuses. But noone can sit here and say any other franchise is clean. We all know the men in power there will try anything they can to give them an advantage. Some have been caught while others haven't. But I doubt the patriots are the first team to play with under regulation psi balls. And unless the nfl changes the process of how they are inspected they won't be the last

Sounds like an admission to me.

Simple fix; stop letting teams supply their own footballs. Use the same game balls; period.

Sounds like an admission to me.

Simple fix; stop letting teams supply their own footballs. Use the same game balls; period.

I see nothing wrong with them supplying them but once the refs get them they need to check them thoroughly and have a ref actually take them to the field themselves. Not the home teams locker tom attendant.

I see nothing wrong with them supplying them but once the refs get them they need to check them thoroughly and have a ref actually take them to the field themselves. Not the home teams locker tom attendant.

Why not just remove the doubt and let the NFL supply them to ensure a level playing field? To do any less, will only keep the suspicions there.

Why not just remove the doubt and let the NFL supply them to ensure a level playing field? To do any less, will only keep the suspicions there.

Honestly I have no problem with either. I know qbs like to wear them in a bit before they have then inspected. Same as an umpire grabbing dirt and roughing baseballs up a bit.

Okay, sure. Might shut up whiny little vaginas like yourself so I'm all for it :thumbsup:

Actually, check that, I'm sure you would instantly find something else to sob over