Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

indiana law

Let us be bigots and hateful...just like Jesus wanted.

you Christian bashers are very very hateful

KSB2424, on 03 Apr 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

In retrospect sure, and I bet they will in the future. I bet they also assumed their religious freedom wouldn't get trampled on either over some random hypothetical question. Next time they'll know better.

Their religious freedom to discriminate against others? Again, just because you think that your "religion" tells you that you should discriminate others, that does not mean that it is right.

why should they ?

Why should they say something that is good for business? Are you 100% honest and provide all level of detail in all of your business dealings?

In this case, they could have just said no comment or "we don't deal in hypotheticals here, we make pizza". Instead, they wanted the limelight and didn't think about whether what they said was good for business.

Why should they say something that is good for business? Are you 100% honest and provide all level of detail in all of your business dealings?

In this case, they could have just said no comment or "we don't deal in hypotheticals here, we make pizza". Instead, they wanted the limelight and didn't think about whether what they said was good for business.

why would they be asked a stupid hypothetical question ?

what is the motivation of the one asking, other than intolerance and hate of their beliefs...goes both way bud.

what is the motivation of the one asking, other than intolerance and hate of their beliefs...goes both way bud.

Sorry, but it's not hate and intolerance when you're trying to get equal rights for everyone. I am intolerant and hate Hitler. Does that make me a bad person?

Check out this pizza place's gofundmepage.

Looks like they may never have to open again with all this support they are getting.

http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza

So some hustler made a whole bunch of money taking advantage of gullible religious people? That might be the second oldest profession.

• Like 1

you Christian bashers are very very hateful

Where did I bash Christians? Other than the hateful ones who try to use their Christianity as a reason to treat people poorly and do the exact opposite of Jesus' teachings?

And I am a Christian, i just dont use it as a reason to bash gays.

Where did I bash Christians? Other than the hateful ones who try to use their Christianity as a reason to treat people poorly and do the exact opposite of Jesus' teachings?

And I am a Christian, i just dont use it as a reason to bash gays.

who bashed gays got a link, fake outrage

drobeski, on 03 Apr 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

What? Indiana comes up with a controversial law (if you don't think that it controversial, then you haven't been paying attention) that affects businesses. The news station asks people who might be affected (my guess is that they asked some gheys too), what they think of the law and whether any of the situations might actually be pertinent to them. The business owner does not have to answer at all, but they are looking at it as free advertising. Moron pizza place owner or worker says something stupid and it goes viral.

Was the media asking hypotheticals when they asked the state legislators if this bill would allow people to put signs in their business that say, "No gays allowed" without any repercussions? Yes, but every situation that has not happened yet is a hypothetical and you have to ask if the law creates some sort of loophole that is either stupidly intended or stupidly unintended. That is the point of keeping an eye on what the government does given that many of these folks who are elected are not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Just topped yourself. :overhead:

He's whooping your ass, Hare Lip. You have no answer. Do you really think you're following the teachings of your Jesus or God or whatever by discriminating against people that God, himself, created? Just think about how ass backwards your logic is. :doh: :wacko:

link to the case they used the rfra in ?

fayg outrage

Did I say there was a case?

They were asked a question and they answered honestly rather than feigning indignation at the thought that this law could be used to discriminate. I applaud them for it :thumbsup:

who bashed gays got a link, fake outrage

Yeah, not wanting to serve them and using religion as an excuse is treating them well.

Yeah, not wanting to serve them and using religion as an excuse is treating them well.

Hmmmm lets break this sentence down.

A. The Pizza joint didn't say they didn't want to serve them, in fact they said they'd serve anybody who came in their pizzaria. Like they always have, in real life (not made up hypotheticals)

2. Religious Freedom and expressing it with simply not being forced to go to an event that you would feel uncomfortable at and can be argued is against your religion isn't an excuse. It's a reason. A reason that should be protected by the 1st Amendment.

III. Having your feelings hurt isn't a reason to over-ride the Constitution. Yelling "Fire!" in a public place that can easily cause physical harm and panic to the general public? Yes. Getting a little bit butthurt? No

A. The Pizza joint didn't say they didn't want to serve them, in fact they said they'd serve anybody who came in their pizzaria. Like they always have, in real life (not made up hypotheticals)

2. Religious Freedom and expressing it with simply not being forced to go to an event that you would feel uncomfortable at and can be argued is against your religion isn't an excuse. It's a reason. A reason that should be protected by the 1st Amendment.

III. Having your feelings hurt isn't a reason to over-ride the Constitution. Yelling "Fire!" in a public place that can easily cause physical harm and panic to the general public? Yes. Getting a little bit butthurt? No

A. Where in my comment you replied to did I talk about the pizza joint?

2. Going to an event is not against their religion. Serving people food is not against their religion. So yes...its an excuse. And one that should not be protected when its completely crap like this.

III. The constitution does not give people the right to discriminate against people. Thinking being gay is a sin or icky is not a reason to deny goods and services.

HTH

Remember in 2004 when George W. Bush was campaigning and he called for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage? Whatever happened with that? I do remember he stated after the election that he now had political capital, and he was going to use it for what he wanted. His first act out of the chute was to try and privatize social security. When will you right wingers learn what its all about? This social moral stuff is just empty calories. The owners don't want the people they put in office spending any real effort on that stuff. They want to be paid back on their investment, and that's it.

Either you support the 1st Amendment or you don't. The only times we see those things over-riden is due tothings like public safety, if it will cause violence or the well being of children, etc.

You can't be half pregnant, folks.

I despise when a person burns an American Flag, and I am sure it may deeply offend people (I would think veterans the most), but I support that right no matter how vile I think it is.

Ghey don't personally bother me in the least. I voted for Ghey Marriage when the amendment came up a few years ago in my state. If I, personally owned a small business like a wedding photographer, I would have zero issue at all. However I respect and am tolerant of the religious beliefs and freedoms of others. And while I don't totally understand myself, I support their rights.

Either you support the 1st Amendment or you don't. The only times we see those things over-riden is due tothings like public safety or the well being of children, etc.

I despise when a person burns an American Flag, and I am sure it may deeply offend people (I would think veterans the most), but I support that right no matter how vile I think it is.

Ghey don't personally bother me in the least. I voted for Ghey Marriage when the amendment came up a few years ago in my state. If I, personally owned a small business like a wedding photographer, I would have zero issue at all. However I respect and am tolerant of the religious beliefs and freedoms of others. And while I don't totally understand myself, I support their rights.

Again...who here is not supporting the 1st Amendment.

Just don't use it to claim that something is against your religion when it really isn't...especially when that something leads to discrimination.

I am tolerant of actual religious beliefs...not making things up to single out one group of "sinners" in this case while not caring about others.

Don't use religion as an excuse to not like something or someone.

Either you support the 1st Amendment or you don't. The only times we see those things over-riden is due tothings like public safety or the well being of children, etc.

The First Amendment reads:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The way that I see it, the 1st Amendment does not just provide for freedom of religion. If the freedom of religion infringes on the other parts of the 1st Amendment (and that is what I think is happening here), then the freedom of religion is not absolute.

Either you support the 1st Amendment or you don't. The only times we see those things over-riden is due to public safety.

I can agree with this, but the business should also refuse service for other egregious sins as well, as Bud stated earlier.

But that won't happen because they won't have any customers left.

So lose your business and be religious or keep your business and serve those who aren't pious.

You can't be half pregnant.

The bible also speaks against inter-racial marriages. So, based on your logic, business should have the right to discriminate against an inter-racial couple's marriagbe also, correct?

• Like 1

Either you support the 1st Amendment or you don't. The only times we see those things over-riden is due to public safety.

Please stop with this. No one has a problem with the first amendment or people engaged in legitimate religious practices. The problem is conflating good old-fashioned discrimination with the free exercise of religion.

Being "forced" to engage in the exact type of commerce you engage in every day does not infringe on your free exercise of religion, simply because it's with members of a group your religion looks down on. You don't get to bring your personal prejudices to the market place just because you can ascribe to them some flimsy religious underpinnings.

And you're wrong, there are other limits to the first amendment that have nothing to do with public safety. Look up terms like "libel" and "slander". Like your fists, and your words; your right to swing your religion ends at the end of my nose.

• Like 1

A whole lotta folks here want to trample the First Amendment Rights of religious people just because they hate religion.

Bunch of haters.

No one has a problem with the first amendment or people engaged in legitimate religious practices.

Then why on earth would you be against RFRA's?

Because in a court of law, when those RFRA's are put into real life practice (not all these made up hypothetical fake outrage ones), a judge does just that. Just what you said bolded above. He/She determines IF the religious practice/reason being sued upon IS legitimate.

Again, RFRA's are not a carte blanche right to do whatever you want in the name of religion, so why are we portraying it as such? There are many instances where RFRA's were tried to be used and shot down as not legitimate religous reasons.

Because in a court of law, when those RFRA's are put into real life practice (not all these made up hypothetical fake outrage ones), a judge does just that. Just what you said bolded above. He/She determines IF the religious practice/reason being sued upon IS legitimate.

Again, RFRA's are not a carte blanche right to do whatever you want in the name of religion, so why are we portraying it as such? There are many instances where RFRA's were tried to be used and shot down as not legitimate religous reasons.

Because they seem like an attempt to give the religious special rights to discriminate and to drag religion into new legal arenas where it has historically had no place. Just because it's not "carte blanche" doesn't mean it's right, or necessary.

What was stopping a judge from rulling on such things before 20 states had RFRAs?

Do you even know the difference between them and the federal RFRA law?

Do you still not understand the hypotheticals are there and real because the Indiana law differed (like the Arizona one that Brewer vetoed was different also)

Some girl at a pizza shop answered a question. She said they happily serve gheys, but would not participate in a ghey wedding due to their religious beliefs. All she did was make a statement.......did not act in any way. For this the crowd you guys have aligned yourself with made death threats and threatened to burn the place down.

So, who is being bashed in this? Tolerance? Please, you clowns are in bed with the most intolerant people there are.

Good job joining up with a bunch of haters. :thumbsup:

Some girl at a pizza shop answered a question. She said they happily serve gheys, but would not participate in a ghey wedding due to their religious beliefs. All she did was make a statement.......did not act in any way. For this the crowd you guys have aligned yourself with made death threats and threatened to burn the place down.

So, who is being bashed in this? Tolerance? Please, you clowns are in bed with the most intolerant people there are.

I don't think anyone here has condoned threats against the pizza place. I certainly don't.

HTH

Oh well. For some, teaching tolerance is a tough thing. The faster people let go of their bigotry and hatred, the less examples we'll have like this. I consider this a win for decency.

I don't think anyone here has condoned threats against the pizza place. I certainly don't.

HTH

It is who you clowns are aligned with. Crying about tolerance one minute, making death threats the next. Nice crowd you run with.

The bible also speaks against inter-racial marriages. So, based on your logic, business should have the right to discriminate against an inter-racial couple's marriagbe also, correct?

Nowhere does the bible state that. Israel was directed not to marry those outside their faith.

Out of Deuteronomy 7

Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, for they will turn your children away from following me to serve other gods, and the Lord’s anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you.

The bible never advocates racism being discussed here. The Lord did not want his people marrying those who worshiped other gods. Many Christian churches keep to that tradition. The church doesn't care what your wife/husband is provided he/she shares the faith.

today.

It is who you clowns are aligned with. Crying about tolerance one minute, making death threats the next. Nice crowd you run with.

I'm not aligned with anyone. Just think it is an unnecessary law that intends only to legalize discrimination against the gheys. Maybe others too but primarily the gheys.

I'm not aligned with anyone. Just think it is an unnecessary law that intends only to legalize discrimination against the gheys. Maybe others too but primarily the gheys.

These are the people you are championing. You are in bed with them.

These are the people you are championing. You are in bed with them.

Will you still make a cvm-filled pen1s cake for us? :wub: