Sign in to follow this  
OrangeSoda

Is Carlos Hydeworth the Risk?

I targeted Carlos Hyde in all my keeper leagues last year, as everyone knew Frank Gores time was limited. What i didn't see coming was SF losing 3 starting lineman? Will hyde be as productive as gore without the studs on the OL. Also the DEF has lost a tonof tallent as well, so the ball control game they ran under harbaugh, may be a thing of the past?

Any iinsight would be helpful. 9'ers Homers chime in!

Hard to run with no holes to go through , don't you think ?

- he should be one of the highest volume rushers in the league ... can't see a scenario where he won't be bagging at least 75% of the carries for them, including all gl work :dunno:

no worries about Reggie being out there, dude is a shell of what once he was ... and brittle as fock, to boot.

you raise legit concerns, though ... the ol and scheme are dodgy ... and the division is tough.

No - unless he's your 2nd back (at best), and the rest of your lineup is solid as fock. I don't like his prospects this year.

What about Alfred Morris vs Hyde in a KEEPER league.

Morris cap $12

Hyde $16

TOTAL CAP $138 ....

Thoughts

Man... I can keep him for a 7th or Kelvin Benjamin for an 8th. I am torn, but the Niners are going to be so bad this year, I see a lot of pumping and chucking for Kaep to play catch up in games...

On second thought...im getting flashbacks of 10 years ago when I took Kevan Barlow in rnd 2 that year he was supposed to be the man. Sank my whole season.

I still love Hyde. Cant wait for him to slip in drafts then get 20 carries a game.

No way he will get 320 rushes this season playing on that teams and running behind that oline .

Hyde has shown some talent though. I think his volume is safe, his production though is going to be reliant on the melding of the o-line and kaep's development. It's possible Kaep hit his peak a couple of years ago; last year was not good.

Pass. I dont think the defense will be very good, which means bigger deficits, which means less running. The only way this works imo is if Kap runs around like RG3 did, making lanes everywhere like Alf took advantage of.

Don't discount Reggie bush and the fact they will be in passing mode from mid 2nd qtr on with that D that will be atrocious

Don't discount Reggie bush and the fact they will be in passing mode from mid 2nd qtr on with that D that will be atrocious

Bush isnt a factor. No way he makes it through an entire game if he has a bunch of touches. Those 3 defenses... he will be mauled. Plus AZ, SEA, and now STL all have solid offenses at least. How is Hyde going to thrive in that division? He isnt an exceptional talent to begin with imo.

Bush isnt a factor. No way he makes it through an entire game if he has a bunch of touches. Those 3 defenses... he will be mauled. Plus AZ, SEA, and now STL all have solid offenses at least. How is Hyde going to thrive in that division? He isnt an exceptional talent to begin with imo.

Who are a handful of guys you would take right ahead of him?

Who are a handful of guys you would take right ahead of him?

Off the top of my head Ameer Abdullah, TJ Yeldon, Frank Gore, CJ spiller to name a few