Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

Peyton Manning's arm strength 'significantly' worse

In his old age Peyton has just become vulnerable to bad matchups like human qbs. He will still feast on soft defenses.

In his old age Peyton has just become vulnerable to bad matchups like human qbs. He will still feast on soft defenses.

Good pt. he is now a matchup based start

wow, I'm watching the first half of this game against KC. I earlier said he wasnt done, but I think I need to change my mind.

I'm seeing things that I've never seen from Peyton.

balls underthrown, with no zip, no spiral in some cases. He has a noodle arm.

it could just be a bad game, but wow.

at times his throws are on target, but at times they are definitely not.

of course the minute I posted this, Manning turned it around and started looking better.

His second half throws were considerably better. There were a couple in the second half where he didnt quite have the zip on the ball needed, but for the most part, he looked a lot better. Part of that is likely the better line play and playing out of the shotgun which I think gives him opportunity to read the defense more quickly and effectively.

Either way, there is a noticeable difference in his quality of play for sure.

The good news: he has some easier matchups coming up over the next 3 or 4 weeks, so they have time to sort things out a bit.

Peyton is fine,he's in HIS preseason right now. By week 4,you will see the real manning and that some obscure reporter just ran his mouth to get posted on the internet to try and make a name for himself. His timing is off,not his arm strength

I would be ashamed and humiliated if I thought Manning lost something.

STOP LISTENING TO THE MEDIA!

His arm is fine, as good as his prime? No, but if you educate yourself on the game of football you will know certain things.

Manning needs to be in the shotgun.

Stop with the boots and roll outs.

The OLine BLOWS!

Does he even have a running game helping him out?

Kubiak shouldnt be a head coach, let alone calling plays over Manning.

He was already sacked 7 times in 2 weeks... 17 all of last year.

It's week 2... which by the way his team is 2-0 and he just led them to a comeback with surgical precision... because they let him be Peyton.

But continue to talk about how Manning lost it because people have a habit of talking the popular narrative.

He was hurt last year and is a new offense doing things he hasnt done in the last 17 years. Show you know something about football and stop showing to can just repeat what people who want clicks on the internet think.

Clearly those people are always right.

Manning def has lost arm strength. He was underthrowing his WR's and the ball was hobbling. I know he pulled it together to win another game. But his football IQ is what abled him to do that and def not his arm strength. I am glad he is not on my team or my fantasy team

Manning def has lost arm strength. He was underthrowing his WR's and the ball was hobbling. I know he pulled it together to win another game. But his football IQ is what abled him to do that and def not his arm strength. I am glad he is not on my team or my fantasy team

I'll take the 20 points he got me for one of my teams. That was a really good defense as well.

Well, week 2 and things are already looking brighter. Go figure.

He over threw a few too, does that mean he gained arm strength?

His ball has hobbled forever. Like I said, educate yourself.

I would be glad I didnt get his 25 points either, wait... the point of fantasy is to get points right?

OK, good, glad I have him on my team and he hasnt played Oakland, Cleveland, Chicago, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh yet.

Speak to me about more rhetoric you heard all off season, I'm all ears.

He overthrew a couple of his WR.

Sanders also dropped an easy 50 yard bomb.

Dude threw for 3 TD last night. What more do you want?

OMAHA!

They want him to throw for 55 TDs every year.

Same Manning ive seen for a few years now. Only time I see him struggle is when they try and do something in the running game and make him obvious in the passing. He gets his timing down on the deeper throws with Sanders and Thomas and you will see a spike with Owen Daniels numbers and the 400 yard games. Only problem is when will Kubiak and Elway abandon there style for Peytons.

Same Manning ive seen for a few years now. Only time I see him struggle is when they try and do something in the running game and make him obvious in the passing. He gets his timing down on the deeper throws with Sanders and Thomas and you will see a spike with Owen Daniels numbers and the 400 yard games. Only problem is when will Kubiak and Elway abandon there style for Peytons.

I'm hearing rumors that Manning went rogue and started going shot gun. lol

What are they going to do bench him or cut him? Nope, they just have to deal with it. More proof this may be Peytons last year.

Peyton has his pride, he will not go down in his last year on someone elses ship, especially an inept ones like Kubiak.

How on Earth can Elway trust Kubiak over Manning?

He over threw a few too, does that mean he gained arm strength?

His ball has hobbled forever. Like I said, educate yourself.

I would be glad I didnt get his 25 points either, wait... the point of fantasy is to get points right?

OK, good, glad I have him on my team and he hasnt played Oakland, Cleveland, Chicago, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh yet.

Speak to me about more rhetoric you heard all off season, I'm all ears.

I think you're the one who needs to educate yourself if that is even possible. I am not the only one saying Manning has lost a bit. Its all over talk radio. Its all over this forum and others. So get your nose out of Mannings assss he isnt going to win you any extra games by you being his cheerleader.

He overthrew a couple of his WR.

Sanders also dropped an easy 50 yard bomb.

Dude threw for 3 TD last night. What more do you want?

This day and age any Qb can throw for 3 TD in a game. My point is Manning isnt Brady. He can dream, but eventually he will awake and be the same ole Manning singing Chicken parm you taste so good. :banana:

I think you're the one who needs to educate yourself if that is even possible. I am not the only one saying Manning has lost a bit. Its all over talk radio. Its all over this forum and others. So get your nose out of Mannings assss he isnt going to win you any extra games by you being his cheerleader.

I agree you are not the only one, there are a ton of people who watch football but dont gather certain insights or who lack certain knowledge of the game that are similar to your situation.

This day and age any Qb can throw for 3 TD in a game. My point is Manning isnt Brady. He can dream, but eventually he will awake and be the same ole Manning singing Chicken parm you taste so good. :banana:

Did Alex Smith throw 3 TDs last night?

I'm hearing rumors that Manning went rogue and started going shot gun. lol

What are they going to do bench him or cut him? Nope, they just have to deal with it. More proof this may be Peytons last year.

Peyton has his pride, he will not go down in his last year on someone elses ship, especially an inept ones like Kubiak.

How on Earth can Elway trust Kubiak over Manning?

Seems to me the orange crush was Denvers defense, Elway trusts Kubiak because its Elways style. Elway was above average in reality and no Peyton Manning.

Peyton was not Peyton.

Watched that full game, he was completing passes from muscle memory. He's missing that extra bit of touch to put the ball exactly where he wants it. Muscle memory and football smarts are still letting him force the ball to specific areas where he wants them but so many of his throws were just off.

Then all of a sudden, he rips a nice tight spiral right on target at the end of the game. Strange how it comes and goes. But then the one that got picked off for a TD, has to be one of the most awkward lame duck passes I've ever seen from Manning.

It was strange watching him play last night, he just seemed physically tired at times and couldn't throw the ball with any power. I really think Peyton is doing it on muscle memory.

Did Alex Smith throw 3 TDs last night?

HE threw a really nice floater to the wrong team, that was beautiful.

Fifth QB to reach 70,000 career passing yards...

Nope, just the second. He and Favre. Marino is 3rd with 61K. Manning needs 1,700 yards to pass Favre for the all-time record. The next closest active player is Brees with 56K who is 4th all-time. Brady with 53K is 5th.

Peyton was not Peyton.

Watched that full game, he was completing passes from muscle memory. He's missing that extra bit of touch to put the ball exactly where he wants it. Muscle memory and football smarts are still letting him force the ball to specific areas where he wants them but so many of his throws were just off.

Then all of a sudden, he rips a nice tight spiral right on target at the end of the game. Strange how it comes and goes. But then the one that got picked off for a TD, has to be one of the most awkward lame duck passes I've ever seen from Manning.

It was strange watching him play last night, he just seemed physically tired at times and couldn't throw the ball with any power. I really think Peyton is doing it on muscle memory.

Be careful now. With that comment Aaron Rednecki will claim you have a low football IQ and you have no idea what you're talking about. We are only on his superior football level if we praise Manning and find no fault in his play ever. :D

Be careful now. With that comment Aaron Rednecki will claim you have a low football IQ and you have no idea what you're talking about. We are only on his superior football level if we praise Manning and find no fault in his play ever. :D

Meh I'm not afraid of that rook! He can have an opinion when he's at 1000+ posts. ;)

Really though, I've been watching Peyton for years, and it's sad in a way to see how much he has declined. He's still good enough to get it done on sheer will, football IQ and muscle memory, but he's not zinging the ball into the exact spots he chooses like he used to.

I'm glad he recovered in the second half, because I was thinking watchng an entire year of Peyton struggling would be painful. I like the guy, I want to see him go out on a high note. I know we're only 2 games in, but he should hang it up after this season.

As long as you know your place.

As long as you know your place.

:lol: You really are disillusion if you think I have any respect for someone who is blind and cant see the decline in Mannings play.

Really though, I've been watching Peyton for years, and it's sad in a way to see how much he has declined. He's still good enough to get it done on sheer will, football IQ and muscle memory, but he's not zinging the ball into the exact spots he chooses like he used to.

I'm glad he recovered in the second half, because I was thinking watchng an entire year of Peyton struggling would be painful. I like the guy, I want to see him go out on a high note. I know we're only 2 games in, but he should hang it up after this season.

Yeah I noticed it last week and I was like man what a change from last year. Thinking maybe he was just not in football shape and then the first half last night was a train wreck. We will see alot of games like that this year. I have told a few guys in my league I wouldnt be surprised if Manning hangs it up after this season. Its been a good ride for him.

Fifth QB to reach 70,000 career passing yards...

Nope, just the second. He and Favre. Marino is 3rd with 61K. Manning needs 1,700 yards to pass Favre for the all-time record. The next closest active player is Brees with 56K who is 4th all-time. Brady with 53K is 5th.

There's no way posty just put that out there as a blatant mistake. He must be including CFL players, or players from the 1800's or something.

Shaddap rook.

:banana:

Yup, because I dont post often makes me a rook. You got it.

You are about as good at logic as you are at football insight.

:lol: You really are disillusion if you think I have any respect for someone who is blind and cant see the decline in Mannings play.

So you have no self respect?

Manning isnt clutch like Brady is. Remember how many times Manning has choked in the playoffs?

Oh, please. Tom Cassel went 11-5 in the Patriots system when Brady was injured.

The Colts went 2-14 in the system when Manning was injured.

Brady is a product of his system. Manning IS the system.

No, I said the fifth QB to reach 70,000 passing yards:

Anthony Calvillo

Damon Allen

Brett Favre

Warren Moon

Peyton Manning

Oh, please. Tom Cassel went 11-5 in the Patriots system when Brady was injured.

The Colts went 2-14 in the system when Manning was injured.

Brady is a product of his system. Manning IS the system.

Then tell me why Mannings system always finds a way to lose when it comes to playoff games? :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I said the fifth QB to reach 70,000 passing yards:

Anthony Calvillo

Damon Allen

Brett Favre

Warren Moon

Peyton Manning

Jesus. Want to count pee wee football and rugby as well while your at it? CFL isnt isnt in the discussion.

Yup, because I dont post often makes me a rook. You got it.

You are about as good at logic as you are at football insight.

48 posts of crap and counting.

GG rook.

:thumbsup:

Then tell me why Mannings system always finds a way to lose when it comes to playoff games? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give me the list of quarterbacks with more playoff wins than Peyton Manning.

It's a pretty short list.

Besides, that's not really my point. My point is that until Tom Brady plays in a system other than Belichick's system, we'll never know if it's Brady or the system that's creating the success there. Again, Matt Cassel was successful there, and he's awful.

Manning has had success under 4 different NFL coaches. He's proven that he can win, no matter where you put him. Brady has only had success under Belichick, so how do we know if Belichick or Brady is the mastermind there?

Besides, that's not really my point. My point is that until Tom Brady plays in a system other than Belichick's system, we'll never know if it's Brady or the system that's creating the success there. Again, Matt Cassel was successful there, and he's awful.

Manning has had success under 4 different NFL coaches. He's proven that he can win, no matter where you put him. Brady has only had success under Belichick, so how do we know if Belichick or Brady is the mastermind there?

It's Brady that makes it tick, and anybody who watched Belicheat coach in Cleveland can attest to his idiocy. Ok, I'll admin, he's gotten better, but Brady is the meat and potatoes. It's the perfect union of Satan and Damien.

Thats because he has played in so many for so many years. He is .458 wich is by far the worst % among the top 18 all time playoff wins. No.18 being Dan Marino, another playoff bust the only one lower wich is why I cut it off there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_starting_quarterback_playoff_records