Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

People still worried about GIO!?

Bengals had an odd game plan. lot of shotgun 5 wide. gio saw the field more than I would have guessed but hill was in at the gl.

Bengals had an odd game plan. lot of shotgun 5 wide. gio saw the field more than I would have guessed but hill was in at the gl.

Gio saw the field so much because it was a massacre. Closer game and Hill should be much more involved, not like 19 carries isnt involved

😂😂😂😂😂

What kind of tears are those? Regret for starting thread tears?

• Like 1

Only debate during the summer was that Hill is not a rb 1 with Bernard on the team .

We now know Hill is vulnerable and doesn't have a lock on the job. Would Charles lose his job for the day fumbling? No. AP fumbled 3 times today and still got all the carries. I have as much faith in Hill now as a hill of beans. Will look to trade him ASAP for Hyde or someone similar.

We now know Hill is vulnerable and doesn't have a lock on the job. Would Charles lose his job for the day fumbling? No. AP fumbled 3 times today and still got all the carries. I have as much faith in Hill now as a hill of beans. Will look to trade him ASAP for Hyde or someone similar.

you are probably fishing a bit here but to comparing a 2nd year hill to firmly entrenched 7+ yr starters charles and adp is beyond ridiculous. charles had fumbling problems early in his career...i'm guessing if you go back and look he sat the rest of a few games early on there. AP, a nearly once in a generation RB talent, maybe didn't get benched for fumbling early on, but again i'd even have to check on that.

If anyone is foolish enough to trade a 15-20+ carry RB on a playoff caliber team/offense that way more often than not will get the GL work for a so far one-week wonder RB on a bad team who already has concussion issues (or someone similar) then more power to you.

Gio gets put in because Jeremy hill was benched by the coach for fumbling and was trying to teach a lesson. So you think gio is all of a sudden the clear cut #1? Hill is still the back to have and will still get the bulk of the carries. Now gio is good and with the adp u could have got him for, it was probably a good deal, sure. But some of yall are reaching.

Gio gets put in because Jeremy hill was benched by the coach for fumbling and was trying to teach a lesson. So you think gio is all of a sudden the clear cut #1? Hill is still the back to have and will still get the bulk of the carries. Now gio is good and with the adp u could have got him for, it was probably a good deal, sure. But some of yall are reaching.

Gio isn't going anywhere

Gio isn't going anywhere

No he's not, and rightfully so. But unless Cincy changes its MO they need a big dog at RB. I like the explosiveness Bernard brings, and he brought it yesterday, but the Bengal mantra has been a power running game to keep the ball out of Dalton's hands. Not sure that fits Bernard. But again, maybe the change their MO?

Think we knew this answer going into this season , will a lot did .

Hill got benched because of two fumbles.

and you know what? he deserved it.

The coach needs to send a message when this sort of thing happens.

He wont lose his job. Fumbling wasnt a problem last year, so the coaches will treat it as a one off and will give him the ball next week.

that being said, I think the hook will be swift if he puts the ball on the ground again next game.

I really wonder how many in here watched the game. in the first half hill was about 8 carries for 38 yards almost 5ypc. I though he was running fine always falling forward and running hard. he nearly had his knee twisted when it was landed on on the first fumble. a fumble that on review looked like his knee was down but wasn't enough to overturn. in the 2nd half on his 2nd carry he dropped a pitch out. wasn't like the ball was stripped because he wasn't holding it right. the staff must have thought he wasn't focused or something.

I would be shocked if the Bengals went back to what clearly didn't work the first half of last season which was a 75-25 split in gios favor which also got him hurt.

No he's not, and rightfully so. But unless Cincy changes its MO they need a big dog at RB. I like the explosiveness Bernard brings, and he brought it yesterday, but the Bengal mantra has been a power running game to keep the ball out of Dalton's hands. Not sure that fits Bernard. But again, maybe the change their MO?

Keep the ball out of Dalton's hands???? Pass whatever you are smoking this way!!!!! Dalton is a very good QB with very good WRs, especially now that Jones is back, get real dude!! That backfield will remain clouded, they will ride the hot hand and both have very good skillsets. But Gio will continue to play a large role

Keep the ball out of Dalton's hands???? Pass whatever you are smoking this way!!!!! Dalton is a very good QB with very good WRs, especially now that Jones is back, get real dude!! That backfield will remain clouded, they will ride the hot hand and both have very good skillsets. But Gio will continue to play a large role

I would have accepted "decent QB"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000535969/article/jeremy-hill-talks-benching-after-two-fumbles-vs-bolts

Ok I earlier said fumbling wasnt an issue. I was wrong. He has now fumbled 7 times in 18 career games. That is quite a lot.

it sounds like hes not losing his job, but he is on a short leash.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis expressed confidence in Jeremy Hill following Sunday's benching for fumbling, saying the early-down back would be "fine."

Lewis said fumbles can become a mental issue for backs with "weak" personalities, but that Hill "doesn't have a weak personality." Lewis also said neither Hill nor Gio Bernard "can predict how many carries they'll get in a certain game." Basically, Lewis is saying the status quo will be restored after Sunday's benching. Hill will keep hammering on early downs, and Bernard will change the pace. Hill remains an RB1, but perhaps more in the 10-12 range than 5-8. Bernard has a nice floor for a FLEX option.

I would have accepted "decent QB"

He's no Tom Brady, but my point was they NEVER game plan around keeping the ball out of Dalton's hands, not with the receiving corp that they possess. They may very well look to have a balanced attack but they are not looking to avoid him. That's why they paid him.

I really wonder how many in here watched the game. in the first half hill was about 8 carries for 38 yards almost 5ypc. I though he was running fine always falling forward and running hard. he nearly had his knee twisted when it was landed on on the first fumble. a fumble that on review looked like his knee was down but wasn't enough to overturn. in the 2nd half on his 2nd carry he dropped a pitch out. wasn't like the ball was stripped because he wasn't holding it right. the staff must have thought he wasn't focused or something.

I would be shocked if the Bengals went back to what clearly didn't work the first half of last season which was a 75-25 split in gios favor which also got him hurt.

Gio averaged 6.2 per carry and now sits at 6.6 ypc for the season...look out baby