Sign in to follow this  
montana

J.Hill - Sell "high"

Im banging my head trying to decide if it's time to shop him but am hesitant. Anyone move him & what did you get?

sadly i thought i was buying low last week when i gave up maclin for him straight up in a ppr league... his carry per td ratio will never hold up... 9 carries last week .. 3tds... until he takes control of the backfield (if)... he is going to be td dependent.. although he has a real chance to push for 15-20 rush tds in this offense... the td upside is huge for him... just my opinion... if its a standard league i would hold... ppr league im not sure..

Def a sell high. Got outcarried by Gio and luckily had 3 easy tds. Guy is a team killer, including mine this week.

Did you guys not watch him last year? TD dependent lol get out of here. He's a solid back he's just started out slow. I'm def not selling I'm buying.

I bought him this week. Gio can't stay healthy and Hill is a monster. I predict Seattle takes out Gio Sunday. Kam may kill him.

Sale high no question , of he does not get a td he won't score much points . Bernard is the guy they use in the passing game and is getting as much carries .

They'll need to revert back to their power running offense this week. I guess we'll know by then. But Bernard has been an absolute beast.

Sold him for Forsett and James Jones. Barring injury to Gio he's a TD dependant low end RB 2 in my mind give the split we've seen over the first 4 games. 4 games that cincy has won so they aren't likely to be changing the mix any time soon.

Now Hill is questionable for this week .

i dont think i sold high on hill... but i did just trade him.... i gave up rivers, hill, jame jones for cam and edelman in a 2qb ppr league... i think its fair but i am glad i got rid of the headache..

There seems to be some feeling that Hill isn't capable of ripping off long runs. TD dependent? The guy is dynamic. I had him last year and he can do it all. He's just as fast as Gio. Not quite as shifty but who is?

If he doesn't put up numbers this week against the Seahawks who have shut all RBs down, I can't wait to read the doom and gloom about Hill.

When GIo goes down to injury like last year the folks who traded Hill are going to be on suicide watch.

• Like 1

Hill trade high now on the injury list so there goes that ideal .

I've been saying it all year long.......Hill is a way better nfl rb than Gio. Better athlete by far. Will still end the year as a top rb easily.

I've been saying it all year long.......Hill is a way better nfl rb than Gio. Better athlete by far. Will still end the year as a top rb easily.

He better hurry .

Oh, easily? With 9 carries last week even tho they were up the whole game and being outrushed by Gio on a weekly basis? Why are people so quick to say the guy being replaced is so bad? Gio played well enough a couple years ago to be drafted in rnd 1 the following year of fantasy. Hill showed us something is a whole 8 games last year and Gio wasnt even bad, he was dinged up.

Looks like his stock still isn't high enough in my league. I've shopped him to a few possible owners but the best u can get would be about equal to a WR low 2 to low 3.

And it won't go up after this week either. Guess I'll be forced to sit & wait.

I don't have to start him if I don't want to (plenty of RBs), I could use a WR upgrade tho.

Oh, easily? With 9 carries last week even tho they were up the whole game and being outrushed by Gio on a weekly basis? Why are people so quick to say the guy being replaced is so bad? Gio played well enough a couple years ago to be drafted in rnd 1 the following year of fantasy. Hill showed us something is a whole 8 games last year and Gio wasnt even bad, he was dinged up.

gio was healthy the first half of last year and was completely underwhelming.

people forget hill went off last year when gio went down... before that hill was the td dependent rb he is now...when (if) gio goes down that is when hills value will be where every1 expected it... and whats really hurting hill is andy dalton playing so well.. he now has a healthy green and eifert to work with this season... no1 expected dalton to play this well.. because he is they dont have to have hill on the field as much and be a run heavy team... they are more of a pass heavy team.... so like i said .... until dalton starts playing bad or gio goes down hill is going to be legarrette blount 2.0 sadly... a td dependent game flow rb... and game flow is not even a given .. hence last game... gio was for some reason the closer even though the bengals were up all 4th quarter..

hill owners are in denial but everything points to hill being a headache all year where his touches are going to fluctuate... getting 9-15 touches per is just going to make him a middleing rb2 this year until circumstances change... if ur buying low ur hoping for an injury to gio... and hoping for an injury is never a good thing..

There seems to be some feeling that Hill isn't capable of ripping off long runs. TD dependent? The guy is dynamic. I had him last year and he can do it all. He's just as fast as Gio. Not quite as shifty but who is?

If he doesn't put up numbers this week against the Seahawks who have shut all RBs down, I can't wait to read the doom and gloom about Hill.

When GIo goes down to injury like last year the folks who traded Hill are going to be on suicide watch.

I actually think Hill is a sneaky play this week. It's been stated what is hindering him, almost as much as Bernard playing like Gale Sayers reincarnated, is Dalton and the effectiveness of the passing game. If Seattle shuts down AJ Green and Eifert, Cincy may revert to form and run the ball. Seattle is good against the run, but the Bengals have a damn good offensive line. AND they are playing at home. Russell Wilson has not been as effective on the road, and a close game helps the possibility of a Cincy running attack.

Just my thoughts.

gio was healthy the first half of last year and was completely underwhelming.

The offense wasnt right, Dalton needs all his weapons to function. When he does, the entire team is lifted. Proof of this is his breakout 2013 season and now his resurgence. Plus all this is forgetting that things can change on a dime in the nfl. So what if a guy looked a certain way last year or the year before, all that matters is what guys look like now, this year. hill looks great when hes plunging for 1yd, Gio looks better in every other situation. Hill is basically a glorified Michael Bush right now.

He's in a full time RBBC with Bernard. As long as Bernard produces, he'll keep getting carries.

I traded him away this week... 14 team ppr

I gave Hill and Brian Quick

I received James Jones and A Ellington

The offense wasnt right, Dalton needs all his weapons to function. When he does, the entire team is lifted. Proof of this is his breakout 2013 season and now his resurgence. Plus all this is forgetting that things can change on a dime in the nfl. So what if a guy looked a certain way last year or the year before, all that matters is what guys look like now, this year. hill looks great when hes plunging for 1yd, Gio looks better in every other situation. Hill is basically a glorified Michael Bush right now.

So the offense was right in the 2nd half of last year? This is all about whether the team wants to stay pass heavy or not. I continue to be amazed at how they stay in 4 wide shotgun even with decent leads. Dalton will burn them eventually doing that, esp when teams focus on defending the pass more. Will be interesting to follow the rest of the year. I think they'll go back to run heavy at some point.

Fwiw hill scored from 7-8 yards out a couple times last week. the talent and drive is there.

• Like 1

I traded him away this week... 14 team ppr

I gave Hill and Brian Quick

I received James Jones and A Ellington

Some of you guys are panicking into bad trades.

This is a HORRIBLE fantasy year for RBs. If you've got one with great super stud potential this year, you don't trade him.

Not even close to a rbbc. Hill is clear #1. Gio is far behind.

Yet Gio got more carries in a game they were leading last week. How is that anywhere close to far behind?

Imo, some common misconceptions going on here.. Some guys just get more TDs than others. Like GL backs and big-bodied wideouts w/ teams that like to throw in the red zone. Easy rush or receiving TDs from <5 yards out are the best indicator of future TDs...

i think he's a buy.

if ur going to buy hill... u buy him week 7... when he goes on his bye and his schedule is much better... he gets seattle this week, buffalo next, and than has his bye..

if ur going to buy hill... u buy him week 7... when he goes on his bye and his schedule is much better... he gets seattle this week, buffalo next, and than has his bye..

You want him now because Gio will be broken in half after the next two games.

If I can get a good deal for Hill I'm trading him , now it's hard to say if I guy is going to get hurt and I hope no player does I just don't understand how someone gets waiting for that to happen . Of Bernard is healthy he as to much talent for Hill to be the rb1 most people drafted him to be . Last years stats no longer mean anything and by now it's time to move on from them , became if you don't you are going to have this season pass you by holding unto Hill and waiting for his number to match last season and right now it's easy to see that's not going to happen .

If I can get a good deal for Hill I'm trading him , now it's hard to say if I guy is going to get hurt and I hope no player does I just don't understand how someone gets waiting for that to happen . Of Bernard is healthy he as to much talent for Hill to be the rb1 most people drafted him to be . Last years stats no longer mean anything and by now it's time to move on from them , became if you don't you are going to have this season pass you by holding unto Hill and waiting for his number to match last season and right now it's easy to see that's not going to happen .

But Bernard isn't as talented. He just isn't. Hill is a freak. He's big and fast. Gio cannot carry the load. He's going down.

But Bernard isn't as talented. He just isn't. Hill is a freak. He's big and fast. Gio cannot carry the load. He's going down.

Stop. Gio has plenty of talent and im sick of hearing otherwise. All we heard when Gio was drafted was how talented he was. what happened then? Gio broke out and was a first round pick the year after that and everyone loved him. Then he got dinged up a bit and the bengals lost their offensive weapons. the power run game was all they had and Hill is the power runner. Gio just wasnt as good a fit for that style of offense. Now this year its reversed and the bengals are high flying again. Look here, whaddaya know, Gio is playing great.

Stick up for Hill all you want, hes a fine player, but stop saying Gio is some talentless scrub when we all clearly saw otherwise from the minute he was drafted by the bengals. hill has had 8 good games, relax. Trent Richardson had that many great games as well. It can happen, guys just get lost in the gameplan sometimes.

Stop. Gio has plenty of talent and im sick of hearing otherwise. All we heard when Gio was drafted was how talented he was. what happened then? Gio broke out and was a first round pick the year after that and everyone loved him. Then he got dinged up a bit and the bengals lost their offensive weapons. the power run game was all they had and Hill is the power runner. Gio just wasnt as good a fit for that style of offense. Now this year its reversed and the bengals are high flying again. Look here, whaddaya know, Gio is playing great.

Stick up for Hill all you want, hes a fine player, but stop saying Gio is some talentless scrub when we all clearly saw otherwise from the minute he was drafted by the bengals. hill has had 8 good games, relax. Trent Richardson had that many great games as well. It can happen, guys just get lost in the gameplan sometimes.

I said he isn't as talented. That translates to scrub?

What has Gio done this year?

I owned Gio AND Hill last year. Needless to say I was thrilled when Gio went down. He's not as talented.

I understand the change in offensive philosophy, and Dalton having a full complement of pass catchers. But damn, I thought that Cincy offensive line would be opening some holes in the run game for Hill. Maybe it's just Bernard, who is running circles around him. My hat's off to Gio, who felt the heat and has gotten after it. Though I still stand by the claim he cannot handle a heavy number of carries regularly. If the touchdown split was any sort of even this battle wouldn't be close.

hill remains a hold as you can't drop him yet and you can't possibly get anything worthwhile trading him. final nail for him will be wk 9 vs clev. if he can't produce that week (and i'm talking yardage wise) then he's likely droppable in most formats.

What has Gio done this year?

He is the 13th highest scoring PPR RB in the league?

Oh and for the "Gio's scoring is a PPR illusion" crowd, here have your mind blown.

Gio Bernard has the 6th most rushing yards in the entire NFL. More than Carlos Hyde, Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Latavius Murray, Frank Gore, Chris Ivory, Eddie Lacy, Demarco Murray and Ryan Matthews added together, and the entire franchises in Detroit, Denver and Miami.

But i mean other than that, Gio hasnt done anything this year.

Meanwhile in the exact same offense, Hill has outrushed James Starks by 2 yards, and has less rushing yards than Matt Jones, Karlos Williams, and Alfred Blue. Whats the common denominator here? Oh thats right these are all backup RBs.

Dont get me wrong. I bought in to the Hill Hype and danced in the streets when he fell to me at 2.12 in my one redraft league. Im PRAYING he turns it around. But the cold hard truth is so far this season Jeremy Hill is a bust of epic proportions., and Gio Bernard is the kind of late round value pick that wins championships.

Here's a different take. Right now Cincy has a very balanced offense, but as the weather changes that may shift more run-heavy being an outdoors stadium. Hill dominated the 2nd half of last year under the same circumstances and their HC is still saying all the "right" things about Hill.