Sign in to follow this  
DrG

Martavis

His route running isn't that good. His hands are decent. Those 2 things are HUGE. Will wait and see after a few games to see what Bryant really is. I def think if Brown wasn't getting all the attention he wouldn't be do jack. He's lucky he has Brown and even then he's just gonna be one of those guys who will give u a huge game and then disappear. You guys wouldn't even be talking about him if he didn't make that catch late in the game. He would have been a BUST outside his huge catch. That's my point!!!!

5 for 50 and a TD = Bust?

:lol:

I watched him play last year and he definitely passed the eye test.

He was always able to get a step on the DB in the deep routes.

He adjusts to the ball easily, has good hands (albeit not great), and has great quickness and top speed. (If you don't think so, watch him pull away from Patrick Peterson in last weeks game, when Peterson was already in a full on sprint)

I drafted him in every league this year, knowing I'd have to sit on him for 4 weeks just to see if he was going to pick up where he left off. I'd say his first game back suggests that might be the case.

Is he a bonafide #1 WR? No. Game history will show whether he is or not.

Can he be a super-star? I believe he can. He may very well be the closest thing to Moss we'll see for a long time.

He's not as talented as Moss, but he has many of the same attributes, and if he can keep his nose clean and work hard, I think he's in for a monster year.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's pretty focking sad that EVERYBODY made such a big deal over Antonio Brown and his string of 36 straight games of 5 for 50. What a focking bum, 36 straight games of BUST!

:rolleyes:

I love that focking argument..."Well, if you take out the big play he's just average". I'm sure the coaches think the same thing. "Hey Martavis, now go out there and only catch 5 yard passes because we DON'T want any of those horrible big plays, ok?"

Yeah, it's pretty focking sad that EVERYBODY made such a big deal over Antonio Brown and his string of 36 straight games of 5 for 50. What a focking bum, 36 straight games of BUST!

I love that focking argument..."Well, if you take out the big play he's just average". I'm sure the coaches think the same thing. "Hey Martavis, now go out there and only catch 5 yard passes because we DON'T want any of those horrible big plays, ok?"

I think the guy is just irate that his AB went from carrying his team to an afterthought, and now Martavis has huge rapport w/ Landry.... The words of a bitter man

It works in some instances. Like Jeremy Hill. People were getting a mouth full of Hill juice when i suggested his long runs were more of a fluke because he is a slow back and that they were more lucky than anything. Of course everyone was up in arms about me daring to bring his speed into question. I was right though. No big plays at all, and he really hasnt looked all that good. Hes slow, 4.70 40 yard dash. Someone is probably going to be really upset that i mentioned a 40 time.

It works in some instances. Like Jeremy Hill. People were getting a mouth full of Hill juice when i suggested his long runs were more of a fluke because he is a slow back and that they were more lucky than anything. Of course everyone was up in arms about me daring to bring his speed into question. I was right though. No big plays at all, and he really hasnt looked all that good. Hes slow, 4.70 40 yard dash. Someone is probably going to be really upset that i mentioned a 40 time.

Straight line speed isn't the end all be all for RB. Hill is a good example. You're talking about 6'1+"/235 lb RB. He doesn't have to have great speed. He's got good acceleration for a guy that size and once he gets going that much bulk is hard to stop. I anticipate Hill will start to pick it up any time. He won't finish high enough to justify where he was drafted, but he'll probably power some teams that held onto him or traded for him to some good games particularly in bad weather.

Straight line speed isn't the end all be all for RB. Hill is a good example. You're talking about 6'1+"/235 lb RB. He doesn't have to have great speed. He's got good acceleration for a guy that size and once he gets going that much bulk is hard to stop. I anticipate Hill will start to pick it up any time. He won't finish high enough to justify where he was drafted, but he'll probably power some teams that held onto him or traded for him to some good games particularly in bad weather.

Straight line speed is usually important when talking about a player who needs long runs to improve his stats. Hill needed the long runs last year to make his stats look awesome in the second half. The point was its unlikely he would have long runs like he did last year, which is proving true so far. Cincy is supposed to have a really good o line. A good rb rarely ever has poor production when he has a good line to run behind and his qb is playing the way Dalton is. Hes a nice power runner but nothing special. If he had good excelleration getting to the hole, he should have no problem breaking through to the 2nd level on a consistent basis.

LIKE I SAID BOOM OR BUST all you suckers

Eat CROW.... was right on Gurley,was right on Dion, was right on DIggs....Haha

the ol' if you take out his big play argument. Tired and stale.

what you fail to accept is you would have to take out all of his big plays to fit your argument. You just can't remove his big plays because it's what he does.

Take Barry Sanders big plays away....he would have been mediocre

He scored me 11 last week. Im not quite sure which category that falls in, boom or bust. Maybe if you stopped verbally (or textually) jerking yourself off, someone might give half a shlt about what you say, because its obvious you care more than the average poster.

Ben sucked this week. Get over yourself. Let us see how he looks once Ben gets back to normal. You aren't nearly as smart as you think you are - just loud.

And by the way, I have Gurley and Diggs on my team and felt basically the same way about you before you ever made your posts on them. I also grabbed Lewis off of waivers earlt this year because I felt the same but traded him when Ben went down to get palmer, which worked put just fine for me.

The difference between you and I is I just play the game and post my opinions without having to stroke my own ego by braggING about myself. You want to be taken more seriously, stop acting like you are god's gift to fantasy football - you aren't and Internet boasting is pretty pathetic.

If he watched the game he would have seen how close he was to a great game. Couple bad passes and a great defensive play tipping balls etc

This dude is pissed he didn't pick him up.

If he watched the game he would have seen how close he was to a great game. Couple bad passes and a great defensive play tipping balls etc

This dude is pissed he didn't pick him up.

You are the king of verbally jerking yourself off. You and bobby are the same.

Congrats . Now what did you miss on ?

You are the king of verbally jerking yourself off. You and bobby are the same.

ah show me 3 examples if I do it so often this should be easy

ah show me 3 examples if I do it so often this should be easy

You were much worse last year. Maybe after you realized you werent anything special at ffball like the rest of us you backed off a bit? Im sure we will see you bragging about a right call sooner than later. Its what you do

You were much worse last year. Maybe after you realized you werent anything special at ffball like the rest of us you backed off a bit? Im sure we will see you bragging about a right call sooner than later. Its what you do

I have no idea what you are talking about but flattered you remember anything I have posted in the past. But I guess I was right a lot and that's annoying for you?

Tough division game, Ben getting himself back to form. I like to compare my guy to the offense as a whole. If the offense went off but my guy had a bad game I'll feel bad. If the whole offense sputtered then it's just how it goes sometimes. You live and die by the game flow when you rely on a teams second option. Sometimes Ben will only throw 1 td (he did this in most games last year). You want to bet that it's going to Brown?

I'm not gonna say Bryant is a matchup based boom or bust. I'm saying don't judge him as a player on the whole in games like this where the steelers don't score much.

It cracks me up. I say he's boom or bust and people are down my throat and when he busts like I said he would and prove I'm right that he's a boom or bust WR and back myself up you then give me anyway lol. What a joke. Don't be mad I'm right just know I know my football lol. Like I said he's a boom or bust. Next week he'll go off and then he'll do what he did this week. That's who he is....hate it or love it I'm right.

You're kidding right? You point to a game where Heath Miller has more yards than Brown and Bryant combined? Hell Bryant had more yards than Brown. You ever heard of a sample size man? Don't be that guy, look at one dropped pass and ignore the hundred that were caught.

It cracks me up. I say he's boom or bust and people are down my throat and when he busts like I said he would and prove I'm right that he's a boom or bust WR and back myself up you then give me ###### anyway lol. What a joke. Don't be mad I'm right just know I know my football lol. Like I said he's a boom or bust. Next week he'll go off and then he'll do what he did this week. That's who he is....hate it or love it I'm right.

So which side does the 11 he got me last week fall on, boom or bust? Thats what i thought.

Aaron Rodgers. Boom or bust. Did you see his stat line?

It's funny we are discussing most peoples #3 wr

Bobby is acting like we took him over Julio and Odell

Ben sucked this week. Get over yourself. Let us see how he looks once Ben gets back to normal. You aren't nearly as smart as you think you are - just loud.

And by the way, I have Gurley and Diggs on my team and felt basically the same way about you before you ever made your posts on them. I also grabbed Lewis off of waivers earlt this year because I felt the same but traded him when Ben went down to get palmer, which worked put just fine for me.

The difference between you and I is I just play the game and post my opinions without having to stroke my own ego by braggING about myself. You want to be taken more seriously, stop acting like you are god's gift to fantasy football - you aren't and Internet boasting is pretty pathetic.

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! :headbanger:

It cracks me up. I say he's boom or bust and people are down my throat and when he busts like I said he would and prove I'm right that he's a boom or bust WR and back myself up you then give me ###### anyway lol. What a joke. Don't be mad I'm right just know I know my football lol. Like I said he's a boom or bust. Next week he'll go off and then he'll do what he did this week. That's who he is....hate it or love it I'm right.

If you pick and choose WR great games and their bad games, then by the laws of identity they are all Boom or Bust. You came off like a bitter Antonio Brown fan who couldn't deal with Vick and Landry jones sucking out his value. Amateur hour...

If you pick and choose WR great games and their bad games, then by the laws of identity they are all Boom or Bust.

Anything over 15 points is boom. Anything equal to or under 15 points is bust.

Easy :D

so a receiver must get 15 non ppr pts per game or he is a bust.

Thank you for clarifying. Bobby apparently doesnt even know his own scale of boom or bust.

Lol got u all mad cause I'm right. Haha and yes I like stroking my own ego as much as u like eating crow.

One game doesn't make your right, but strutting around like a peac0ck thinking your sh!t doesn't stink does make you a d!ck. :banana:

Bryant has out produced more than he's underproduced, the type of wr2-3 who has had more than his share of higher performance games.

Again Bobby is worried about my WR3 not scoring in 3 straight games? Oh the horror

Lol got u all mad cause I'm right. Haha and yes I like stroking my own ego as much as u like eating crow.

No, we aren't mad - we are laughing at someone who clearly has no recognition of how idiotic they sound. And yes, you clearly do enjoy stroking your ego which is generally not a very redeeming quality - it is particularly pathetic when you feel the need to do it to a bunch of nameless, faceless strangers - might want to think of consulting a shrink.

And no, we are not eating crow - you just clearly don't understand the concept of boom or bust or sample size. It is fine - if you enjoy being the board half-wit, that is your perogative.

What was that again? We haven't heard from you in this thread since that 1 bad game (Ben's first game back). Maybe that is because he has at least 1 td in every other game so far that he has played in this year. I do believe some crow eating should be going on here.

DEFINITELY boom or bust. in the 5 games back, in standard scoring he has scored

and averaged 14.8 FFPPG over that span. over 16 games that equates to 236.8 points which would have placed him 2nd among all WR's last year. BUT there was one BUST during this 5 game stretch. that equates to slightly over 3 bad games per year. defiinately boom or bust

and averaged 14.8 FFPPG over that span. over 16 games that equates to 236.8 points which would have placed him 2nd among all WR's last year. BUT there was one BUST during this 5 game stretch. that equates to slightly over 3 bad games per year. defiinately boom or bust

Completely unfair to judge because of the QB situation. Dude is the WR2 on his own team and went 6/178/1. I would use Bryant in a flex spot all day long every week because he's going to win you weeks just on his own.

2.4 6.7 8.2

13 9.3 7.8

10.7 15.2 3.6

28.6 20.2 17.8

27.9 13.7 5.3

Antonio Brown, Julio, AJ Green last 5. One bad game out of 5 does not make you a boom or bust. It makes you a stud.