Sign in to follow this  
bfros

L.Miller trade value---what to do?

I'm the guy who has now lost Charles and Foster. But I have Miller, who is clearly my best RB right now. This might be the highest his value gets....what to do with him? Do I hold? If not, what other potentially elite RBs should I target in a trade?

Very little chance I'd get guys like Bell, Forte, Freeman, Gurly, Peterson

But I do think I'd have a shot at guys like Lynch, Ivory, Ingram, L.Murray, D.Murray, Lacy, Martin, McCoy, Gore, Yeldon, Hill

To answer the question, fill in the following statement: "If I traded Miller, I would only do it if I could get any of the following RBs: _____________"

btw, Lynch and Ivory might be the only two I'd consider....but even then, I'm not sure.

Lamar Miller is the 2nd half of the season version of Devonta Freeman's 1st half of the season.

I'm the guy who has now lost Charles and Foster. But I have Miller, who is clearly my best RB right now. This might be the highest his value gets....what to do with him? Do I hold? If not, what other potentially elite RBs should I target in a trade?

But I do think I'd have a shot at guys like Lynch, Ivory, Ingram, L.Murray, D.Murray, Lacy, Martin, McCoy, Gore, Yeldon, Hill

To answer the question, fill in the following statement: "If I traded Miller, I would only do it if I could get any of the following RBs: _____________"

Don't see any reason why you would want to move Miller .

Why fix what aint broke? Just play him. People get so obsessed with selling high when they should just be playing high.

• Like 2

Because he played two very soft Defenses. If you could get lynch wouldn't you?

Ride him and hope for the best

I've been offered Lynch and Rawls for him, that's why I'm torn. Guaranteed sea RB down the stretch vs Miller. Tough call.

Between Lynchs age, the teams Oline and general dissaray, thats not the slam dunk your thinking it is. Dolphins are a brand new team after the firing. Pretend the season started 2 weeks ago, wich is reasonable, and its a much tougher choice than it appears.

Between Lynchs age, the teams Oline and general dissaray, thats not the slam dunk your thinking it is. Dolphins are a brand new team after the firing. Pretend the season started 2 weeks ago, wich is reasonable, and its a much tougher choice than it appears.

This is good advice, and I would rather get by with 1 stud and 1 ww scrub than end up with 2 JAG players in his place. Miller likely won you your matchup yesterday, or got you close to doing so, all by himself. High floor, sky-high ceiling...why get rid of that? Alfred Blue, David Cobb (shhh), Charcandrick West...i'd take any of those guys paired with Miller over two RB2's.

No , last week was the best game for Lynch but I still like Miller more going forward .

I'm just worried about Lynch with age and wear and tear, plus I question if he still has the fire in the belly. Maybe I'm selling him short but I feel like Miller has greater upside going forward

I've been offered Lynch and Rawls for him, that's why I'm torn. Guaranteed sea RB down the stretch vs Miller. Tough call.

I would take Lynch and Rawls without thinking twice. Lynch has a softer schedule coming up and if he gets hurt, Rawls has shown he can carry the load. I don't think the Dolphins will ride high forever especially if (probably when) New England destroys them. Like you said they've had an easy schedule the last 2 weeks and have that extra motivation from the firing of their head coach, it will wear off.

Can you add more ________ to the statement? I love fill in the blank games.

From the list that you posted I like Ingram the most going forward .

Boy do I have a website for you:

Mad Libs!

They even have an app!!!

None of the running backs listed that are guys you'd have a shot at are worth trading Miller for. What are you gaining??

Miller put up all those stats against the Texans in ONE half. Think about that. He's now the focal point of that offense and he's producing at the level that every Lamar Miller owner has fantasized about for the past few seasons.

The upside for Miller is equal to or greater than any of the aforementioned backs. If you're going to sell him now, you better absolutely sodomize the other owner and get a phenomenal return.

If you're just trading him for the sake of trading him...well, g'luck with that

You only sell high on guys that are putting up fluke numbers or that suck but are playing well due to other circumstances. You trade the guys who are in situations you just cant see contnuing or have alot of downside. You trade guys like Blount after he has 3tds, or David johnson weeks ago, guys like that.

Miller is a young, proven, featured, effective runner. This coaching change has clearly reversed the bad trends of the start of the year for the dolphins. Theres zero reason to trade him for a dif RB, its all upside.

You only sell high on guys that are putting up fluke numbers or that suck but are playing well due to other circumstances. You trade the guys who are in situations you just cant see contnuing or have alot of downside. You trade guys like Blount after he has 3tds, or David johnson weeks ago, guys like that.

Miller is a young, proven, featured, effective runner. This coaching change has clearly reversed the bad trends of the start of the year for the dolphins. Theres zero reason to trade him for a dif RB, its all upside.

Well put. I traded for him for these very reasons, and got rid of Blount for the same. I attempted to acquire him before this past weeks explosion in every league. 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

Why fix what aint broke? Just play him. People get so obsessed with selling high when they should just be playing high.

True.

I believe in selling high when you dont seriously believe in the player.

or

if you believe the player has performed so far above his true skill level that you can get a far better player in return via trade.

so if you believe Devonta Freeman isnt really a 1500 yard back, you feel hes really a 750 yard back who has outperformed his value due to good matchups (or whatever other reason you can think of) Then you trade him to someone for a 1300 yard back and let them assume all the risk of holding him.

on some level this strategy can make sense.

That being said, in the freeman case, he had a soft schedule up to now, and it would appear his schedule for the rest of the year is just as easy.

hes someone (in a keeper league) who you trade away in the off season, but not necessarily today.

Yes sell high, like when I convinced my brother to sell Davonta after his first big game for Peyton following his 3td game after he lost Romo. Oops. Play high, sell low. Selling low gets scabs off your team for guys who still hold out hope. No one buys high anyway, name a single player youv ever seen get sold high successfully to a non taco. Never happens.

Yes sell high, like when I convinced my brother to sell Davonta after his first big game for Peyton following his 3td game after he lost Romo. Oops. Play high, sell low. Selling low gets scabs off your team for guys who still hold out hope. No one buys high anyway, name a single player youv ever seen get sold high successfully to a non taco. Never happens.

I've got a guy in my league who often buys high. Gave up a kings ransom for Gurley just the other day.

He does pretty well too. Has won the championship a couple times in recent years (it's a very competitive league). Not sure how he does it but it works

So here we go.....MIA faces a good defense, and Miller can't get going. Easy GL TD helps, but darn...I think the Miller for Lynch/Rawls offer ain't any good any more.

My gut told me go Lynch...better QB, more scoring opps, Rawls handcuff. Oh well.

So here we go.....MIA faces a good defense, and Miller can't get going. Easy GL TD helps, but darn...I think the Miller for Lynch/Rawls offer ain't any good any more.

My gut told me go Lynch...better QB, more scoring opps, Rawls handcuff. Oh well.

I'm not going to bother checking the stats but I don't think the Pats are a particularly good run defense. Just a flat game for Miami all around, probably started believing their own hype

Miller had 14.40 points in full PPR leagues and only had 34 yards from scrimmage. Considering how bad the Dolphins as a whole looked, that is a pretty damn good night.

I agree. given his poor start, even if he plays well the next game or two, you wont get full value for him. hes better off on your roster unless someone makes you an offer you cant refuse.

It was the Pats. The game got away from them, so they couldn't stay committed to the run. They should be able to against most teams except maybe the Jets.