Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

Chris Ivory Week 8 - Quad Injury

Did not practice today quad. I feel this runs right up to Gametime. Coach Bowles also plays games, Ivory active week 3 and never played.

I wonder who gets carries if he sits.

We have Bilal who's been around all season, but is dinged up himself.

Zac Stacy who's kind of underwhelming

Stevan Ridley who's been practicing and might get activated for this game.

Watch for practice Friday. If not, make other plans. I already have him out of all my lineups.

I wonder who gets carries if he sits.

We have Bilal who's been around all season, but is dinged up himself.

Zac Stacy who's kind of underwhelming

Stevan Ridley who's been practicing and might get activated for this game.

Whoever it is he's worth starting/adding.

Who's the handcuff - Powell, Stacy or Ridley?

Why I didn't draft Ivory.

He was about a 6 or 7 round ADP, is the number 5 RB even after missing 2 games.

Unless you absolutely nailed your first 5 or 6 picks and they're all top 5 at their respective position this statement is silly.

I offered someone Moncrief and Diggs for Ivory last week. He lol'd at me and declined.

This morning he dropped Ivory for Lafell....

Hes mine now.

I offered someone Moncrief and Diggs for Ivory last week. He lol'd at me and declined.

This morning he dropped Ivory for Lafell....

Hes mine now.

Please send me a league invite after you guys add a waiver period.

• Like 2

:first: +1

He was about a 6 or 7 round ADP, is the number 5 RB even after missing 2 games.

Unless you absolutely nailed your first 5 or 6 picks and they're all top 5 at their respective position this statement is silly.

Your's is a safe statement to make right now. Right now. Ivory runs hard and violently, but that comes with a price. He's giving owners an ass pain this week, has missed time already riding a bike on the sideline, and once more is no sure thing to be consistent ROS.

I'm sorry you think my statement doesn't hold merit, apologies. But injury uncertainty week-to-week, much less the threat of leaving a game due to lingering injury, doesn't give me the warm fuzzys. Those type of players, and for all his talent Ivory IS one, I avoid at all hazards. But you pays your money you takes your choice.

Your's is a safe statement to make right now. Right now. Ivory runs hard and violently, but that comes with a price. He's giving owners an ass pain this week, has missed time already riding a bike on the sideline, and once more is no sure thing to be consistent ROS.

I'm sorry you think my statement doesn't hold merit, apologies. But injury uncertainty week-to-week, much less the threat of leaving a game due to lingering injury, doesn't give me the warm fuzzys. Those type of players, and for all his talent Ivory IS one, I avoid at all hazards. But you pays your money you takes your choice.

I understand your point and have always drafted with that strategy in mind. Week to week consistency is the #1 key to fantasy and any game missed comes at a substantial cost to the owner. I acknowledge he may depreciate in value over the season, but his draft ROI has thus far outweighed the 'what-if' scenario's attached to many injury prone players. Avoiding players with a history of injuries (or inconsistency) at the top half of the draft is critical, but for his ADP, the returns Ivory has given this season allow him a much longer leash then a majority of the healthy RB drafted before him dozens of spots ahead of him.

I believe I landed him at the tail end of Rd. 6 or 7 PPR along with Woodhead (who I flipped for Landry a few weeks back). When you draft, what's the realistic best case you envision for a 7th rd. RB? 12pts a week? 15? We're talking about the 25th or so RB drafted being top 5 in scoring. I just don't know how fair it is to readily dismiss a players success to date on injury assumptions from two months ago (that are still TBD) – under the guise of 'I told you so.'

I grabbed Ivory in the 6th round in two drafts, but he has moved up my depth chart thanks to crap FF luck (Foster in one, Charles the other). He is much nicer as a luxury than a necessity, but for the time being he is getting the job done.

Per CBSsports...Ivory practiced fully Wednesday...[/quote

Rotoworld said full practice for Ivory 2. Sounds encouraging

I understand your point and have always drafted with that strategy in mind. Week to week consistency is the #1 key to fantasy and any game missed comes at a substantial cost to the owner. I acknowledge he may depreciate in value over the season, but his draft ROI has thus far outweighed the 'what-if' scenario's attached to many injury prone players. Avoiding players with a history of injuries (or inconsistency) at the top half of the draft is critical, but for his ADP, the returns Ivory has given this season allow him a much longer leash then a majority of the healthy RB drafted before him dozens of spots ahead of him.

I believe I landed him at the tail end of Rd. 6 or 7 PPR along with Woodhead (who I flipped for Landry a few weeks back). When you draft, what's the realistic best case you envision for a 7th rd. RB? 12pts a week? 15? We're talking about the 25th or so RB drafted being top 5 in scoring. I just don't know how fair it is to readily dismiss a players success to date on injury assumptions from two months ago (that are still TBD) under the guise of 'I told you so.'

Apologies should have made clear I run in an auction league. Haven't done snake in years and am actually fascinated by the different level of strategy going into it.

To be honest, I almost drafted Ivory with my last roster spot, as I had plenty of money to land him. Instead I threw out Charles Johnson of MN. Big mistake lol...

• Like 1

Haha yeah I know right. Somethings strange this year with these guys. Usually they're on top of their . But this year people are making the dumbest moves. Dropping players after a bad game, not picking up potentials...etc. I am 6-1, but only because I woke up late and didnt sub for an injured player and had a def on bye. A few weeks ago I had to drop M. Evans to scoop and play someone, literally hours later, the guy who denied my Ivory trade, scooped Evans up and tried to package him with Manning for my Hopkins and Palmer... wierdo.

No kidding.

Dropped Ivory? This an office league?

No kidding.

Dropped Ivory? This an office league?

No kidding!!! Haha

Ivory practiced in full again today and insists his hammy is good. For what it's worth