Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

I now realize, there is no way in hell the Patriots can win the Superbowl this Year.

Even with the return of Edelman and Gronk. Along with Collins and Hightower. I just think the deck is stacked against them. Between the league office and the refs with the bad calls against the Pats and the non calls against the Pats opponents they just can not win another Superbowl this year.

This sucks. I am a lifelong Pats homer and fan. I can see them losing on a refs decision in the AFC championship game or even worse another Superbowl loss. Imagine the Pats facing the Panthers in the Superbowl. The Panthers are undefeated and the Pats lose on a bad call and behold the Panthers go 19-0. WOW!!!

I guess most of you here would love to see that happen. It would be justice for most of you I am sure. But if this does happen and I am more confident it does than the Pats having a fair shot at winning themselves, I will just say this was a long time coming. I expect this, I even except this as the Patriots fate because of what I have witnessed this season.

My only hope in writing this is that it has some sort of reverse psychology and this outcome never comes true.

Oh quit crying about the refs. The Pats have one loss and it was to a good team.

I know they have only one loss. And I agree the Broncos are a great team without Manning of course. But the fact remains, Gronk has been targeted and called for numerous bullshot pass interference calls. And I can just see where this is all heading. I hope if the Pats lose its to a good team who beat them fairly. But I have a feeling that with the way the refs have been calling games this year (and not just Pats games / ALL NFL GAMES) they very well will lose on a bad call during the playoffs.

Oh quit crying about the refs. The Pats have one loss and it was to a good team.

and you are trying to make my thread out to be me complaining about the Pats losing on a bad call and this is not true. The point of the thread was me expressing my opinion that I dont think the Pats will win the Superbowl again. Even if it comes down to them being beaten on a bad call. I think thr league will do anything to not have the Pats win again. That is my point. I never said the Broncos didnt deserve to win the game. I can see the irony too if the Pats end up facing the 18-0 Panthers in the Superbowl and losing. This would be exactly the perfect scenario for everyone outside New England. And again if the Pats do lose, and I think they would, I hope to God its fair and square and not at the hands of the refs.

For every offensive PA that gets called on Gronk, there are 5 or 6 that he got away with. Dude just tanks his way around the field. Bout time he gets called for it.

• Like 1

For every offensive PA that gets called on Gronk, there are 5 or 6 that he got away with. Dude just tanks his way around the field. Bout time he gets called for it.

I agree he has gotten away with a lot of push-offs in the past. But they have started calling those on him and other offensive guys in the league I am sure. But the calls that they are calling now on him are just absurd. All he did the other night was put up his right arm to brace for the defensive players hit before the 5 yards. Didnt even extend his arm and he gets flagged. There have been a few like that this year. Maybe this is the leagues way to give the league parody. Even up the playing field. The Pats cheated and the NFL cheats back. Should be an interesting playoffs. I am not holding my breath that the Pats come out victorious though. I can see the writing on the wall.

I think they still have a good chance to win out and go all the way although the SB might be tough against Carolina.

That being said, as a lifelong Steelers fan I must say this to jinx the Pats. :wave:

:banana:

• Like 1

I think they still have a good chance to win out and go all the way although the SB might be tough against Carolina.

That being said, as a lifelong Steelers fan I must say this to jinx the Pats. :wave:

:banana:

lol. fair enough. one of my fantasy football rivals has Brown and Rapeburger along with Fitzgerald and Julio Jones and I have Brady and Gronk and Lewis. We are both tied for 2nd place with a 8-4 record, but I scored 3 more points so I have the tiebreaker and if I hold on next week I get the 2nd bye.

• Like 1

NE has had their fair share of calls go there way. It's a must to go 9-0 like they did. This type of post just sounds like cry baby bull$hit to me. Bad calls happen to every team.

• Like 1

NE has had their fair share of calls go there way. It's a must to go 9-0 like they did. This type of post just sounds like cry baby bull$hit to me. Bad calls happen to every team.

nope thats not what this thread is about...in case you missed my post..I will post it again......I know they have only one loss. And I agree the Broncos are a great team without Manning of course. But the fact remains, Gronk has been targeted and called for numerous bullshot pass interference calls. And I can just see where this is all heading. I hope if the Pats lose its to a good team who beat them fairly. But I have a feeling that with the way the refs have been calling games this year (and not just Pats games / ALL NFL GAMES) they very well will lose on a bad call during the playoffs.

and again

I know they have only one loss. And I agree the Broncos are a great team without Manning of course. But the fact remains, Gronk has been targeted and called for numerous bullshot pass interference calls. And I can just see where this is all heading. I hope if the Pats lose its to a good team who beat them fairly. But I have a feeling that with the way the refs have been calling games this year (and not just Pats games / ALL NFL GAMES) they very well will lose on a bad call during the playoffs.

nope thats not what this thread is about...in case you missed my post..I will post it again......I know they have only one loss. And I agree the Broncos are a great team without Manning of course. But the fact remains, Gronk has been targeted and called for numerous bullshot pass interference calls. And I can just see where this is all heading. I hope if the Pats lose its to a good team who beat them fairly. But I have a feeling that with the way the refs have been calling games this year (and not just Pats games / ALL NFL GAMES) they very well will lose on a bad call during the playoffs.

and again

Your b!tching about the refs screwing the Pats. Because if the refs are screwing all teams equally with their bad calls, it would be possible that the Pats might actually be on the right end of some of those calls. And they may even win a game because of it.

But you're convinced they won't win. Because of the refs. Screwing the Pats out of a win just like they did in Denver.

:rolleyes:

You have the best team of this past generation. Stop being a whining sore sport. And yes, you say this thread is just about essentially your prediction of them not winning, but the underlying theme isn't that they won't win because they aren't the best team but that they won't win because of the refs and that the league is out to get them. Stop it, just stop. You are an embarrassment to your fanbase.

Your b!tching about the refs screwing the Pats. Because if the refs are screwing all teams equally with their bad calls, it would be possible that the Pats might actually be on the right end of some of those calls. And they may even win a game because of it.

But you're convinced they won't win. Because of the refs. Screwing the Pats out of a win just like they did in Denver.

:rolleyes:

Probably will happen that way. <_< hopefully the Pats can figure out a new way to win even if it takes a new way to cheat :D

You have the best team of this past generation. Stop being a whining sore sport. And yes, you say this thread is just about essentially your prediction of them not winning, but the underlying theme isn't that they won't win because they aren't the best team but that they won't win because of the refs and that the league is out to get them. Stop it, just stop. You are an embarrassment to your fanbase.

seems you have trouble reading what I already said

Thank you.

Signed,

a Pats fan

seems you have trouble reading what I already said

Nothing in your response shows that I misread what you said. I understand you aren't just whining about one game but about future games and this perceived notion you have that the league is going to do anything they can to stop the Pat from winning the Superbowl. If you honestly believe that it is just about all NFL games being officiated poorly and not just a conspiracy against your Pats, why even mention the non-calls against the other teams. All teams deal with the bad calls. Stop with the whining. Seriously, you are just a blatant homer. Why do you feel they will lose on a bad call this year as opposed to other years?

Its pretty clear that the Pats fan base has lost its collective mind.

I own Brady this year, and he's carrying my team, and I almost hope he gets a career ending injury Sunday at this point just to see the fan reaction and the demise of the franchise. And I have nothing against the Pats. Well, now I do because good grief already.

You've brought this on yourselves.

So if I brag about the Pats winning you all get all pissy

If I complain about a bad call on Gronk of course you all get pissy

Even when I acknowledge the Pats cheating still get pissy

If I say the Pats will probably lose to the Panthers on a bad call as payback from the league of course you still get pissy.

I express if they lose I hope its fair an square rather at the hands of the refs and you still all get pissy.

You all will take my threads the way you want regardless of what I explain. I am not whining about anything, should I just make a thread about flowers and butterflies? Or a Jesus loves the little children thread? I am a Pats homer so if that bothers you all then dont read my thread. Can you not help yourself? Or start your own topic and you can write whatever you want. I made a thread saying that even if the Pats get back most of their weapons I think somehow they will still lose. Even coming down to a bad call. And you guys see that as complaining? :blink:

Ok The Pats are the best, they are gonna win the Superbowl again yaaaay :pointstosky: They probably wont lose another game. Brady is the best QB and still in his prime. The Pats just can not be beat in the Superbowl.

Is that better? :dunno:

Even with the return of Edelman and Gronk. Along with Collins and Hightower. I just think the deck is stacked against them. Between the league office and the refs with the bad calls against the Pats and the non calls against the Pats opponents they just can not win another Superbowl this year.

This sucks. I am a lifelong Pats homer and fan. I can see them losing on a refs decision in the AFC championship game or even worse another Superbowl loss. Imagine the Pats facing the Panthers in the Superbowl. The Panthers are undefeated and the Pats lose on a bad call and behold the Panthers go 19-0. WOW!!!

I guess most of you here would love to see that happen. It would be justice for most of you I am sure. But if this does happen and I am more confident it does than the Pats having a fair shot at winning themselves, I will just say this was a long time coming. I expect this, I even except this as the Patriots fate because of what I have witnessed this season.

My only hope in writing this is that it has some sort of reverse psychology and this outcome never comes true.

It's gonna be tough, that's for sure. But Gronk won't be gone long. I think he just tore his nerve cells out of his knee, shrugged, and moved along with his life after that game. I admit though, that was tough to watch. I'm a Gronk fan if not a Pats fan.

I will say this: every fan thinks that the calls go against their team more often than not. No one, no one, claims that the calls generally go in favor of their team. That alone should tell you something--that everyone thinks their team gets flagged the most, but somehow you are the only one who is correct? Come on, man :)

Unless you have evidence--and I mean a huge collection of statistics along with video of the plays to back it up, anyone claiming the refs are flagging their team more than other teams is just making noise. It's pure bias. We all do it, I'm not trashing you. But that's all it is. Same sort of thinking goes into politics--the 'other guys' are always more corrupt, make more bad decisions, etc. Just personal bias.

So if I brag about the Pats winning you all get all pissy

If I complain about a bad call on Gronk of course you all get pissy

Even when I acknowledge the Pats cheating still get pissy

If I say the Pats will probably lose to the Panthers on a bad call as payback from the league of course you still get pissy.

I express if they lose I hope its fair an square rather at the hands of the refs and you still all get pissy.

You all will take my threads the way you want regardless of what I explain. I am not whining about anything, should I just make a thread about flowers and butterflies? Or a Jesus loves the little children thread? I am a Pats homer so if that bothers you all then dont read my thread. Can you not help yourself? Or start your own topic and you can write whatever you want. I made a thread saying that even if the Pats get back most of their weapons I think somehow they will still lose. Even coming down to a bad call. And you guys see that as complaining? :blink:

Ok The Pats are the best, they are gonna win the Superbowl again yaaaay :pointstosky: They probably wont lose another game. Brady is the best QB and still in his prime. The Pats just can not be beat in the Superbowl.

Is that better? :dunno:

The real question is what are you getting out of a thread like this? A need for affirmation or dissention? I'd argue you are looking for both.

It's gonna be tough, that's for sure. But Gronk won't be gone long. I think he just tore his nerve cells out of his knee, shrugged, and moved along with his life after that game. I admit though, that was tough to watch. I'm a Gronk fan if not a Pats fan.

I will say this: every fan thinks that the calls go against their team more often than not. No one, no one, claims that the calls generally go in favor of their team. That alone should tell you something--that everyone thinks their team gets flagged the most, but somehow you are the only one who is correct? Come on, man :)

Unless you have evidence--and I mean a huge collection of statistics along with video of the plays to back it up, anyone claiming the refs are flagging their team more than other teams is just making noise. It's pure bias. We all do it, I'm not trashing you. But that's all it is. Same sort of thinking goes into politics--the 'other guys' are always more corrupt, make more bad decisions, etc. Just personal bias.

OMG this is really being taken the wrong way...I am not saying there are always bad calls agiants the Pats. How could that be the case if they just lost their first game. I was pointing out the call against Gronk in the Denver game. I think that was a bad call...everyone has their opinion right? They have called Gronk on that a few other times this year as well.

I was hypothetically saying I can see the pats losing in the Superbowl on a bad call. I said the deck is stacked against them. The League hates them, everyone other than homers hate them, They got hammered with injuries and just seems everything is going against them. But somehow they do always prevail. But if they do it wouldnt surprise me if they had a bad call determine the outcome of the game...Do I make sense now?

The real question is what are you getting out of a thread like this? A need for affirmation or dissention? I'd argue you are looking for both.

Really wasnt looking to get anything to be honest. But it seems I am a bullseye whenever I make a thread about the Pats lol. So be it.

Not even Brady cries this much about the officiating. :thumbsdown:

How am I crying about the officiating? Because I said that call on Gronk wasnt a pass interference? That they have been calling him on it this year and in years past they havent. So I I should just keep quiet and and agree with it? Not talk about it in a thread?

Oooh at least I am a hated Pats homer as apposed to being associated to a fan base from a losing team right? :dunno: :D

Patriots fans always looking for respect .

OMG this is really being taken the wrong way...I am not saying there are always bad calls agiants the Pats. How could that be the case if they just lost their first game. I was pointing out the call against Gronk in the Denver game. I think that was a bad call...everyone has their opinion right? They have called Gronk on that a few other times this year as well.

I was hypothetically saying I can see the pats losing in the Superbowl on a bad call. I said the deck is stacked against them. The League hates them, everyone other than homers hate them, They got hammered with injuries and just seems everything is going against them. But somehow they do always prevail. But if they do it wouldnt surprise me if they had a bad call determine the outcome of the game...Do I make sense now?

I got what you were saying on the other points--I don't think I'm taking you the wrong way, and I'm not one calling you a crier or anything.

But here's what you said: "Between the league office and the refs with the bad calls against the Pats and the non calls against the Pats opponents..."

You referenced general 'bad calls against them' and 'non calls against their opponents'. You weren't talking in the OP about that one particular call against Gronk. That's all I was pointing out--that the feeling of one's team getting the calls going against them is just that, a feeling. If that's not what you meant, if you were just talking about one call, then okay. :)

Otherwise, I don't know that you're terribly wrong in your eval. I don't see the league being against the Pats--they still are a huge revenue generator, and that's all the NFL as an entity cares about. And the calls thing isn't correct. But the other struggles they are having are real, even though they've got a great record. Injuries are mounting, that's for sure.

I got what you were saying on the other points--I don't think I'm taking you the wrong way, and I'm not one calling you a crier or anything.

But here's what you said: "Between the league office and the refs with the bad calls against the Pats and the non calls against the Pats opponents..."

You referenced general 'bad calls against them' and 'non calls against their opponents'. You weren't talking in the OP about that one particular call against Gronk. That's all I was pointing out--that the feeling of one's team getting the calls going against them is just that, a feeling. If that's not what you meant, if you were just talking about one call, then okay. :)

Otherwise, I don't know that you're terribly wrong in your eval. I don't see the league being against the Pats--they still are a huge revenue generator, and that's all the NFL as an entity cares about. And the calls thing isn't correct. But the other struggles they are having are real, even though they've got a great record. Injuries are mounting, that's for sure.

I just cant keep up responding to everyone who keeps posting in the thread I guess. You are right though I was referencing a few non calls in the Denver game. But my point of the thread wasnt that. Just trying to make a case that the odds are stacked against the Pats and my opinion is that it could even come down to a bad call in a future game. Call it karma, call it wjat you want. But I really dont have anything more to add on this.

Really wasnt looking to get anything to be honest. But it seems I am a bullseye whenever I make a thread about the Pats lol. So be it.

What do any of these threads have to do with fantasy football? Take them to a Pats board - all it comes off to non-Pats fans (and most Pats fans I am sure) is attention seeking - you have acknowledged that you always get ridiculed for your Pats specific threads. You ever think about why? Ever also think about why you keep doing it? Clearly you enjoy it.

• Like 1

What do any of these threads have to do with fantasy football? Take them to a Pats board - all it comes off to non-Pats fans (and most Pats fans I am sure) is attention seeking - you have acknowledged that you always get ridiculed for your Pats specific threads. You ever think about why? Ever also think about why you keep doing it? Clearly you enjoy it.

Of course I enjoy it. I love being hated and despised

I get to suck everyones energy, kinda like a demonic entity

Of course I enjoy it. I love being hated and despised

I get to suck everyones energy, kinda like a demonic entity

Is that what you think you are doing? Seek some help. :lock:

maybe weepee can pray for me :dunno:

I pray for some make up calls against the Patriots that have helped them in the past....some bad calls would be equality!

maybe weepee can pray for me :dunno:

Just post what you would like for me to pray for and I will do so . With respect of course .

Not sure what you expected from creating this thread. Are you just trolling? I actually like the Pats so i am no hater. If everyone is saying that you are crying about a game that hasnt even been played yet, then you should probably realize thats how you sound to others, even with all the caveats you are throwing out there.

Awesome. Another Patsfan cry fest.

Going to get popcorn.........

That was a thrown game but I'm thinking the NFL just wanted to make sure they didn't go 16-0, after DeflateGate. Hopefully they are done fixing outcomes now

That was a thrown game but I'm thinking the NFL just wanted to make sure they didn't go 16-0, after DeflateGate. Hopefully they are done fixing outcomes now

That's awesome!!!! Pure gold.

Thanks man!