Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Geek Masters Draft - 1st Event in the 2016 EdEx cup. *9 paid, 1 more for 10*

Not to mention the $1.3m he basically cashed - sure that was a life changer for he and his family.

2nite the Golf Channel is running a special on the '86 Masters - might want to check out if you have time.... With all due respect to all the great Sunday finishes - that one has to rank tops.. The moment I will always remember was the turn of events starting at #15.. Jack steps to that tee box a full 4 back of Ballesteros.. Jack eagles the par 5... Then with Ballesteros sitting dead center perfect in the fairway on #15 himself - he hears the roars and sees the commotion after Jack knocks his tee shot stiff at #16... Rattled, Seve chub focks his approach into the pond guarding the green - he leaves #15 with his 4 shot lead evaporated, Jack has tied him.

I am so tired of having it shoved down my throat. Enough already. Fock you golf channel for making me not want to watch this.

we should do a auction draft :clap:

Coworker of my father plays with Jim Herman a few times a year at the same club. Really nice guy he says.

Life changing win for sure but he's made some money on tour. Has a 5th place finish in the past.

Yea - but you're team is pretty salty, I have you an early favorite.

My portfolio is strong to quite strong

I am busy this afternoon, so I would like to take Matthew Fitzpatrick for my final pick if cbf doesn't take him. If he does take Fitzpatrick, I will select Danny Lee.

Thanks.

does it really save time to type ABT instead of about? :thumbsdown:

but he took the time to say 'not even sure' where even is superfluous. Could have said 'not sure' and saved 4 characters instead of abbreviating ABT to save 2.

Guy is missing the forest for the trees. But thats the mystique of the Beyonger

I was close to drafting westwood due to past masters performance as a solid cut maker but his current form is just so bad....

I was close to drafting westwood due to past masters performance as a solid cut maker but his current form is just so bad....

Yea me too - damn near did... I almost took Els bcoz of his past history here.

me too.

having regrets

Considering the shape Hun-An chicken is in, I should have drafted Lee WestDown's as well.

also surprised no one drafted Daniel "Cheese" Berger

I was shocked KSBS 6th rounder was NOT webb simpson. I mean he can't putt for shiit but tee to green he's very solid

I was shocked KSBS 6th rounder was NOT webb simpson. I mean he can't putt for shiit but tee to green he's very solid

Webb and Lingmerth were my next two on the list.

Geek Masters Draft Draft Order Results

Pick # Team Name

1 Fumbleitis - Adam Scott, Brooks Koepka, Brandt Snedeker, Chris Kirk, Graeme McDowell, Matthew Fitzpatrick

2 CBF - Rory McIlroy, Sergio Garthia, Matt Kuchar, Ian Poulter, Bryson DeChamblow, Danny Lee

3 Pat - Jason Day, Paul Casey, Branden Grace, Shane Lowry, Jamie Donaldson, B. Hun-An

4 High Ankle Dain - Jordan Spieth, Danny Willett, Zach Johnson, Andy Sullivan, Russell Knocks, Scott Piercy

5 Dank - Bubba Watson, Charl Schwartzel, Marc Leishman, Charley Hoffman, JB Holmes, Kevin Streelman

6 KSB - Ricky Fowler, Hideki Matsuyama, Jimmy Walker, Justin Thomas, Billy Horschel, Smylie Kaufman

7 edjr - Phil Mickelson. Fat Pat Reed, Rafa Cabrera Bello, Kevin Na, Harris English, Anirban Lahiri

8 WW - Henrik Stenson, Louis Oosty, Ryan Moore, Bill Haas, Barn Rat, Emiliano Grillo

9 Ted Cruzer - Dustin Johnson, Justin Rose, Jason Dunfner, Kevin Kisner, Angel Cabrera, Bernd Wiesberger

Posted the results here, I am going to handicap - predict who I think did the best...........

Best value pick: Brandt Snedeker

Worst value pick: Sergio Garcia

Best Team Drafted: Fumble, DankNuggs (tie)

Best value pick: Justin Rose

Worst value pick: Brooks Koepka

Best team(s): Pat, Dank

Iffiest team(s): Ksb, Ankle Dain

The weather is going to play a prominent role this week... Think ball strikers will be what separates the field this time, not short game wizards... Think we will have at least 1 team who misses the cut.

I very well may have the winner and still not win.

Phil is driving the ball better than he ever has and his short game is always on point.

Phil is driving the ball better than he ever has and his short game is always on point.

Depends on which Phil shows up.. I've said many times - Phil is the worst, great putter of all time. Nobody 3 putts from 8 feet more than he.

My team - I have the best 1, 2 punch on the board. But I could very well not have a 3rd make the cut.

I just posted in depth okay not really I depth but analysis in the other thread. Enjoy or move it here if you want but I was on my phone and halfway done when I realized this was probably the better thread to put it in. Seems we all have varying opinions on best and worst teams.

Depends on which Phil shows up.. I've said many times - Phil is the worst, great putter of all time. Nobody 3 putts from 8 feet more than he.

My team - I have the best 1, 2 punch on the board. But I could very well not have a 3rd make the cut.

I have you with the best 1 2 pinch bUT i think it fell in your lapocket with 9 entrants. However DJ has clutch putting issues and reg ones.. and you need to putt regardless of weather. I can see a number of round 2 picks fairing better.

But I still give you the edge

I have you with the best 1 2 pinch bUT i think it fell in your lapocket with 9 entrants. However DJ has clutch putting issues and reg ones.. and you need to putt regardless of weather. I can see a number of round 2 picks fairing better.

But I still give you the edge

I was shocked both fell... I would of taken either before Phil, Stenson or Fowler.. I was shocked ed passed on both Hideki and Schwartzel in favor of Reed.... If Sned's rib isn't 100%, Fumble could be in trouble... I really, really like Dank's top 3 - that is a deep and strong set.

Had I taken rose would you have gone DJ and stenson?

I was shocked ed passed on both Hideki and Schwartzel in favor of Reed....

:nono:

I am loyal to a fault!

I was shocked both fell... I would of taken either before Phil, Stenson or Fowler.. I was shocked ed passed on both Hideki and Schwartzel in favor of Reed.... If Sned's rib isn't 100%, Fumble could be in trouble... I really, really like Dank's top 3 - that is a deep and strong set.

I wanted Matsuyama and settled on Charl a bit, but felt there was a tier after them. Definitely better to be in the 2nd half of the draw given the first round is fairly interchangeable with no huge top end

Anyone wanna wager heads up, team vs team. Maybe a golf shirt from a local course or something?

Anyone wanna wager heads up, team vs team. Maybe a golf shirt from a local course or something?

yer on!

:Mr-T:

my league course

http://www.capeanngolf.com/

if they don't have anything in triple X, I'll buy you something from Amazon

Be cheaper to buy you a dozen Pro V's or something - shirts at my place are high.

Ha, that's funny... I have a posty like confession to make - I've never bought anything off Amazon. :shocking:

holy fock? No way

last 6 months I have bought 48 things.

Your Orders
Search Your Orders:
Search all orders
Submit
Search Orders
Orders Open Orders Digital Orders Cancelled Orders
48 orders placed in
past 6 months

If anyone wants to wager heads up, I'll be attending the PGA at baltusrol this year. If we can agree on a reasonably priced item since thise prices will b3 jacked up, I'll lay that on the line. Logo poker chip marker? Divot tool? Logo ball?

In fact since it's our last event I'd do a side wager with a person per event leading up with the same item on the line

Now that I think about it I really don't want an item from a course or club I'll never play. I only collect logo chips or balls from places in play or events I attend so maybe you can wager the cost of the item you want.

Yea - I'm an eBay guy... Not a huge one, but I've over 125 purchases. I also shop around on Craigslist and local sites... I've been meaning to try Amazon - maybe I will soon.

Okay so my official offer is a commemorative PGA championship item versus the cost of that item within reason.

I might even be willing to do a pin flag and if you beat me and win the flag I will attempt to get it autographed for you during the practice round I attend. No promises.

Offer good for another few hours then closed for this event :D

Be cheaper to buy you a dozen Pro V's or something - shirts at my place are high.

Sounds good to me, does this mean we are on?

Okay so my official offer is a commemorative PGA championship item versus the cost of that item within reason.

I might even be willing to do a pin flag and if you beat me and win the flag I will attempt to get it autographed for you during the practice round I attend. No promises.

Offer good for another few hours then closed for this event :D

Sounds good: :thumbsup:

XX focker... :mad: you are on my friend.

:D