Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Geek Masters Draft - 1st Event in the 2016 EdEx cup. *9 paid, 1 more for 10*

:doh:

It's not supposed to be too warm, neither should keel over from hypertension :thumbsup:

Calling for unseasonably cool and windy. Not sure who that favors.

I really like Fumbles two picks at the turn. :thumbsup:

same. also really like your starting 3. :thumbsup:

Calling for unseasonably cool and windy. Not sure who that favors.

euros, good short games/putting (although that is an always at augusta), likely puts rookies/first timers more behind the 8 ball, and possibly hurts high ball/shot shapers like a Bubba but being a 2 time champ i wouldn't be worried.

Tried to send ed a message with my rankings...his mailbox is full. I will try to check this later, but no guarantees.

Tried to send ed a message with my rankings...his mailbox is full. I will try to check this later, but no guarantees.

my box is always full. :ninja:

try again (__o__)

text me you twit

sent ed a list. going to be on the road. if my 2 man list is exhausted, i'll check in periodically

scary....

Okay just picked. I too am out until the morning. Leaving work for my son's baseball practice then my Heels play for the National Championship!@#!

Don't pick all the good one's while I'm gone.

Okay just picked. I too am out until the morning. Leaving work for my son's baseball practice then my Heels play for the National Championship!@#!

Don't pick all the good one's while I'm gone.

I am just hoping Ian Woosnam falls to me...

If he has the right number of clubs in his bag, he's money...

I'm also out for the day. No worries, made good progress today. We'll finish tomorrow :thumbsup:

Then I guess by default I'm out for the day as well. I think the 3rd and 4th round are important in this game. Not that I have anything to compare our unique format to but I think we all expect at least 1 of our first 2 picks to make the cut. With rounds 5 and 6 bing more long shots, rounds 3 and 4 feel like where you need to secure your cut makers with our expanded draft.

Wowzers. That's 3 rounds in a row that I've had a decision between 2 different guys and the guy that I didn't pick was taken right after me (Lowry after Sullivan most recently).

• Like 1

Was hoping Lowry would fall two more spots. I've kept him in my top ten. I think he's going to surprise.

Gotta be gone from the computer for a bit. Can I leave a list with someone? I know who I want at the turn assuming cbf doesn't take one of them.

Was hoping Lowry would fall two more spots. I've kept him in my top ten. I think he's going to surprise.

If he does anything at all it, it will be a surprise.. His 2016 campaign has pretty much sucked.. If I had to bet, he misses the cut.

Nice poultry pick. Has a recent good finish even in a weak field and has good masters pedigree... despite his game not really being all that suited for it.

He was tops on my list for rd. 5

Please delete your useless comments from the draft thread. :mad:

Nice poultry pick. Has a recent good finish even in a weak field and has good masters pedigree... despite his game not really being all that suited for it.

He was tops on my list for rd. 5

Obviously Poutier is trending downward career wise, but something about this course works for him.

He has played in the last nine Masters, with finishes of 6, 20, Cut, 7, 27,10, 20, 25, 13. I would happily take 8 of those 9 results out of the 35 hole.

should we allow trades?

should we allow trades?

Now, no. But I think it would be cool, for future events, if we knew the draft order a few days in advance and allowed for pick or entire draft slot trading.

Now, no. But I think it would be cool, for future events, if we knew the draft order a few days in advance and allowed for pick or entire draft slot trading.

yeah. you shouldn't be forced to draft #1 if you can move down

Dank Nuggs is a focking arsehole. I had JB Holmes all queued up. Give me a minute to regroup now. :mad:

I didn't see the pick but I had him as my next pick as well. Darn

I also had to cross off two players I was thinking of drafting because I realized they are not in the field (no... not tiger)

Dank Nuggs is a focking arsehole. I had JB Holmes all queued up. Give me a minute to regroup now. :mad:

Trade down :overhead:

Holmes is injured anyway. Thank him

yeah. you shouldn't be forced to draft #1 if you can move down

Like let's say for he us open I'm drafting 9th and you're 5th and I really want to draft my favorite golfer and cheer him on for that elusive career slam but I know i won't grab him 9th. Maybe you prefer the 9-10 swing for 2 stars. Maybe we swap slots.

Or it would be interesting to see if anyone would trade their 1st and 6th rounders for a 2nd and 3rd.

Holmes hasn't much of a record even playing in this event, just twice since '03.. He has 1 missed cut (last year) and a T25 in '08.. I'm glad to see him go to somebody.

Like let's say for he us open I'm drafting 9th and you're 5th and I really want to draft my favorite golfer and cheer him on for that elusive career slam but I know i won't grab him 9th. Maybe you prefer the 9-10 swing for 2 stars. Maybe we swap slots.

Or it would be interesting to see if anyone would trade their 1st and 6th rounders for a 2nd and 3rd.

:thumbsup:

Yup. And he shot 80 like 2 tourneys ago. Something's not right with the guy. Pass.

That would be pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Holmes hasn't much of a record even playing in this event, just twice since '03.. He has 1 missed cut (last year) and a T25 in '08.. I'm glad to see him go to somebody.

At this point though, he's a bomber with better than average putting and GIR. Scrambling is sub par but if he's on he could finish top 10 no problem

Ya just noticed it... Sounds like he is playing though. Hopefully the shoulder tweak distracts him from the fact he's sucked recently

At this point though, he's a bomber with better than average putting and GIR. Scrambling is sub par but if he's on he could finish top 10 no problem

He has the length to compete anywhere... But he's a square peg trying to go into a round hole at Augusta - bad fit.

i'd have traded 1 and 2 for 1 and 6 if it landed me day

i'd have traded 1 and 2 for 1 and 6 if it landed me day

You would have trimmed several hundred pounds off your team doing that

Damn u ksb

Damn u ksb

:)

Billy's made all but one cut this year and has two top 10's. Looking for him to keep it up. :banana:

Damn u ksb

Horschel is another you'll prolly be glad you didn't get.

Horschel is another you'll prolly be glad you didn't get.

I don't expect the guy to win but I'm a fan. I'd take him in the 5th or 6th