Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Geek Masters Draft - 1st Event in the 2016 EdEx cup. *9 paid, 1 more for 10*

couple things since i last chimed in

1. we could just end it at 10 participants max. not saying we should, as more $ makes it more interesting but if team depth is an issue just cap it at 10.

2. needing only 2 of your 6 golfers to make the freaking cut is lame and then we would have to change it to the score of your best 2 not 3 which would be a big ding to the people who correctly get 3 or 4 guys making the cut.

3. adding to #2, picking 3 golfers to make the cut shouldn't be that hard. We did it when we had 6-7 entrants and i barely recall anyone failing to qualify for the weekend. im sure it happened and im sure it will happen again, but if it does, you made bad picks.... you lose.

4. as already noted. with 10 teams, 60 golfers will be drafted. the top 50+ ties make the cut at augusta. So 1 golfer per 6 man squad should be expected to miss the cut if we are all the golf wiz's we claim to be.

I know you're usually late to the party, I already updated my rules post shortly after making it.

we have 9 paid.

we need one more to make this an even 10!!

Taint, get back in here.

we have 9 paid.

we need one more to make this an even $10

Taint, get back in here.

You charge quite the commissioners' fee :shocking:

You charge quite the commissioners' fee :shocking:

:doublethumbsup: :gfy:

before we get the draft order, should we make a stipulation you can only pick from the #1 spot once?

before we get the draft order, should we make a stipulation you can only pick from the #1 spot once?

Assuming it's random, I don't care for this, but not enough to fight it if the majority wants it.

You could make the first one random and have the rest determined by finish in the prior one. :dunno:

I personally don't think we need to do that. It's not really a huge advantage in golf and if we end up with 10 guys for each event I'd be surprised if anyone even got the first pick twice.

I personally don't think we need to do that. It's not really a huge advantage in golf and if we end up with 10 guys for each event I'd be surprised if anyone even got the first pick twice.

That's fine.

I am doing the draft order soon.

I am only sending the order to those people that don't have their real name as their email. Which is all but 3 I think.

I figure they don't want their name being thrown about and plenty of people will get the results to verify their authenticity.

I am updating it after the draft. Moved Scott to #1 last week.

good not to give away any secrets to these mutts anyway :cheers:

What a steal Watson is at 1.05.

Agree. It was definitely a toss-up between him and JS with me.

Did anyone tell WW the draft was starting the Monday of the tournament at 10 EST?

Did anyone tell WW the draft was starting the Monday of the tournament at 10 EST?

Yes. He'll be here around 1 :D

Not sure why he likes to test me :mad:

Patience Ed. He may be in a meeting or something.

I'm busting balls. sort of a private joke.

he knows not to cross me :mad:

Dude is not even logged into the forearms.

O/U on the next pick set at 1:00 pm eastern (-110)

Yes, that is 1 pm today. :lol:

Dude is not even logged into the forearms.

O/U on the next pick set at 1:00 pm eastern (-110)

Yes, that is 1 pm today. :lol:

:doh:

only 46 minutes! a WW record :golf clap:

Not sure why he likes to test me :mad:

sorry bro, i knew that was going to happen. its been a busy monday morning. i wasnt that late though.

i didnt even see my slot until now. was hoping for bubba/scott/fowler

also looks like ill be rooting for you to win, ed. or maybe just mickelson and the rest of your guys to MC :clap:

sorry bro, i knew that was going to happen. its been a busy monday morning. i wasnt that late though.

i didnt even see my slot until now. was hoping for bubba/scott/fowler

:cheers:

It's all good. I was giving you till at least 1.

With my liver, b/p and cholesterol - I could be dead at any time, I'll pay as I go.... $25 sent.

Hope this wasn't prophetic. :dunno:

Hope this wasn't prophetic. :dunno:

:D :lol: :blink: :unsure:

hmm figured those turn picks would be dustin and justin. i probably should have gone with Rosey, as im a fan. So many people high on DJ but I just dont like him for whatever reason.

hmm figured those turn picks would be dustin and justin. i probably should have gone with Rosey, as im a fan. So many people high on DJ but I just dont like him for whatever reason.

Because he is a mental midget, maybe? In my weekly work pool, he is affectionately known as Retarded Wolverine. Not as fitting since he shaved the beard, but you get the point.

Because he is a mental midget, maybe? In my weekly work pool, he is affectionately known as Retarded Wolverine. Not as fitting since he shaved the beard, but you get the point.

yeah hes kin of a choke artist. I was between Stenson and Rose. Im a big Rose fan and not really a Stenson fan so i have no reasoning behind my pick :lol:

although I have distant distant family ties to King Louis so :first: missed cut coming.

although I have distant distant family ties to King Louis so :first: missed cut coming.

I bet that doosh this past week and he promptly missed the cut by a landslide <_<

One of my buddies brought up a pretty good point that he might've just been gassed by playing so much in the Match Play. It was shocking to see him struggle cuz he had been playing so well.

I bet that doosh this past week and he promptly missed the cut by a landslide <_<

One of my buddies brought up a pretty good point that he might've just been gassed by playing so much in the Match Play. It was shocking to see him struggle cuz he had been playing so well.

yeah, i didn't like seeing that. and actually his recent track record at augusta hasn't even been great. but after those 1st 10 names that got picked (which i would have expected to be the top 10 guys gone in whatever order) there are so many in the "next tier". I was looking at a few other guys who will probably go in the next 3-4 picks but went with someone I can root for.

Where is our fearless leader? He's always quick to b1tch at us when we take more then 5 minutes :mad:

please keep all comments in this thread.

Thank you.

charl and hideki were the other 2 i was looking at with Louis.

charl is in better form and matsuyama has higher upside out of those 2. both great picks.

its hard to dislike anyones start when we are 2 rounds in but I particularly like KSB's start in respect to his draft slot.

special thanks to Mike for clearing out the riff raff from our draft thread. :cheers:

Quite the physically fit team you have so far Ed :thumbsup:

:doh: