Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Super Bowl Prediction

since the packers got lucky that one time, it seems to me as if Rodgers is a bit of a choke artist come crunch time

He is?

since the packers got lucky that one time, it seems to me as if Rodgers is a bit of a choke artist come crunch time

I put that more on the coach.

Rodgers is not a choke artist, the teams shortcomings have come as a whole or from the coach. That said, he really needs another ring to build on his legacy as he has been coasting for awhile now. The great ones need multiple rings to climb the ladder.

Agree to an extent, but I put more of the blame on Ted Thompson, the GM. I feel Rodgers, like Manning before him, Brady, Montana...those guys can roll out of bed and get a team 8 wins. It's up to management though to take the team from good to elite and I don't feel TT has put the pieces around him to do it. His unwillingness to delve into free agencies other than Street Agents like Peppers and Cook, leaves the team overly dependent on the draft and that young drafted players will develop into quality starters fast enough to push the team into the elite category. Other than (IMO) a lucky run in 2010, I find the Packers under Rodgers to have played to about as good as they are capable of...which IMO is a disappointment when you have a QB the quality of Rodgers.

Agree to an extent, but I put more of the blame on Ted Thompson, the GM. I feel Rodgers, like Manning before him, Brady, Montana...those guys can roll out of bed and get a team 8 wins. It's up to management though to take the team from good to elite and I don't feel TT has put the pieces around him to do it. His unwillingness to delve into free agencies other than Street Agents like Peppers and Cook, leaves the team overly dependent on the draft and that young drafted players will develop into quality starters fast enough to push the team into the elite category. Other than (IMO) a lucky run in 2010, I find the Packers under Rodgers to have played to about as good as they are capable of...which IMO is a disappointment when you have a QB the quality of Rodgers.

And let's not forget Favre before Rodgers. Thats HOF caliber play from the QB spot for 20 plus years. Should have more to show.

Brady rating in playoffs = 88

Rodgers rating in playoffs = 98.2

Although I don't agree with Honcho and his TT opinion. TT is a real good GM. Those who swing into FA are most always the sucky teams.

Tell me what players Seattle or Pitt has got in FA over the years that put them over the top.

Point holds no weight.

32 teams in the NFL? McCarthy is bottom 8

He is?

Sure is.

In a division with Chicago, Detroit and Minny and he's been to 2 conference championships in 8 years? 7 and 6 in the playoffs in the playoffs? only 1 year has his team win more than 1 playoff game. ouch

Min chi and det are a better group than buff mia and nyj

Buff and mia havent been good in 25 years and nyj had a good defense with butt fumble as their qb.

Min chi and det are a better group than buff mia and nyj

Buff and mia havent been good in 25 years and nyj had a good defense with butt fumble as their qb.

good deflection.

does your hero play Min, Chi and Det in the playoffs too

last 10 years

New England Patriots — 134 wins
New York Jets — 83 wins
Miami Dolphins — 76 wins
Buffalo Bills — 71 wins
Green Bay Packers — 108 wins
Chicago Bears — 89 wins
Minnesota Vikings — 82 wins
Detroit Lions — 62 wins

seems pretty even to me.

Sure is.

In a division with Chicago, Detroit and Minny and he's been to 2 conference championships in 8 years? 7 and 6 in the playoffs in the playoffs? only 1 year has his team win more than 1 playoff game. ouch

And they are the only team in history to win 15 games regular season and not win a playoff game. Proof positive about that suck division. That's shameful right there. And let's not forget him and his turtle act against Seattle.

once again... all discussions about the SuperBowl revolve around the New England Patriots.

last 10 years

seems pretty even to me.

Are we talking about Pat vs. Packers or Rodgers as a choker in the playoffs? Did Rodgers not catch a ball on an onside kick as a TE on the hands team? Or let Seattle go up and down the field at the end of the game?

Lets look at the QB stats.

Rodgers - 98.2 in playoffs

Brady 88.0 in playoffs.

More than 10 full points higher.

Not trying to say Rodgers is Mr. Clutch. But he isn't a choker. The Packers have had some dreadful defensive performances

Although I don't agree with Honcho and his TT opinion. TT is a real good GM. Those who swing into FA are most always the sucky teams.

Tell me what players Seattle or Pitt has got in FA over the years that put them over the top.

Point holds no weight.

Are we talking about Pat vs. Packers or Rodgers

who brought it up 1st?

:wall:

once again... all discussions about the SuperBowl revolve around the New England Patriots.

Right? I called out Rodgers and next thing you know I see Brady being thrown around and then he asks me if this is a discussion about choking or pack vs pats :wall:

No one is saying they don't.

But we are discussing Rodgers and if he chokes in the playoffs. Win Loss doesn't tell the whole story as Brady has many more wins in the playoffs and SBs. Yet has more than 10pts less in QB rating. Imagine that.

Like in his first playoff game going for 423 and 4 adding in a rushing TD while he loses to AZ who ends up with 51 points. While the defense couldn't stop Kurt Warner to save their lives.

But we are discussing Rodgers and if he chokes in the playoffs. Win Loss doesn't tell the whole story as Brady has many more wins in the playoffs and SBs. Yet has more than 10pts less in QB rating. Imagine that.

Like in his first playoff game going for 423 and 4 adding in a rushing TD while he loses to AZ who ends up with 51 points. While the defense couldn't stop Kurt Warner to save their lives.

You focking brought up the Patriots/Brady :wall:

christ man

I don't recall anyone blaming the Dolphins D for Marino never winning. own it

I think it's McCarthy that is the problem. No one doubts Ridgers. McCarthy has had a HOF QB every year since he started coaching. 1 Super Bowl doesn't cut it, especially in a division like that, where you are all but guaranteed the playoffs in August.

I think it's McCarthy that is the problem. No one doubts Ridgers. McCarthy has had a HOF QB every year since he started coaching. 1 Super Bowl doesn't cut it, especially in a division like that, where you are all but guaranteed the playoffs in August.

If not for Rodgers/Favre, McCarthy wouldn't be in the league.

he is the John Farrell of the NFL

Point holds no weight.

I don't think TT's a bad GM and I think he's does an above average job of managing the team, drafting players, identifying undrafted players with the ability to make the NFL(Sam Shields, Jayrone Elliot) and cap management. I'm also not the guy who wants our GM to to get into ridiculous bidding wars for top tier FA's, that severely limit cap flexibility. An example of where I think TT fails and being overly dependent on draft and development would be Inside LB this year(and last, and the year before that....). Danny Trevathan(4 years 12M guranteed), good player, played in a 4-3 in Denver is available and his agent didn't even get a call from TT. He was a starter who only became a FA because Denver had other more important priorities and couldn't keep everyone. Instead the defense will be reliant on Jake Ryan with 5 starts and rookie Blake Martinez, to man the middle, cover TE's and stop the run. And IF they can't do it, the fall back position is to take the best defensive player Mathews and move him inside again.

Green Bay potentially has a SB team every year because they have a top 5 QB. Other teams with QB's in the Rodgers range go to multiple SB's. Brady 6, Manning 4, Ben Roth 3, even Eli 2. My .02 cents, the difference is TT gambles that he can fill all his holes with the draft, and if he misses or those kids don't develop, GB falls short...like they did against Seattle.

You focking brought up the Patriots/Brady :wall:

christ man

I don't recall anyone blaming the Dolphins D for Marino never winning. own it

But Rodgers has won it. And I don't recall many people saying Dan was a choke artist.

I didnt bring up the Pats. I brought up a comparison of a guy you would call elite in playoffs, Brady (88.o rating) and a guy you called a playoff choke artist, Rodgers (98.2 rating).

Rodgers has generally played well in the playoffs. Stat wise much better than Tommy Ugg Boots.

And qho brought up 15-1 losing in the playoffs. Patswent undefeated and set all sorts of records and chokes vs. Eli.

I didnt bring up the Pats. I brought up a comparison of a guy you would call elite in playoffs, Brady

:shocking:

I don't think TT's a bad GM and I think he's does an above average job of managing the team, drafting players, identifying undrafted players with the ability to make the NFL(Sam Shields, Jayrone Elliot) and cap management. I'm also not the guy who wants our GM to to get into ridiculous bidding wars for top tier FA's, that severely limit cap flexibility. An example of where I think TT fails and being overly dependent on draft and development would be Inside LB this year(and last, and the year before that....). Danny Trevathan(4 years 12M guranteed), good player, played in a 4-3 in Denver is available and his agent didn't even get a call from TT. He was a starter who only became a FA because Denver had other more important priorities and couldn't keep everyone. Instead the defense will be reliant on Jake Ryan with 5 starts and rookie Blake Martinez, to man the middle, cover TE's and stop the run. And IF they can't do it, the fall back position is to take the best defensive player Mathews and move him inside again.

Green Bay potentially has a SB team every year because they have a top 5 QB. Other teams with QB's in the Rodgers range go to multiple SB's. Brady 6, Manning 4, Ben Roth 3, even Eli 2. My .02 cents, the difference is TT gambles that he can fill all his holes with the draft, and if he misses or those kids don't develop, GB falls short...like they did against Seattle.

I undsrstand your point but it isnt that simple. MLB is a pretty overrated position when you have multiple sets and multiple guys to covers different formations. That is why they are paid like ass. Sure bring in Danny T at what looks fairly cheap. But it is still much more expensive than Jake Ryan and Blake Martinez. In doibg that perhaps they cant resign all the guys they do.

When you resign most all your guys who are worth anything year in and year out you will not have much spending room, especially with a top QB who is paid.

The Pats have weak WRs generally speaking. What do they do? Go and sign Chris Hogan from the Bills. Smart white dudes who you can rely on fit their dink and dunk system. So basicallt what the Packers are doing at LB. Danny Ttavathen isnt going to stop the TE from dropping the onside kick that went right to him. Or save Jordy's knee.

I think you will be surprised by Blake Martinez this year.

:shocking:

Brought up a Qb and your man crush. For comparison.

If you want to talk Pats then sure. They are the standard andhave won SBs. They have been a better team than the Packers since Rodgers came into the league.

That is the whole point. Rodgers scoring 45 vs the Cards wasnt a choke. The Packers didnt have a complete team thus will not make the SB when they hand over 51 pts in a playoff game.

Should a guy like Rodgers have more than 1 ring? Sure. He is what 32?

Yea Manning has 2. He was the reason they won last year. Totally clutch. What a season.

I'm not an only super bowl guy, I think it's a bunch of crap and there is luck (defense, bounces, referees) involved.

I do think ARod is a great QB, just think he hasn't done enough with his chances.

I think for how elite he is in the regular season he hasnt done quite as well in the playoffs. But choke is a bit much. Take away a SB as a 6 seed he wasnt aupposed to win and replace it with the 15-1 season and we are at the same place.

The Seattle game was ridiculous. Last year he was down to jeff janis and jared abberderis and almost pulled beat a real tough AZ team in AZ. His top 3 WRs from the previous year out. In a year people say was his worst as a starter. OT. Cards take it 80 yards on 3 plays in OT yet another botched coveragw and tackle from their defense.

All I am saying is very few QBs win multiple SBs. Many of those winners werw on great defenses. Bradshaw. Eli. Aikman and his super teams. 9ers had great defenses. Pats started oit as a small ball defensive team. Most great QBs with SBs had complete teams and that is why those SBs were won

Rodgers has like 7 or 8 years to find another one.

This year he has Car. SEA. AZ to go through. The AFC has what? Pats to the SB this year is like Lebron to the championship. Conf. Is a cakewalk.

I'd like to amend my pick- Green Bay

Good Lord, have you seen their schedule??? The one scary team they have (Seattle) they get at home.. Look at the list quacks they have as road games - outside of Minny, what a cakewalk. I've always suspected the Pack had nekid pics of Rog bcoz we always have to play them in G. Bay - but now their milking that to a new level. If I were Pack fans, I'd start making reservations for Houston.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2016/REG/Packers

I'm not an only super bowl guy, I think it's a bunch of crap and there is luck (defense, bounces, referees) involved.

I do think ARod is a great QB, just think he hasn't done enough with his chances.

Took a step back in my book last year given how awful he was without his binky...

Brady > Rodgers and it isn't that close. Packers should have a better D considering the advantages they have with home weather in late season

I'd like to amend my pick- Green Bay

Good Lord, have you seen their schedule??? The one scary team they have (Seattle) they get at home.. Look at the list quacks they have as road games - outside of Minny, what a cakewalk. I've always suspected the Pack had nekid pics of Rog bcoz we always have to play them in G. Bay - but now their milking that to a new level. If I were Pack fans, I'd start making reservations for Houston.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2016/REG/Packers

Don't have to worry about Minny anymore either, Teddy's knee just exploded

Holy shiat - Twitter is saying an ambulance was called to Winter Park? :unsure:

Sanchez somehow will get another gig. He can hand off just fine. Oh wait...,

Jesus the NFL and knees don't mix

#1 for Jimmy G - act now

(Teddy had 14 td last year) :o

MIN stopped practice and everyone went home? No wonder the fockin' Patriots win the SuperBowl every year....

MIN stopped practice and everyone went home? No wonder the fockin' Patriots win the SuperBowl every year....

was 20 minutes left.

slow your roll kid