Sign in to follow this  
xenon

Keenan Allen v Brandon Marshall

I'll say it again, floor vs ceiling. I love both WR and I'm happy to have either on my team but if I had to choose I would take Marshall in redraft. His floor for a WR in PPR is almost as high as they come. The ceiling for Keenan might be a little higher but not high enough to draft over the reliability of Marshall.

Yeah, that was pretty much what I said to begin with that started this whole thread. You take Marshall if you want safe, Allen if you want upside.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=456696&p=5742796

Yeah, that was pretty much what I said to begin with that started this whole thread. You take Marshall if you want safe, Allen if you want upside.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=456696&p=5742796

If you project Allen's numbers over a full season, which in my opinion you shouldn't because he only played half a season, he still would have scored less than Marshall did last season in standard and PPR, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The upside is minimal. One could argue Marshall might be in for a better season now in year 2 with Fitzpatrick.

You're asking for Allen to stay healthy and keep the pace he put up last year to put up basically Marshall-type numbers, when you can just pick Marshall with almost no risk.

• Like 1

having fitzpatrick back sealed it for me for marshall. everything returned in that offense except an upgrade at RB which only helps the offense overall. I dont think Keenan is far behind, just a little riskier for an early-mid 2nd rounder.

If you project Allen's numbers over a full season, which in my opinion you shouldn't because he only played half a season, he still would have scored less than Marshall did last season in standard and PPR, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The upside is minimal. One could argue Marshall might be in for a better season now in year 2 with Fitzpatrick.

You're asking for Allen to stay healthy and keep the pace he put up last year to put up basically Marshall-type numbers, when you can just pick Marshall with almost no risk.

It's all about what you believe in. I'm not telling anyone I'm right. I'm simply saying that based on Rivers being a good passer, the team having a poor defense, and a mediocre (to below average), the Chargers will be throwing a lot and I believe that Allen has the talent to catch 110+ passes this year. I also believe that Allen is an ascending player. I don't think he's topped out at all. I think he has at least 1 more step to take if not more. You don't have to agree with it, but the logic isn't inconceivable. It's quite reasonable.

You mean take Marshall if you want safe, take Marshall if you want upside.

Whatever floats your boat doc. You're the one drafting your team, not me.

It boils down to this for me, when all all other things are equal, give me the younger player. Allen's injury last year was the fluke variety, and he would have had an outstanding season if it weren't for it. He was leading Marshall through 7 weeks in both Standard and PPR. I have had Brandon Marshall on at least 1 team every year for about the past 7 yrs i think, and love having. I'm just higher on the potential of Allen. I prefer trending up over trending down. :dunno:

It boils down to this for me, when all all other things are equal, give me the younger player. Allen's injury last year was the fluke variety, and he would have had an outstanding season if it weren't for it. He was leading Marshall through 7 weeks in both Standard and PPR. I have had Brandon Marshall on at least 1 team every year for about the past 7 yrs i think, and love having. I'm just higher on the potential of Allen. I prefer trending up over trending down. :dunno:

So by that logic you would prefer OBJ over Brown and Julio?

Typically you only want the younger player in terms of RBs but not necessarily WRs or QBs.

So by that logic you would prefer OBJ over Brown and Julio?

Typically you only want the younger player in terms of RBs but not necessarily WRs or QBs.

AB is 28 and at his peak athletically. Marshall is 32 and has lots more miles on tires. 3 years from now when Brown is 31 and Odell is 26 my answer may be yes, I'd like Odell over Brown. Apply your logic to QB's like Romo, Peyton Manning, Roethlisberger and tell me there's not a drop off physically as they age. Tell me they recover from relatively minor injuries just as quickly at 34 as they did at 24. Again, I'll take the guy climbing the ladder over the one coming down it.

AB is 28 and at his peak athletically. Marshall is 32 and has lots more miles on tires. 3 years from now when Brown is 31 and Odell is 26 my answer may be yes, I'd like Odell over Brown. Apply your logic to QB's like Romo, Peyton Manning, Roethlisberger and tell me there's not a drop off physically as they age. Tell me they recover from relatively minor injuries just as quickly at 34 as they did at 24. Again, I'll take the guy climbing the ladder over the one coming down it.

If I saw a smigit of Marshall slowing down last year, I might be inclinded to agree with you. If anything, check out the stats, dude got stronger at the end of the season.

Marshall looks Shredded. He's lost about 10 pounds (down to 224lbs) from last year to become even quicker. Barring health (of any football player) He's an absolute lock for 90 catches, 1,300 yards, 10 Touchdowns.

I know your high on the up and coming young Jedi. But he's not the proven physical BEAST in the end zone that Marshall is.

Marshall has some work to do but two more double digit td season would put him over 100 tds add in 2200 more yds puts him at 13,500 ish yds with over 1050 rec.

Like I said in an earlier post....pass him at your own peril.....guy is simply MONEY.

• Like 1

LOL you made my point by mentioning the sheriff, thanks. He was the best QB in the league at ages 34-37ish.

I agree with you to an extent if both players in question are coming off injury but that's not the case here.

• Like 1

I declare Keenan Allen the winner based on his great first half in Week 1.

Marshall gave you a whole season of underwhelming.

"No Risk" Marshall? Yeah, right.

Marshall has become a nuisance and maybe even a cancer in yet another locker room. Teams who don't have Marshall never learn. The guy is aloud mouth who turns teammates against one another. Jets fans thought the Bears were so dumb for trading Marshall. And now they sit here wanting him out. We tried to warn them but some of the Jets Fandom clouded their view on a pretty obvious problem.