Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

PITT WR's 2016

Still scratching my head and trying to figure out which Steelers WR is the one to own in PPR leagues (besides A. Brown of course) thanks to a crappy pre-season by Coates.

Roethlisberger might have 350 - 400 completions. If Brown has 120, where are the others distributed at WR (besides Jesse James and the RB's)?

Eli Rogers: how many?

Coates despite the lackluster pre-season?

Wheaton?

Ugh it's a mess and I don't have any stock in it. Before Bell comes back someone may have a few good games but after that I'm not sure anyone will really stand out. I'm getting a bad feeling about Ben and not targeting him anywhere. Especially over guys like Brees which is inexplicable.

Wheaton

Wheaton will get volume, if not quality.

Yuck, he had his chance last year and he didn't run with it. Maybe, but he is still in a show me stage.

Yuck, he had his chance last year and he didn't run with it. Maybe, but he is still in a show me stage.

I agree yuk :) But, he went 749/5 last year. That's a guy you can stick on your bench, break glass in case of emergency. I think there's a good chance he sees a bit more this year, third year light switch turning on a year late maybe. But if anyone not named Antonio is going to catch passes there, he's next in line. I'm not sold on Eli Rogers yet.

Steelers homer here, and I don't have a focking clue either. Seeing through the BS spewed out by the coaching staff is un-possible at this juncture:

"Coates is killing it in training camp"

"Eli Rogers is the real deal"

"Markus Wheaton entrenched at #2 spot"

"Coates making spectacular play every day"

"Chemistry between Roethlisberger and Eli Rogers is real"

"Wheaton ready for breakout campaign"

"Jesse James ready to take on starters role"

If this offense had an unsuspended Bell and Bryant, and an unconcussed/ankle injured Ladarius Greene, behind that offensive line, I'd say sit back and wait for Ben to blow past the passing yardage and TD record. But relying on an old RB for 3 games, and unproven guys at the WR2, slot and TE positions shakes my faith.

However, we saw a glimpse of the no huddle and 4/5 wide sets and pace that the Steelers want to let Ben run at this year. It's not Chip Kelly fast, but it's still a good pace. Bad defense means they have to put up points.

it's all a :dunno: kind thing right now...

I have Coats as a backup on my roster right now. I'm pretty weak at WR, so I'm hoping he hits that potential. But yeah, not sure what to think. Preseason doesn't mean much, but it would be nice to see big Ben throwing him the ball more and Coats actually catching it.

I'm buying the Rogers hype. Wheaton has never shown anything and it sounds like Coates sucks.

Give me Rogers as a flier.

What as Rodgers shown?

Wheaton is a nice WR3/4 for a team, but doesn't appear that he'll ever be a star. If you're drafting, especially in keeper/dynasty it seems like Rogers would be the one to grab. Even then it's not a great pick because Bryant comes back next year. For this year though I would expect Antonio to get 115+ catches, Wheaton around 50, Coates 35, Rogers 45, Bell 50, James 30, Green 30, DHB 30 all others 20 or so.

Antonio is clearly the star of stars of the group and all the others are just there. None are worth having because they'll all be inconsistent. Wheaton will prolly be the most consistent, but only because he'll start. I say punt on all of them....except Bell of course....

What as Rodgers shown?

Nothing but he hasn't had the opportunity yet. Wheaton has and the results were underwhelming

I don't know , he avg 17 yards per catch last season and had 44 rec and scored 5 tds and Ben knows him .

I don't think he will be great , but I do think he will be the second best Wr on the Steelers .

I think Coates and Rodgers will battle it out for the third Wr spot.

And I think the third Wr postion will hurt for targets once Bell returns.

Yea you like Mr Rodgers also?

I think Eli Rodgers will play the slot , pushing Wheaton to the outside. I don't remember where, but I read that Eli will be the reason AB does not catch 150.

I don't know , he avg 17 yards per catch last season and had 44 rec and scored 5 tds and Ben knows him .

I don't think he will be great , but I do think he will be the second best Wr on the Steelers .

I think Coates and Rodgers will battle it out for the third Wr spot.

And I think the third Wr postion will hurt for targets once Bell returns.

Coates isn't competing with Rogers, he's competing with Wheaton and losing out. Rogers runs exclusively in the slot and the optimism is there because of the departure of Heath Miller, Ben's safety valve. The Steelers are running a LOT more 3 WR sets, and stepped up the 4/5 wide formations as well. If Bryant was available the lineup of Brown, Bryant, Rogers, Wheaton, Coates and Heyward-Bey is flat out sick. I mean freakin Heyward-Bey is a former top 10 pick and is fast as sh!t. Sprinkle in a little Ladarius Green and Bell being the best big pass catching back in the league and there's no stopping them...but the fantasy gods have made it un-possible.

Wheaton= highest floor

Rogers= best chance of being PPR relevant

Coates= highest ceiling based on being deep threat

Its not that these guys are bad receivers, its a great group. The problem is that for FF purposes there isn't a #2 guy. Rogers is too much like AB. Sammie Coates is not as good this year as Bryant was last year. Wheaton is boring, but has a higher floor than the other 2 (on another team and the right circumstances he could be a solid ff WR2). All 3 are more valuable in keeper/dynasty leagues than redrafts.

I wouldn't rank any WR in top 50 this week (other than AB), although Rogers and Coates may have good games. Pit COULD try to establish either as part of game plan. DHB is the WR that should benefit most from Wheaton's absence because he is only guy with seasoning that can play that role. But no no no do not add him to roster.

Now, God help me for saying this, if AB gets injured both Wheaton and Rogers will take a big jump.

When Wheaton returns he will be a good hold.

When Wheaton returns he will be a good hold.

Wheaton has always sucked. And he will always suck

• Like 1

His last six games last season he avg 16 points per game in fantasy football

He also avg 16.3 yards per reception in those last six games

Including a game vs the Seahawks that he had 9 rec for 201 yards and 1 td.

Now them numbers don't suck.

He will be worth a hold when he comes back.

His last six games last season he avg 16 points per game in fantasy football

He also avg 16.3 yards per reception in those last six games

Including a game vs the Seahawks that he had 9 rec for 201 yards and 1 td.

Now them numbers don't suck.

He will be worth a hold when he comes back.

what about the rest of the games? he sucks...you can have him. he will always suck

Wheaton has always sucked. And he will always suck

Suck? Nah. Extremely average. Absolutely. JAG