Sign in to follow this  
handbanana

Diggs vs Shepard - who would you rather own this season?

Diggs has a year more experience and is the Vikings top weapon in the passing game, but a passing game that sucks. Shepard may be the 3rd or even 4th option on the passing game depending but is in a much more prolific passing offense.

Thoughts? I bet it's a pretty even split based upon what I've been reading on here as of late...

I think it's as close to a tie as one can imagine, but if I were forced to break that tie, I'd factor in injury considerations, which would immediately vault Shepard to top 10 WR status IMO.

I think it's as close to a tie as one can imagine, but if I were forced to break that tie, I'd factor in injury considerations, which would immediately vault Shepard to top 10 WR status IMO.

Good point about the injury upside

• Like 1

I think Shephard is getting too much love in the press. I do not believe he will get a lot of targets as long as Cruz is healthy. So, he better make due with his 5-6 targets.

Diggs is a proven beast who just needs a good qb, like Eli.

I think Shephard is getting too much love in the press. I do not believe he will get a lot of targets as long as Cruz is healthy. So, he better make due with his 5-6 targets.

Diggs is a proven beast who just needs a good qb, like Eli.

What about when Cruz inevitably gets hurt? Who would y'all rather have?

What about when Cruz inevitably gets hurt? Who would y'all rather have?

Yes, if and when Cruuuuuuuz goes down, Shephard's value takes a big turn upward. But when will that happen, if it happens? Hmmm

Well, Shephard fooled me today. He got more targets than I thought. However, don't forget, the Saints secondary may be the worst in the NFL. Their best player was injured and their next best player got injured in the first quarter. My mother could cover better than some of those guys. I'm not sure who draws Norman next week, but I'm thinking if Shepahrd is on the left side, he won't be relevant.

Well, Shephard fooled me today. He got more targets than I thought. However, don't forget, the Saints secondary may be the worst in the NFL. Their best player was injured and their next best player got injured in the first quarter. My mother could cover better than some of those guys. I'm not sure who draws Norman next week, but I'm thinking if Shepahrd is on the left side, he won't be relevant.

That whole game fooled everyone :mad:

They did well containing Beckham but it caused Shepard to step up. Both guys should pay dividends for each other going forward.

That whole game fooled everyone :mad:

Drew Bree's is just not the same person when he plays outdoors.

Yea it surprised me how much targets Shepherd received also , just shows a lot of trust in him from Manning.

Diggs was almost Minnesota's entire offense tonight. Stellar performance. Shepard was almost as good. I think the answer to this thread is "both."

yeah. i'm worried, though, that teams will stop stacking against the run and actually scheme to stop diggs. need AP

Diggs.
He's alpha dog in Minny.

I actually think McKinnon could be a pretty decent back if he's not running against a stacked box. He fits Norv's schemes a bit better too as AP out of the gun was a non-starter. I'm wishing I had drafted him though. He was on my radar but someone else got him.

I own Shepard and I would do backflips if offered Diggs for him.

Not so sure the Vikings pass game sucks anymore. That long TD surprised me but inside the redzone that sneaky little Diggs will get open regardless.

Giants defense is improved, OBJ will start getting his, and when you throw in Cruz that makes SS tough to start every week. Diggs is set it and forget it status right now.

my concern has to do with diggs benefitting from teams stacking the box

I actually think McKinnon could be a pretty decent back if he's not running against a stacked box. He fits Norv's schemes a bit better too as AP out of the gun was a non-starter. I'm wishing I had drafted him though. He was on my radar but someone else got him.

go to nfl.com and watch Digg's highlights. The kid is a gifted athlete. I've been watching football for a long time. It's the little things he does and most importantly, HE'S GOOD AT NOT TAKING BIG HITS. That's important. At the end of plays he's very shifty and turns a big hit in to a couple extra yards.