Sign in to follow this  
jimaveli

Is Melvin Gordon a sell high?

He's finding the end zone. He's playing snaps. I think he even looks pretty solid sans that fumble late in the Saints game.

But it's week 5 and San Diego can't stop having injuries. Again. On the offensive line. Again.

And he's not seeing a mountain of yards each week.

Is it time to get out? Or is it a hold because of the workload, the tds, and the non-Denver part of their remaining schedule?

He's finding the end zone. He's playing snaps. I think he even looks pretty solid sans that fumble late in the Saints game.

But it's week 5 and San Diego can't stop having injuries. Again. On the offensive line. Again.

And he's not seeing a mountain of yards each week.

Is it time to get out? Or is it a hold because of the workload, the tds, and the non-Denver part of their remaining schedule?

Nope. In this day and age he's a three down back. You treat those like the holy grail and hope for the best.

• Like 1

I would agree , he's a three down back , I mean the great D Mccluster isn't any threat.

So I would hang on to him.

But if you need to add a Wr I would think he would be worth a Wr 1 just became he has become a three down Rb.

Which RB is seeing a ton of yardage each week this year? Gordon is top 3 week in week out as it stands.

Lamar Miller

Roughly half of his points is touchdowns. He has 6. And sure, it could continue. Could. Maybe he'll have better days on the ground and it'll work out.

I'm just looking around at sell high candidates on my teams and he keeps blinking at me even though he looks to be running hard and having success once sd gets close. I'm just scurred of the 11th annual San Diego falloff of doom taking him down.

What about this...what if I could get Charles and obj for him?

I'm holding. He won't keep up this pace but he's the workhorse back on a good O and he gets all the goal line carries. What's not to like?

I rolled him for Zeke Elliott.. but had to give up a piece i'm completely embarrassed to admit to have dealt.. in Will Fuller. to get it done. but I had the depth and wanted the security of his fantasy stock not being affected by real football and the black fog that seems to smother San Diego fantasy players. Maybe it's that i've had Rivers too often over the years and watched as the whole team got hurt and they all just regressed by the latter third of the season.

I agree with the other posters to just ride his start and situation.. There aren't many 3 down backs anymore.. and he's getting TDs every week and catching passes. Something Elliott doesn't do to this point really.

I know you're probably waiting for him to turn into a pumpkin.. but it also depends on your depth and what you'd get back for him. He does look good.. but his YPC are what also concerned me. Who else is that team going to turn to? He's not why they're blowing these games.

He averaged 2ypc against the Colts and Saints. Both are giving up 4+ ypc....and that's after having faced Gordon. And the Bolts had a positive game script in both contests and still couldn't get the run game going.

I do like his involvement in the passing game....he's actually had more yards receiving than rushing the past two games. And he will get all the GL carries on a good offense. But if he doesn't score his floor is pretty low.

Not the worst idea to try and sell high. But probably a good hold too. Depends on the make up of the rest of your team.

I do think in games he doesn't score he will put up single digits, but what would selling high look like for gordon? If you can get a great player for him cool, otherwise your selling low

Remember, this is Ken Whisenhunt's first year with Melvin Gordon. This could be the new normal.

I do think in games he doesn't score he will put up single digits, but what would selling high look like for gordon? If you can get a great player for him cool, otherwise your selling low

Gronk for Gordon?

I wouldn't give up anyone sniffing Tier 1 for Gronk right now. Not until we know that his hamstring is sound.

He's quite TD dependent. I'm not saying that won't continue because it very well may but his yardage totals are not that impressive. His YPC is pretty poor as well.

He's a good sell high candidate.

Only horse in town getting around 25 touches a game and a goal line back. No one is going to pay the price I want. Plus i doubt many Melvin owners have a decent enough 3rd back to replace him. I sometimes think some of you discuss this stuff in a vacuum, not taking into account real rosters.

Ride it out.

• Like 1

He's quite TD dependent. I'm not saying that won't continue because it very well may but his yardage totals are not that impressive. His YPC is pretty poor as well.

He's a good sell high candidate.

I think the pass catching role he's inherited a bit of due to Woodhead down helps make up for his YPC. If he didn't have that I'd sell him high. He's got breakaway speed. He will turn some receptions in space into big gains I would think.