Sign in to follow this  
Eaglessb

Tevin Coleman

Every week I find an excuse to play some else over him and 4/5 times I was wrong. Do you think this type of production is going to continue?

Given how high powered the Falcons offense is, I'm half debating starting both Freeman and Coleman... Matt Ryan loves to pass to his RBs.

For those that watch them, are the two on the field at the same time a lot, or are they being rotated in for each other?

Given how high powered the Falcons offense is, I'm half debating starting both Freeman and Coleman... Matt Ryan loves to pass to his RBs.

For those that watch them, are the two on the field at the same time a lot, or are they being rotated in for each other?

Rotated.

based on the Denver game - usually getting rotated

last night freeman was favourite for hard fought yards on the ground on 3rd and powering on first downs and short passes his cuts while carrying the ball looked Sharp and at full pace

Coleman more for running 2nd downs and for crossing routes and down the field passing, the man can put a move on any CB and has the speed to burn them

I could see coleman getting used more against weaker d lines freeman seemed to enjoy getting into the mix and putting hits in

I was soooo close to trading for him this week.. Was dangling Derrick Henry to the Demarco owner and he was very receptive. Figured with his health issue at high altitude he would stay kind've dormant this week.. and then he goes off easily. Doh. :wall:

Wow he's really stepped up in the passing game.

I think it's going to continue.

Unless you have two absolute stud RBs this guy is a must start IMO. Especially PPR.

Yes I think it will continue. The Falcons just beat the Super Bowl Champion Broncos on the road. Mainly by using the 2 headed monster of Freeman and Coleman. Kyle Shanahan learned last year he can't funnel the entire offense through Julio Jones. Coleman is too explosive to keep on the bench right now. He can win you the week single handedly.

the only reason there is to hate coleman is if like me you own Freeman

look at the number both guys put up against Denver, now imagine if that was all on freeman ha

the only reason there is to hate coleman is if like me you own Freeman

look at the number both guys put up against Denver, now imagine if that was all on freeman ha

I have Freeman. Problem is that Freeman hasn't been a bad back for me. I could get Coleman (and probably should, but bye weeks this week really prevented it). Both of them have had good weeks during the same game. Just wondering if that's the new normal in Atlanta or if they eventually go into playing the hot hand.

Looks like that's going to be the norm.

Both Rb have been involed heavily in all their games so far.

Owning either one is good.

Do of Coleman and Freeman, which one is the better shot this week against Seattle? It seems like Atlanta really used them both very effectively against a tough Carolina defense. Curious if that will continue.

I've been burned all season by not starting him as well b/c I have two RBs who are 3-down backs and can't justify starting a RBBC in place of one of them. But, I'll be putting him in FLEX from here on out. I had been starting a WR in there. But he's defn start-worthy and match up proof. :thumbsup:

I played Smalls over Tevin this past week.

Smalls - 0

Tevin- a zillion

In a ppr leagues I would start either one of them.

The Falcons sure are making good use of both of them .

That offense seems to revolve around both backs at this point. I owned both, but liked the usage of Freeman more so I traded Tevin away. I'm also loaded at RB and didn't want to worry with which to start.

If you look a little deeper at the numbers, I would say that Tevin will regress some but not below the point of not being a weekly Flex play at worst.

I think everyone was wrong. Both backs are the backs to own.

Coming into this season I would have taken Freeman over Coleman in a ppr league.

But now it seems Coleman is the one to own in ppr .

So for me I think Coleman is the one to own going forward.

I think the Falcons don't want to over use Feeeman.

If you look at Freeman's production in the second half of last season you can clearly see he wore down.

Based on the over all talent of both players I think Coleman would be the number one Rb , if the Falcons trusted him more in the run game.

Hey paws,

Forgive me for not listening to you when you advised me to start Tevin over Smalls this past week. I will not make that mistake this week. Although my choice is now Charles or Tevin. Still Tevin against mighty Seattle?

Coming into this season I would have taken Freeman over Coleman in a ppr league.

But now it seems Coleman is the one to own in ppr .

So for me I think Coleman is the one to own going forward.

I think the Falcons don't want to over use Feeeman.

If you look at Freeman's production in the second half of last season you can clearly see he wore down.

Based on the over all talent of both players I think Coleman would be the number one Rb , if the Falcons trusted him more in the run game.

Numbers still suggest Freeman is the better runner. Coleman has been more explosive in the pass game though I do agree.

I've been rolling with the two of them most weeks (except when the entire fantasy football world insisted he wouldn't be a factor because of the altitude this week...) which has been surprisingly effective.

They seem to be being rotated.

what I dont understand is why they dont run more 2 back sets.

they could run both out of the backfield, like what the pats did with Gronk and Hernandez. The D wouldnt know who to key on, it would give LB's fits and open things up for the WR's and TE's.

They'd be a matchup nightmare.

good as this offense has been, it could even be better.