Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

The Pats LOVE being in the AFC Least....

Wow - As consistent as the Pats have been, you must consider that they are in easily the crappiest division ever in the history of pro sports. Gauranteed division title, bye week, home game, playoff berth, etc etc every year. Its 5-6 automatic wins every season. Ive heard that divisional gmes are "tougher" regardless of W/L records but that doesnt apply here at all. Imagine if they were in the Steelrs/Ravens or Broncos division? There'd be some resistance at least.

Geesh. Just saying.

Current winningest division - AFC West.

Losingest - AFC North, closely followed by AFC South and recently lauded NFC West

This is a myth that can easily be dispelled....and its one I've heard for years and was used in the manning/Brady debates....which I debunked....Manning's divisions actually had a worse record overall and I excluded the year he missed to be fair

This is a myth that can easily be dispelled....and its one I've heard for years and was used in the manning/Brady debates....which I debunked....Manning's divisions actually had a worse record overall and I excluded the year he missed to be fair

This. David Garrard/MJD's Jags were the only division team to ever do much that I can remember.

So because Mannings division was easy that means the Patriots was competitive? They both benefited from easy divisions. Chad Pennington was the best QB in the AFC east during the patriots run.

• Like 1

It's unreal how good of a job the Patriots coaching staff does every single week.

First four games without Brady and Gronk they went 3-1.

And now after the return of Brady they have been 4-0.

This team is amazing.

• Like 1

The Pats would roll in any division they were in. They are in a league of their own once again. I wonder how they do it with them not being able to cheat like they used to have to do to win. :dunno:

The Pats would roll in any division they were in. They are in a league of their own once again. I wonder how they do it with them not being able to cheat like they used to have to do to win. :dunno:

I have gained a ridiculous respect for that organization. A lot of their fans became total jackwads as is evidenced by above, but the organization is a well oiled machine from the top down with incredible leadership from the top down. They just keep winning year after year.

• Like 1

The Jets were supposed to at least be decent. Now that they stink it's pretty weak.

The Bills and Dolphins are hopeless.

OP is a dumbass

Right, because the division has been really good.

So because Mannings division was easy that means the Patriots was competitive? They both benefited from easy divisions. Chad Pennington was the best QB in the AFC east during the patriots run.

no....thats not what i was implying.......what im saying is this is an easy excuse for people who dont really know football to explain the patriots success

in 07 when they went through the regular season unbeaten they beat something like 7 teams that ended up in the playoffs.......

the patriots run would theyve had since 2001 would likely be similar if they were in any other division...maybe a divison title or two less...but it would be similar.....anyone who knows football knows the patriots playing in the afc east is not the reason they are successful

no....thats not what i was implying.......what im saying is this is an easy excuse for people who dont really know football to explain the patriots success

in 07 when they went through the regular season unbeaten they beat something like 7 teams that ended up in the playoffs.......

the patriots run would theyve had since 2001 would likely be similar if they were in any other division...maybe a divison title or two less...but it would be similar.....anyone who knows football knows the patriots playing in the afc east is not the reason they are successful

Do being a good or great team in a crap division isn't a benefit? The packers are always in the playoffs. Similar crap division, with horrible QB's over the years. Same as the colts

Colts didn't make the playoffs last season.

Do being a good or great team in a crap division isn't a benefit? The packers are always in the playoffs. Similar crap division, with horrible QB's over the years. Same as the colts

if you go through all of the divisions over the last 16 years you will ups and downs...twists and turns....thats the difference...most qbs and coaches arent around for 16 years........youll see the nfc south having the last place team win the division the next year(didnt that happen several years in a row?)

if you go through all of the divisions over the last 16 years you will ups and downs...twists and turns....thats the difference...most qbs and coaches arent around for 16 years........youll see the nfc south having the last place team win the division the next year(didnt that happen several years in a row?)

Take a look through history at your teams constantly winning divisions and making the playoffs. Most of them had something in common: A HOF QB, and a division that was weak. Steelers of the 70's, Cowboys of the 70's 49'rs of the 80's-90's, Cowboys of the 90's, Packers since Favre, Colts with Manning. Hell, Marino got his teams to the playoffs all the time. Who was in the AFC east before Jim Kelly? Dan Marino, that's it. As soon as Kelly got there, Marino and the Dolphins started to struggle. The only outlier I can think of is the Steelers,'who had some good runs between Bradshaw and Ben. But they didn't dominate

I have gained a ridiculous respect for that organization. A lot of their fans became total jackwads as is evidenced by above, but the organization is a well oiled machine from the top down with incredible leadership from the top down. They just keep winning year after year.

what do you mean became? we have always been a$$holes and most are proud of it, as am I

Take a look through history at your teams constantly winning divisions and making the playoffs. Most of them had something in common: A HOF QB, and a division that was weak. Steelers of the 70's, Cowboys of the 70's 49'rs of the 80's-90's, Cowboys of the 90's, Packers since Favre, Colts with Manning. Hell, Marino got his teams to the playoffs all the time. Who was in the AFC east before Jim Kelly? Dan Marino, that's it. As soon as Kelly got there, Marino and the Dolphins started to struggle. The only outlier I can think of is the Steelers,'who had some good runs between Bradshaw and Ben. But they didn't dominate

and now you are talking about mostly teams from the non salary cap/free agency era or in the early stages of it....

and here you are trying to correlate a trend between HOF qbs/weak divisions...as if the NFL is/has always been littered with HOF qbs......do we think that maybe having a HOF qb might have something to do with divisonal dominance? it is considered the most important position in football......you seem to want to hold that against divisions...having a HOF qb in it....as if theres like always 2 in each division or something

each team plays 6 divisional games a year right...and 10 others......if you look at the patriots losses over the years youll notice most years half of their losses are to divisional foes

Football is a team sport and a business. Every paid employee plays a roll. The Patriots as a business are run impeccably. They read the market, develop from within, and also have the best coach and qb in the league. The last point is the clincher and also a chicken/egg conundrum. One doesn't happen without the other.

That said, name a team the Pats haven't embarrassed? Better yet name the last time you were surprised they did it.

Football is a team sport and a business. Every paid employee plays a roll. The Patriots as a business are run impeccably. They read the market, develop from within, and also have the best coach and qb in the league. The last point is the clincher and also a chicken/egg conundrum. One doesn't happen without the other.

That said, name a team the Pats haven't embarrassed? Better yet name the last time you were surprised they did it.

i would agree for the most part....thats why anyone trying to pin their success on their division is ridiculous and probably someone who hates them irrationally......sure, in another division for the last 16 years, maybe they dont have exactly as many division titles.....or an identical record....but i think most would agree, in any divison, the patriots would still be perennial sb contenders like they have been for the last 16 years....sadly there are still some people out there so hurt and mystified by the success of the patriots......some out there actually think deflated footballs actually happened and are a reason for success

i would agree for the most part....thats why anyone trying to pin their success on their division is ridiculous and probably someone who hates them irrationally......sure, in another division for the last 16 years, maybe they dont have exactly as many division titles.....or an identical record....but i think most would agree, in any divison, the patriots would still be perennial sb contenders like they have been for the last 16 years....sadly there are still some people out there so hurt and mystified by the success of the patriots......some out there actually think deflated footballs actually happened and are a reason for success

I'm a Spurs fan and thusly understand the hate.

I don't recall them embarrassing the Giants the last 5 times they played them.

Bill had a tough time with Coughlin. In regards to the 2 SB losses, I'm not sure if it was Coughlin's doing or more credit due to Eli. Both victories needed last minute drives to gain the win. Tyree's catch..... Eli emerging from that scrum pile without getting sacked or play whistled dead still astound me in that 1st matchup. I saw an interview with the head ref who said that he had the whistle in his mouth and was just ready to blow it when Eli got free. I think that was one of the more memorable plays in SB history. The only relevance of David Tyree's short career.

Bill had a tough time with Coughlin. In regards to the 2 SB losses, I'm not sure if it was Coughlin's doing or more credit due to Eli. Both victories needed last minute drives to gain the win. Tyree's catch..... Eli emerging from that scrum pile without getting sacked or play whistled dead still astound me in that 1st matchup. I saw an interview with the head ref who said that he had the whistle in his mouth and was just ready to blow it when Eli got free. I think that was one of the more memorable plays in SB history. The only relevance of David Tyree's short career.

lets not forget merriweather and samuel both dropping ints on that drive(both very catchable)....and on the tyree play they prob could have flagged two giants offensive linemen for holding to go along with what you already mentioned about the play......the missed welker throw in the 2nd game....the penalty on ninkovich.....elis perfect throw to manningham.....the patriots were about 4 inches away from being unbeaten in superbowls in the belichick/brady era.......i can only imagine the level of hurt that would have caused some....

• Like 1

you seem like a prime example of the type of person i was alluding to

im 36...been a pats fan my whole life...season ticket holder.....i grew up in southern RI on the coast...on the RI/CT border...growing up there were so many kids who were fans of other teams growing up around me because it wasnt fun or cool to be a pats fan.....and just in general being in the area where alot of giants fans were.....

i cant tell you...to this day...the hate giants fans have for the patriots....and im not exactly sure why....it kind of puzzles me...the giants got the best of the pats twice....becamse famous for it...and yet somehow they hate us more than we hate them.....alot of them hate to see us happy

lets not forget merriweather and samuel both dropping ints on that drive(both very catchable)....and on the tyree play they prob could have flagged two giants offensive linemen for holding to go along with what you already mentioned about the play......the missed welker throw in the 2nd game....the penalty on ninkovich.....elis perfect throw to manningham.....the patriots were about 4 inches away from being unbeaten in superbowls in the belichick/brady era.......i can only imagine the level of hurt that would have caused some....

That ball was catchable! :mad:

you seem like a prime example of the type of person i was alluding to

im 36...been a pats fan my whole life...season ticket holder.....i grew up in southern RI on the coast...on the RI/CT border...growing up there were so many kids who were fans of other teams growing up around me because it wasnt fun or cool to be a pats fan.....and just in general being in the area where alot of giants fans were.....

i cant tell you...to this day...the hate giants fans have for the patriots....and im not exactly sure why....it kind of puzzles me...the giants got the best of the pats twice....becamse famous for it...and yet somehow they hate us more than we hate them.....alot of them hate to see us happy

No hate for the Pats. Why would I? I'm not from some RI slapdik town that doesn't exist after Labor Day.

Of course let's leave out the Giants ragdolling Brady both times, and the Giants clutch catches like Steve Smiths on 3 and 11. It was all luck. And don't forget the genius BB not taking the field goal before the half and throwin a bomb instead. And blitzing Eli down by the goal line. Could have told you that was going to Plax and they had no chance.

I'm going to defend my Bills here, not that I'm a huge fan or it ruins my week when they lose. The only thing that ruins my week is losing in Fantasy, otherwise I don't really gaf.

Anyways, you have to consider something. This Bills team that hasn't made the playoffs in 17 years now was just recently purchased by the Pegula family, who also purchased the Sabres btw. Terry Pegula is committed to winning, so this team is now only in year 3 of a complete rebuilding process. Prior to that, you had a very old and frail Ralph Wilson who essentially was not running his own team for about 10 years. His kids were, and 2 out of 3 of them wanted the team to do poorly so they could move the team to a more lucrative market without too much fuss.

So for a team that's in year 3 of a rebuild, I don't think they are "hopeless". Tyrod is pretty good, but it remains to be seen if, with the right weapons, he has the skills to be a champion. I doubt it, but since you have to go 2 and 14 to have a chance at a top rookie QB, or sacrifice your first child and a bajillion draft picks to trade up, franchise QB's these days are really hard to come by so we have little choice but to build a team around the guy.

I don't like Rex and Rob, and I say they get maybe one more year to make the playoffs or they are gone. Injuries have been a problem two years running, which is a major problem for a rebuilding team with little to no depth. It was really unfortunate that we lost our top 2 draft picks this year who were supposed to bolster an up and coming defense. Shaq is back, so that's good, and we just got Darius back, so I'd expect this defense to pick it up over the second half.

On offense we are just decimated though. We're at least a wide receiver or two and a couple of linemen away from having a really solid go at it. McCoy is 28 this year, so that gives us 2 years to get our together, maybe. Hopeless? No, just rebuilding.

No hate for the Pats. Why would I? I'm not from some RI slapdik town that doesn't exist after Labor Day.

U don't make much sense most of the time .....u went from trying to tell us the oats are successful because if their crap division to telling me that teams that dominate divisions all seem to have HoF qbs....ur telling me that if u were from a slap ri town u would hate the patriots?...almost seems what u were implying ...do u know that kraft and Gronk hang out in this town and Taylor Swift has a home here? Which is next to a 500 million dollar hotel?

U make some good points ...the pats weren't flawless and the giants made some real tough plays ....no question....but they are mostly an afterthought(which is why I think giants fans are still bitter toward the oats....2 victors and still an afterthought)...Coughlin was on his way out both times and Eli might have been in his way out st least once...,couple of inches here and there and Eli prob not in NY and his career is a disappointment ...,couple of nice runs ....some real nice plays....but no sustainable excellence

• Like 1

U don't make much sense most of the time .....u went from trying to tell us the oats are successful because if their crap division to telling me that teams that dominate divisions all seem to have HoF qbs....ur telling me that if u were from a slap ###### ri town u would hate the patriots?...almost seems what u were implying ...do u know that kraft and Gronk hang out in this town and Taylor Swift has a home here? Which is next to a 500 million dollar hotel?

U make some good points ...the pats weren't flawless and the giants made some real tough plays ....no question....but they are mostly an afterthought(which is why I think giants fans are still bitter toward the oats....2 victors and still an afterthought)...Coughlin was on his way out both times and Eli might have been in his way out st least once...,couple of inches here and there and Eli prob not in NY and his career is a disappointment ...,couple of nice runs ....some real nice plays....but no sustainable excellence

So saying the Patriots play in a crap division equals hate for them now? Thin skinned pats fans at it again. I know most teams fans don't have much to say, the pats fans can always throw their success against them in their face. Not us though. And instead of just saying fair play to the Giants, well done, it's always about luck. Well, believe it or not, the Pats have had many instances of good fortune go their way, like every champion does. Playing in a crap division is one of them. Doesn't mean they haven't been great, but they have their fair share of chokes and blunders. I can list their lucky breaks if you would like, as well as their f-ups. There are many.

So saying the Patriots play in a crap division equals hate for them now? Thin skinned pats fans at it again. I know most teams fans don't have much to say, the pats fans can always throw their success against them in their face. Not us though. And instead of just saying fair play to the Giants, well done, it's always about luck. Well, believe it or not, the Pats have had many instances of good fortune go their way, like every champion does. Playing in a crap division is one of them. Doesn't mean they haven't been great, but they have their fair share of chokes and blunders. I can list their lucky breaks if you would like, as well as their f-ups. There are many.

It may appear pats fans have thin skin...but it's prob cause most of the rest of America thinks they only win gsmes because they deflate balls and video tape signals and pats fans constantly have to defend against this ridiculousness

Sure...winning a championship always involves some luck ...some calls ...avoiding key injuries at the worst time....he difference being that the pats are perennial super bowl contenders and alot of teams struggle to make playoffs on a yearly basis...the pats are always in position to make a run....teams like the giants are inconsistent and volatile

THE bar is set high for them....failure to do one of the hardest things to do in sports often leads others to call it a failure or a blunder

You seem to have a hard time giving them credit for anything ....

Anyways...have a good one

I am a victim of "Bill Buckner", so, nothing hurts to badly anymore.

I am a victim of "Bill Buckner", so, nothing hurts to badly anymore.

i wasnt alluding to "hurt" for new englanders...im saying had the pats beaten the giants twice, and they were close, they might not have enough rescue workers to recover the floating bodies?

victim of buckner? man you arent over that by now? 3 world series titles in 10 years? the sox could never win another one the rest of my life and im more than ok with it....the pats though? i want more

Another Patriots hater post? hates us cuz you ain't us.

Who is your hometeam with this super hard division that's awful this year, The Browns?

i wasnt alluding to "hurt" for new englanders...im saying had the pats beaten the giants twice, and they were close, they might not have enough rescue workers to recover the floating bodies?

victim of buckner? man you arent over that by now? 3 world series titles in 10 years? the sox could never win another one the rest of my life and im more than ok with it....the pats though? i want more

Over that? Oh yea. It was just a lesson that nothing is for sure. I don't blame Buckner anyways, as the manager McNamara left him in the game longer than he had been playing all season. Due to his bad ankles, he would play to the 7th or 8th inning and Stapleton (if I remember right) would finish. McNamara was in way over his head as the manager.

As far as SB stunners go, I know a lot of Seahawks' fans are still upset about "the pass".

I think McNamara left Buckner in cause he wanted him to be on the field to "celebrate"... Oh well...lol

The pass? Ya terrible...but the pats were due for a good bounce ...I still can't believe butler held on to that thing

Oh well....let everyone hate