Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

question for the commishioners and anyone else

A trade went down 15 minutes before the kick off of the game on Sunday. Team A Will Fuller for Team B Brandin Cooks. Team A emailed it to the commish and the commish passed it no questions asked. The trade caused team B to lose and gave him a invalid roster costing him $10. Team A says team B made the offer and he accepted and forwarded the original email commish to make the trade official. Team B argues the trade offer was from week 5 and should not have been passed. Team A states that team B never said the offer was off the table and there was no expiration date on the original trade offer.

to sum it up

4 week old trade offer gets passed

what's your ruling on this?

Who does this stuff by email anymore?

If this was electronic, I'd have no problem with this move. It's actually smart and devious.

But since this is basically pen and paper, very shady and bad move by the commish and other guy. I don't think you need to say, "The trade is off the table." The other guy would need to contact the guy that offered it and say, "I accept." Then it would move forward. You don't get offered a trade and then go straight to the commish. You tell the guy that offered it, I accept, then go to the commish. Bush league move.

Logic would dictate:

1. Offered made from team a to team b.

2. Team b replies to team a that he accepts.

3. Team a would go to commish to complete trade.

This loser side stepped step 2.

If this was electronic, there is no step #2 needed and it's a great move. i had a guy in my league offer Rivers a couple years back, never retracted it. My RB he wanted went down, I accepted the trade. He laughed about it, he knew it was his fault for not retracting it on the site.

• Like 1

Just my instant reactions..

You're playing in a league with a bunch of incompetent a-holes.

What kind of 1980's a$$ backwards league set up do you have?

Normal leagues have auto expiration on trade offers for a reason.

Team A sounds like a terrible person.

Your commish sounds like an idiot. How can you not see how forcing a trade through without both parties being aware, and causing an illegal lineup is the commish fault.

The trade should be undone by the commish and team A should be kicked out for being so unethical in all this.

Yahoo processes trades at the same time as it processes waiver claims, which means you'll see odd times like 3:42 AM or 5:00 AM used as the time stamp for a trade. The result is that a reasonable amount of time is allowed for the parties to a trade to note any holes in their lineup that may have been created by the swap and make adjustments. Manually triggering a trade 15 minutes before kickoff is poor practice that invites headaches that a commissioner will wish he didn't have to spend time unraveling and resolving.

Yahoo processes trades at the same time as it processes waiver claims, which means you'll see odd times like 3:42 AM or 5:00 AM used as the time stamp for a trade. The result is that a reasonable amount of time is allowed for the parties to a trade to note any holes in their lineup that may have been created by the swap and make adjustments. Manually triggering a trade 15 minutes before kickoff is poor practice that invites headaches that a commissioner will wish he didn't have to spend time unraveling and resolving.

Why would you want trades on a damn schedule? I offer, guy accepts, it goes through immediately. I don't have time to wait for a trade window. What if you need to make moves based on the trade, you have to sit around waiting? That is dumb.

Why would you want trades on a damn schedule? I offer, guy accepts, it goes through immediately. I don't have time to wait for a trade window. What if you need to make moves based on the trade, you have to sit around waiting? That is dumb.

Well, it's standard practice at Yahoo which runs in the neighborhood of several hundred thousand leagues.. So if you're targeting a guy you want in your lineup on Sunday, you should be shopping your offers on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Edit: The 2-3 day delay allows other league members to vote against a trade if enough of them feel it's suspicious or unfair.

I wouldn't accept this trade as a commish.

If there is no automatic setting for it to expire then I usually say it expires with the games being played that week.

I have had to rule on a couple of trades over the years that go between weeks and it is usually something pretty far fetched.

One was a new player claimed he made a mistake accepting a trade and it went past the weekend before he told me about it.

Obviously that didn't fly even though I actually believe he made an honest mistake. I said I couldn't do anything due to the weeks changing and games being played.

I think it's a good rule to go by and it makes sense IMO.

A trade went down 15 minutes before the kick off of the game on Sunday. Team A Will Fuller for Team B Brandin Cooks. Team A emailed it to the commish and the commish passed it no questions asked. The trade caused team B to lose and gave him a invalid roster costing him $10. Team A says team B made the offer and he accepted and forwarded the original email commish to make the trade official. Team B argues the trade offer was from week 5 and should not have been passed. Team A states that team B never said the offer was off the table and there was no expiration date on the original trade offer.

to sum it up

4 week old trade offer gets passed

what's your ruling on this?

I concur with polecat. I have a specific rule regarding trades outside of our website that I need confirmation communications from BOTH owners.

Even outside of that rule, a simple look at the date on the offer should have prompted your commish to reach out to the other owner. It's one thing to leave an offer standing on the league website, but to take an email from 4 weeks ago and assume both parties have the same interest is an example of a commish not doing his job in my opinion.

Well, it's standard practice at Yahoo which runs in the neighborhood of several hundred thousand leagues.. So if you're targeting a guy you want in your lineup on Sunday, you should be shopping your offers on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Edit: The 2-3 day delay allows other league members to vote against a trade if enough of them feel it's suspicious or unfair.

League votes, dumb also.

Thats complete BS, the trade should not be valid from an email 4 weeks ago, cmon now. In 2010 I lost the championship when a trade I offered got verbally declined but then accepted a few days later when I had not physically taken it down and the players values shifted. That makes more sense than some email from weeks ago.

If this is some old trade that was not validated by both owners yesterday, it seems like a pretty obvious attempt at scumbaggery. The trade should be deleted.

This makes no sense. You dont use any sort of website to handle your trades? And if you do, either have them process immediately when accepted, or after x amount of time passes for it to be voted on, which should be predetermined.

I'm stunned that there are still sites out there that don't handle the trades automagically. Underhanded by Team A and pretty bush league by Commish. So my question to the OP is this: "How you enjoying Will Fuller?"

j/k. In my leagues, there's no way I let this go through...

trades go through in my leagues on yahoo as soon as someone clicks accept trade