31 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

If you know it will reach a million, then you have to put everything you have into bitcoin, unless you're either a poosay or retarded.  So which is it, you're retarded, you're a poosay, or you're full of sh!t?

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

If you know it will reach a million, then you have to put everything you have into bitcoin, unless you're either a poosay or retarded.  So which is it, you're retarded, you're a poosay, or you're full of sh!t?

I put over half of all of my investment money into bitcoin. Idk when it will reach a million, but it will most likely double this year. I have the other half in stocks that I am playing with. Its ok simpleton, when bitcoin is worth well over 100k, you will wonder why you were such a dip shlt for not getting in earlier. ##### idiot 😂.

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I put over half of all of my investment money into bitcoin. Idk when it will reach a million, but it will most likely double this year. I have the other half in stocks that I am playing with. Its ok simpleton, when bitcoin is worth well over 100k, you will wonder why you were such a dip shlt for not getting in earlier. ##### idiot 😂.

OK so you're a poosay.

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I'm with you I think bitcoin will double this year. But there are no guarantees in life. As far as crypto goes 50% is in bitcoin, 30% is in etherium and 20% is in ALT coins. Due to how much it has increased crypto is now half my gross net worth. The other half is in stocks, bonds, land, gold, and magic the gathering.

People mock it and that's fine. We are still early and people need more time to understand it.

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Bitcoin will be worth over $1m / coin eventually. You obviously haven't read anything legitimate on bitcoin. In the future when bitcoin is considered one of the more stable and important currencies, people will ask themselves, Why didn't I at least just put $1k into it?

It'll never be a currency.  It's not scalable enough.  The best you could hope for is a store of value similar to gold.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm with you I think bitcoin will double this year. But there are no guarantees in life. As far as crypto goes 50% is in bitcoin, 30% is in etherium and 20% is in ALT coins. Due to how much it has increased crypto is now half my gross net worth. The other half is in stocks, bonds, land, gold, and magic the gathering.

People mock it and that's fine. We are still early and people need more time to understand it.

There is a difference between thinking and knowing.  Nobody knows sh!t.

Just now, nobody said:

It'll never be a currency.  It's not scalable enough.  The best you could hope for is a store of value similar to gold.

I agree with this also. It's not a currency. Same way gold isn't a currency.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

There is a difference between thinking and knowing.  Nobody knows sh!t.

True nobody knows the future. But I think it's very probable BTC goes to 100-150k this year.

43 minutes ago, nobody said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Right now its inefficient, but the lightning network is making micro transactions more feasible. Plus programmers are working on more efficient systems for transactions constantly. Or bitcoin is the storage and Satoshi's are the currency. Whatever it is, its going to still grow exponentially in value.

How many people thought it couldn't get to 60k? Its at 60k and look at how small the adoption is globally still. 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Why were you a  dipsh!t for not getting into apple or amazon when they were 1/2 the price they are at now?

Seriously.  Don't give some c0ckamamy answer.  Tell us an honest answer why you didn't get to those investments while they were 1/2 what they are now?

Lemme guess. You didn't like the idea of only doubling your money? lol

If you were as smart as you are coming off to be....telling everyone what the right investments are...you'd be a multi-millionaire. 

Are you?

Just now, tubby_mcgee said:

Why were you a  dipsh!t for not getting into apple or amazon when they were 1/2 the price they are at now?

I wasn't investing money at the time. I literally just started buying stocks last November. I never sat there and told peope Amazon and Apple can't get to where they are at now though.

The idiocy is thinking that bitcoin isn't for real. There are a lot of really smart people working to enhance bitcoin and everything crypto. Kids are going to grow up in a world where they don't remember how money worked before crypto. They will really push crypto forward. Get on now before it really is too late to grow your money very easily. Like I said, $1k will make you a nice return if you just let it sit

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

I wasn't investing money at the time.

Uhh...and how old are you?

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Like I said, $1k will make you a nice return if you just let it sit

You don't know that. 
And I have invested.  I'm okay.

Just now, tubby_mcgee said:

You don't know that. 
And I have invested.  I'm okay.

Whatever. I am speaking in general. 1k isn't much in the grand scheme of someone's earnings. If someone doesn't think crypto has a shot at having value in the future, they are either completely ignorant or just a dumb fock

Whatever. I am speaking in general. 1k isn't much in the grand scheme of someone's earnings. If someone doesn't think crypto has a shot at having value in the future, they are either completely ignorant or just a dumb fock

It has a shot, sure.  Being 100% certain it reaches a million bucks, well that;'s just dumb.

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I wasn't investing money at the time. I literally just started buying stocks last November. I never sat there and told peope Amazon and Apple can't get to where they are at now though.

The idiocy is thinking that bitcoin isn't for real. There are a lot of really smart people working to enhance bitcoin and everything crypto. Kids are going to grow up in a world where they don't remember how money worked before crypto. They will really push crypto forward. Get on now before it really is too late to grow your money very easily. Like I said, $1k will make you a nice return if you just let it sit

It's really hard to explain the future in the present. It's like explaining to people in the 90s how important the internet is going to be. At that time they think big whoop I can send an email and read a news article. They can't fathom how important the internet is today. How every business, school, and life is done online.

That's crypto and the projects being built. it's the internet 2.0

I'm just starting to understand NFTs it's taken me a while but I see HUGE potential in them from art, music to property transfers.

Smart people built communications tools and business around the internet. Those who didn't got left behind.

@Frozenbeernuts I see that you're new to investing just know there will be a retracement. It happens in every sector and crypto is no different. In fact because we are so early in the life cycle it's even more volatile. So unless you're willing to hold through it I suggest you take profits. I don't, but I could lose it all and nothing about my life changes. I'm will to take a chance on life-changing money.

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

@Frozenbeernuts I see that you're new to investing just know there will be a retracement. It happens in every sector and crypto is no different. In fact because we are so early in the life cycle it's even more volatile. So unless you're willing to hold through it I suggest you take profits. I don't, but I could lose it all and nothing about my life changes. I'm will to take a chance on life-changing money.

I think there definitely will be. The cycle of bitcoin has been pretty consistent. There will be ups and downs. Im in for the long haul but not opposed to taking profits

I think there definitely will be. The cycle of bitcoin has been pretty consistent. There will be ups and downs. Im in for the long haul but not opposed to taking profits

Personally I don't think btc and eth will retrace as much as they have in past cycles. This time is different (people always say this). but this time it's true. Institutional investors are here. The market is no longer dictated by the retail soft hands investor. Companies like Microstrategy, black rock, tesla etc... will not sell during a dip. 

Very exciting times. What does your cyrpto portfolio look like? 

Here's my crypto portfolio, what % of my crypto portfolio it is, and what I'm doing with it. Because ETH made a move this past week it really jacked up my % holding and reduced my BTC%.

BTC    31% - Currently earning 6% APY
ETH    27% - Currently earning 5.05% APY
THETA    9% - Staked on the theta network earning TFuel
DOT    6% - Currently earning 12% APY
ADA    11% - Currently earning 7% APY
VET    14% - Currently earning 2% APY
CRO    0.08% - Currently earning 30% APY
BNB    0.81% - Just sitting there
CELR    0.001% - Trying to figure out how to stake this
EGLD    0.22% - Currently earning 6% APY
RVN    0.001% - Just sitting there
STMX    0.001% - Just sitting there
TFUEL    0.02% - Just sitting there

why everyone doesn't invest every cent they have in BC is beyond me. it is no lose

37 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Personally I don't think btc and eth will retrace as much as they have in past cycles. This time is different (people always say this). but this time it's true. Institutional investors are here. The market is no longer dictated by the retail soft hands investor. Companies like Microstrategy, black rock, tesla etc... will not sell during a dip. 

Very exciting times. What does your cyrpto portfolio look like? 

Its very limited. Btc, eth, bnb, and bat. I was going to buy btt before it spiked last week, but the us binance site didn't have it.

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Its very limited. Btc, eth, bnb, and bat. I was going to buy btt before it spiked last week, but the us binance site didn't have it.

what about deez?

18 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I've used simpleswap.io for coins like THETA

44 minutes ago, edjr said:

why everyone doesn't invest every cent they have in BC is beyond me. it is no lose

Yep.  Everyone wins .  

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Right now its inefficient, but the lightning network is making micro transactions more feasible. Plus programmers are working on more efficient systems for transactions constantly. Or bitcoin is the storage and Satoshi's are the currency. Whatever it is, its going to still grow exponentially in value.

How many people thought it couldn't get to 60k? Its at 60k and look at how small the adoption is globally still. 

People aren't going to adopt it in mass.  It's too inefficient.  What'll probably happen is some smart people will come up with an implementation that is efficient and scalable and they'll figure out a way to horde it for themselves.

Bitcoin is the MySpace of cryptocurrency.  You need to get through the friendster implementation and then the Facebook implementation will be the real crypto to own, so you'll need to buy in to all of the promising new coins when they come out to stay ahead of the game. 

21 minutes ago, nobody said:

People aren't going to adopt it in mass.  It's too inefficient.  What'll probably happen is some smart people will come up with an implementation that is efficient and scalable and they'll figure out a way to horde it for themselves.

Bitcoin is the MySpace of cryptocurrency.  You need to get through the friendster implementation and then the Facebook implementation will be the real crypto to own, so you'll need to buy in to all of the promising new coins when they come out to stay ahead of the game. 

XRP for the first part

You're wrong about the second part.

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

XRP for the first part

You're wrong about the second part.

The powers that be aren't going to let average joe's get wealthy off of crypto.  The government or some corporation will figure out a way to take that for themselves.  They'll either dilute it somehow or come up with a brand new system and leave Bitcoin out in the cold.  To me that's one of the draw backs of crypto.  Some 13 year old in sweden can just create a currency not backed by anything and if everyone decides to use it, the crypto in your wallet tanks.  

National currency is fiat as well, but it's backed by infrastructure, military, banks, etc.  Crypto is backed by computer code.  Not quite the same rigor there.

9 minutes ago, nobody said:

1. The powers that be aren't going to let average joe's get wealthy off of crypto.  2.The government or some corporation will figure out a way to take that for themselves.  3. They'll either dilute it somehow or come up with a brand new system and leave Bitcoin out in the cold.  4. To me that's one of the draw backs of crypto.  Some 13 year old in sweden can just create a currency not backed by anything and if everyone decides to use it, the crypto in your wallet tanks.  

5. National currency is fiat as well, but it's backed by infrastructure, military, banks, etc.  Crypto is backed by computer code.  Not quite the same rigor there.

1. Why not? It's something else they can tax. And the powers that be are telling and have been telling people for years not to buy. We've learned those same people/corporations have been buying for a very long time. They are already in the game and building their position while telling the common man not to. You cna see this in some of the SEC filings.

2. Corporations are buying billions of dollars of bitcoin. That's no exaggeration. Billion and billions.  As for governments most of us expect governments to move to a cryptocurrency they create to be used as a currency. True, they will NEVER allow btc to be used as a currency, but a store of value they have no problem with.

3.  You can't dilute bitcoin, and there has been brand new systems litecoin, bitcoin cash, bitcoin SV. There is only one bitcoin and people/governments/corporations mentioned above will not randomly jump to something new when they've invested so much into bitcoin.

4. I mean sure, but that's not going to happen. Let's be realistic here. 

5. National currency is fiat, period. Crypto is not fiat. Both are backed by the belief that it has value. One is hard coded to never have more than 21 million coins and can be broken down to the one hundredth million satoshi. The other has failed thousands of times in other countries and currently in the US more has been printed in the last 10 years than the 200+ years this nation has been around. Bitcoin is digital gold and it's a million times better than gold. It will overtake gold as the dominant store of value.

4 hours ago, edjr said:

If I bought in again it would tank, fact. 

Fiat currency is any currency not backed by a hard asset.  Crypto is definitely fiat.

Bitcoin will not be the currency, Satoshi's will be. If the US bans bitcoin they will be left out of the crypto universe to come. Do they then ban all crypto coins that didn't come from the US gov? Good luck with that, and good luck competing with the countries that embraced bitcoin.

43 minutes ago, nobody said:

Fiat currency is any government currency not backed by a hard asset.  Crypto is definitely fiat.

FTFY

Satoshis are bitcoins.  It's like saying pennies aren't US currency only dollars are.

And yes the US will indeed likely ban Bitcoin at some point and come up with it's own digital currency.  

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

FTFY

For our purposes, it's fiat currency.  Ie, not backed by anything, but if you want to argue the semantics of the word fiat, I didn't go look up the webster's dictionary definition.  I would argue that the main point of calling a currency fiat is to say it's not backed by gold or silver.  That's obviously the point here.  Not that it's government issued.

27 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Bitcoin will not be the currency, Satoshi's will be. If the US bans bitcoin they will be left out of the crypto universe to come. Do they then ban all crypto coins that didn't come from the US gov? Good luck with that, and good luck competing with the countries that embraced bitcoin.

Neither will be. For the same reason, people don't walk around with gold bars and shave off what they need when making a transaction. The US isn't going to ban bitcoin. They are going to regulate it (even more than they already have) for sure but they won't ban it.

As I said central banks will, with the backing of the US government create a cryptocurrency that actually works like a currency. Maybe they use USDC or USDT(unlikely) or more likely create their own. This, of course, maybe a world currency to. I don't know. But I know it's going to tick off a lot of people and get the conspiracy theorist rolling.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

For our purposes, it's fiat currency.  Ie, not backed by anything, but if you want to argue the semantics of the word fiat, I didn't go look up the webster's dictionary definition.  I would argue that the main point of calling a currency fiat is to say it's not backed by gold or silver.  That's obviously the point here.  Not that it's government issued.

No bitcoin is not fiat currency. You're literally the only person who I have ever heard say this and a simple google search will tell you it's not. 

And no the US is not going to ban bitcoin. They figuring out how to classify it for sure but they are not going to ban it because bitcoin is no threat to the USD just like gold isn't a threat to the USD.