2 minutes ago, nobody said:

My point is that if you're buying bitcoin, you should recognize that it's highly speculative and can go down.  The rest is just chatting. 

What sucked me in was the very wrong statement that bitcoin will be a stable currnecy.  I think part of what kept drawing me in is the hostility and offense at the thought that bitcoin won't just go to a million a coin.  My read on that is the people aren't confident in the investment or are overextended and are probably trying to make themselves feel better by convincing other people that it's going to the moon.  They want the validation, but in reality they're trying to convince themselves.  If someone is confident, they don't get offended if someone disagrees.  They just shrug and move on.  I was picking at that a bit because I thought it was an interesting conversation.

Using the same tired arguments people used in 2017 isn't a debate. You have no clue, especially when you use the "bubble" in 2017 to prove a point, only to be shown that bitcoin has actually increased 3x from its top in 2017/2018 to now.

My argument isn't that it will be 1M for sure, but just that it has so much support right now, even being in the relatively early stages, that it's a very safe investment right now as far as invest able assets go.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

My point is that if you're buying bitcoin, you should recognize that it's highly speculative and can go down.  The rest is just chatting. 

What sucked me in was the very wrong statement that bitcoin will be a stable currnecy.  I think part of what kept drawing me in is the hostility and offense at the thought that bitcoin won't just go to a million a coin.  My read on that is the people aren't confident in the investment or are overextended and are probably trying to make themselves feel better by convincing other people that it's going to the moon.  They want the validation, but in reality they're trying to convince themselves.  If someone is confident, they don't get offended if someone disagrees.  They just shrug and move on.  I was picking at that a bit because I thought it was an interesting conversation.

Yeah anyone who post here knows that, well maybe not peenie. You're not brining up anything new. We know.

I do agree with you that bitcoin will never be a currency. And argued against that earlier in this thread.

11 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

That's literally every single investment ever. There are ups and downs. Amazon's price crashed over 90% at one point. At this point you are either trolling or have no idea how investing works

For every Amazon there are 1000 pets.com.  It's foolish to keep saying, "Well Amazon rose a gazllion percent so bitcoin will too".  Amazon stock rose a gazillion because it's ownership of a company that makes billions of dollars.  Oil is used to create energy.  Gold/Paintings are beautiful.

There is nothing that you can do with bitcoin, except sell it to someone else, or pay a mold inspector, but theoretically you can pay a mold inspector with anything he will accept, including a box of my sh!t if he finds it valuable.

Investment bubbles exist.  Some pop and never come back.

Will bitcoin be worth $1M some day?  Sure maybe.  But it could also be worth $1.

11 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

it's a very safe investment right now as far as invest able assets go.

This is just dumb.  Even the whales that say bitcoin will double or triple acknowledge that it's a speculative play.  There is nothing safe about it.

45 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

For every Amazon there are 1000 pets.com.  It's foolish to keep saying, "Well Amazon rose a gazllion percent so bitcoin will too".  Amazon stock rose a gazillion because it's ownership of a company that makes billions of dollars.  Oil is used to create energy.  Gold/Paintings are beautiful.

There is nothing that you can do with bitcoin, except sell it to someone else, or pay a mold inspector, but theoretically you can pay a mold inspector with anything he will accept, including a box of my sh!t if he finds it valuable.

Investment bubbles exist.  Some pop and never come back.

Will bitcoin be worth $1M some day?  Sure maybe.  But it could also be worth $1.

Only if it's fresh.  

15 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Impossible. The board experts on the crypto bubble know way more than these financial institutions

I'm just glad that financial institutions have never been wrong before, so we should be good to go here.  TO THE MOON!

13 hours ago, nobody said:

And when they are feeling insecure, they post links to articles supporting their argument. :lol:

27 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

And when they are feeling insecure, they post links to articles supporting their argument. :lol:

You do know you're in a crypto thread right? I'm trying to get back on target here. This will be my last reply to you in this thread.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

You do know you're in a crypto thread right? I'm trying to get back on target here. This will be my last reply to you in this thread.

No it won't, because you don't have the balls to stop replying.  You're a poosy.  And you'll be broke when bitcoin crashes.  I feel sorry for your family.  I'll take care of your wife and my kids when time comes.

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are the haters that way just because they've been missing out on making money for so long?

I'm not a hater, just a skeptic

5 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are the haters that way just because they've been missing out on making money for so long?

Statistics show these people lost out on gains, think that technology has peaked, and have micro pemus syndrome.

My problem is I'm an engineer and I actually look at how things work.  That and I have a micro penìs.  And I'm very, very ugly.

9 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

https://www.coindesk.com/podcasts/coindesk-podcast-network/bloomberg-bullish-bitcoin-rising-adoption-tide

A new Bloomberg report argues bitcoin is replacing gold more rapidly than expected.

Are there any people with a reputation with being knowledgeable in the financial sector that think Bitcoin isnt a good investment? 

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Are there any people with a reputation with being knowledgeable in the financial sector that think Bitcoin isnt a good investment? 

Peter Schiff is a pretty famous gold bug who hates bitcoin. 

Rumor going around is Walmart just bought 1 billion dollars worth of Bitcoin.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Rumor going around is Walmart just bought 1 billion dollars worth of Bitcoin.

That's big

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The rumor is they finally bought and are announcing next month.

Exodus Wallet has been offering an IPO. 

Has anyone else looked into this?

41 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

I was kidding. 

Anytime someone posts a link for nearly ANYTHING citing "how good or bad it is" there is another link citing the opposite. 

Creatine is bad for you. 
Energy drinks will kill you.
Bitcoin is the answer.
Etc
Etc
Etc

6 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I was kidding. 

Anytime someone posts a link for nearly ANYTHING citing "how good or bad it is" there is another link citing the opposite. 

Creatine is bad for you. 
Energy drinks will kill you.
Bitcoin is the answer.
Etc
Etc
Etc

Oh sorry.

But yeah, anyone is who is arguing a side, posts a link supporting their argument, "SEE I'M RIGHT!" :lol:

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

Oh sorry.

But yeah, anyone is who is arguing a side, posts a link supporting their argument, "SEE I'M RIGHT!" :lol:

Yep, and your link is wrong.  You picked the wrong link to believe, bruh.  lol.

A rising tide raises all boats. ALTs are going crazy and even bitcoin is moving up.

Coinbase $COIN is now public. I bought in at $423

I bought in to COIN a bit and it’s tanking😂. The biggest stock release in recent history and I am bringing it to its knees with 1 measly grand investment. That’s the power I wield.

20 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I bought in to COIN a bit and it’s tanking😂. The biggest stock release in recent history and I am bringing it to its knees with 1 measly grand investment. That’s the power I wield.

Yup I thought I would get a day or two pump. Not a complete collapse. 

I’m dead serious when I say this...PayPal me 2k and I will sell my few shares of COIN. As soon as I sell you can excpect a whirlwind rebound tomorrow. You can make infinite gains off of this. This once in a lifetime offer goes to the first one to agree and send. Again, dead serious, I wield powers of time and space. 

21 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’m dead serious when I say this...PayPal me 2k and I will sell my few shares of COIN. As soon as I sell you can excpect a whirlwind rebound tomorrow. You can make infinite gains off of this. This once in a lifetime offer goes to the first one to agree and send. Again, dead serious, I wield powers of time and space. 

SELL!!!!!

Do the people like coinbase or some other platform?  Maybe the Bitcoin investors have all their money tied up in crypto already and don't have the extra money to buy coinbase.  I'm surprised it's not taking off even though it's overvalued.  That usually doesn't matter.  It makes me think that crypto investors are either out of money or don't like coinbase as a platform.

Ouch on coinbase open. If you had gotten in at 250 you would be looking great.

I will wait for a base to form if I invest in it at all

35 minutes ago, nobody said:

Do the people like coinbase or some other platform?  Maybe the Bitcoin investors have all their money tied up in crypto already and don't have the extra money to buy coinbase.  I'm surprised it's not taking off even though it's overvalued.  That usually doesn't matter.  It makes me think that crypto investors are either out of money or don't like coinbase as a platform.

Most serious crypto investors who have been in the market for a while hate coinbase. They do shady sh1t for the big companies.

I don't use them and only reason I bought some was I think it will be $800 by the end of the year.

14 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Most serious crypto investors who have been in the market for a while hate coinbase. They do shady sh1t for the big companies.

I don't use them and only reason I bought some was I think it will be $800 by the end of the year.

Off to a great start

5 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't think there are lockup periods with direct listings, so this might have been all the people trying to realize gains cashing out.  It'll probably go up once they all get shaken out.

I highly recommend you go and listen to the last episode of the Investors Podcast with Greg Foss. I hope everyone here gets in on bitcoin while its early. I also can't wait to hear from the people who didn't get in asking, why didn't I get in when I could.

Its not just about bitcoin appreciating, it's about the dollar depreciating drastically. The among of debt the US has is spiraling and there is no end in sight

• Like 1