3 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Hello

im sorry i missed your post on the 8th. It would have got a heart or trophy emoticon from me :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Okay, I'm back in at $10/week on Robinhood. :dunno:

I remember there being some question about whether you actually own your BTC on Robinhood, but since you can transfer in and out of the account, I can't see how you could not:dunno: 

Also in the FAQ, Robinhood says they "believe" you own it. :dunno: 

17 hours ago, Mookz said:

Okay, I'm back in at $10/week on Robinhood. :dunno:

I remember there being some question about whether you actually own your BTC on Robinhood, but since you can transfer in and out of the account, I can't see how you could not:dunno: 

Also in the FAQ, Robinhood says they "believe" you own it. :dunno: 

I just went through this with Celsius. You do not own that bitcoin.

Once a month or when it hits a dollar threshold you wouldn't want to lose transfer it to a hot or cold storage wallet.

18 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I just went through this with Celsius. You do not own that bitcoin.

Once a month or when it hits a dollar threshold you wouldn't want to lose transfer it to a hot or cold storage wallet.

Oh, so I don't have any real rights to it while it's in Robinhood, but once transferred out of Robinhood, they have to pony up the actual BTC and then it is mine? 🤔

2 hours ago, Mookz said:

Oh, so I don't have any real rights to it while it's in Robinhood, but once transferred out of Robinhood, they have to pony up the actual BTC and then it is mine? 🤔

Correct. In Celsius even though all the docs said it was mine. The thief Alex Machinsky said multiple times in camera our coins belong to us. When he field chapter 11 they argued the coins belong to the Celius. And the court ruled they were. 

So that was pretty neat

57 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Correct. In Celsius even though all the docs said it was mine. The thief Alex Machinsky said multiple times in camera our coins belong to us. When he field chapter 11 they argued the coins belong to the Celius. And the court ruled they were. 

So that was pretty neat

Understood, and I can live with that!  Robinhood doesn't charge transaction fees (would have been 10% at Coinbase), so I'll buy there and then look into moving to cold storage or something. :thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Understood, and I can live with that!  Robinhood doesn't charge transaction fees (would have been 10% at Coinbase), so I'll buy there and then look into moving to cold storage or something. :thumbsup:

I use ledger for cold storage but there are other options.

Hot wallets like exodus and trust wallet are good free options too.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mookz said:

honestly I never even bothered to know that I could transfer crypto off of robinhood. The times I have used robinhood to trade ETH, I was just looking at it like a stock and didn't really care about my actual ether so to speak. I just wanted no fee's and to then pay my capital gains tax at the end of the day.   That is good to know though :thumbsup:

if I wanted to trade SOL though, i'd probably dust off my coinbase account that I have not used since my first ETH trade. Since SOL is not available on robinhood. 

Staking Polkadot is getting tough. You need to have enough bonded to earn rewards and that number keeps increasing every couple of days. I sold a little too much and now I'm barely keeping ahead.

On 1/10/2024 at 5:40 PM, Cdub100 said:

I'm on record we dump from here. 30s

Getting very close....

$40,000 is the median price over the last 3 years.  I think this is the base price to trade off of.  

A good point: gbtc set their fee at 1.5%. That's about 6-8x what the other etfs set their rate at. Barry Silbert steps down right before the etf launches. Gbtc bleeds bitcoin, they had 600k, to the other etfs. Possibly keeping the price subdued so that BlackRock isn't paying more than they have to

There is an obvious demand for the etfs since the amount of money that has come through is large for an etf.

Long term my bullishness hasn't changed. Buy bitcoin now because this is relatively cheap.

21 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

$40,000 is the median price over the last 3 years.  I think this is the base price to trade off of.  

I think we've leveled off and should start the climb into the halving.

I had to buy more dot today to keep up with the staking threshold. After the ded airdrop I'm gonna move it all into SOL if I hit that threshold again.

I’m still holding my Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. I was thinking I should sell them. Do you think they’ll ever go way back again?

31 minutes ago, peenie said:

I’m still holding my Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. I was thinking I should sell them. Do you think they’ll ever go way back again?

You should sell everything and buy Doge. Right now. Don't miss this opportunity.

47 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You should sell everything and buy Doge. Right now. Don't miss this opportunity.

Ummm, not doing that. I'm only going to hold or cash out.

4 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Twitter beent showing me a lot of Doge content lately for some reason.  Is it actually something?  Not just a meme/inside joke? 🤔

On 1/18/2024 at 8:13 PM, Alias Detective said:

On 1/19/2024 at 5:21 PM, Cdub100 said:

I think we've leveled off and should start the climb into the halving.

I had to buy more dot today to keep up with the staking threshold. After the ded airdrop I'm gonna move it all into SOL if I hit that threshold again.

What's this halving stuff you speak of?

10 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

What's this halving stuff you speak of?

I'm not sure if you're messing with me.

9 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm not sure if you're messing with me.

I'm really not messing but I wonder if the power of AI and regenerative AI will/can disrupt the "limited" supply of bitcoin.

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

I'm really not messing but I wonder if the power of AI and regenerative AI will/can disrupt the "limited" supply of bitcoin.

How could it?

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

How could it?

faster quicker everything....I don't know, just asking. 

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

faster quicker everything....I don't know, just asking. 

As the computers continue to get faster BTC difficulty algorithm is adjusted. It's also adjusted when the hash rate goes up (more people mining)

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

As the computers continue to get faster BTC difficulty algorithm is adjusted. It's also adjusted when the hash rate goes up (more people mining)

adjusted by whom?  I'm ignorant.

I ran an online store in the early days of bitcoin. It was stupid. I bought pokerstars playmoney chips and then flipped them. I had multiple sites. People would win ps playmoney chips and sell them to me and then I would turn around and sell them for a premium to a list of degenerate gamblers. It was like something out of fantasyland. The pokerstars playmoney chips had no actual value at all. You could only hold 20 million in your account so if you won more then it did not matter to you. These people started to want to pay in bitcoin around 2012 and I turned them down. I literally turned down MILLIONS of dollars. I could have bought probably 1-2k of them a week every week for years up till 2015 when poker stars changed the way they did things.  When I think about the missed opportunities in my life I look back on this one as the biggest. It would have been life changing to have access to that type of wealth. 

31 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I ran an online store in the early days of bitcoin. It was stupid. I bought pokerstars playmoney chips and then flipped them. I had multiple sites. People would win ps playmoney chips and sell them to me and then I would turn around and sell them for a premium to a list of degenerate gamblers. It was like something out of fantasyland. The pokerstars playmoney chips had no actual value at all. You could only hold 20 million in your account so if you won more then it did not matter to you. These people started to want to pay in bitcoin around 2012 and I turned them down. I literally turned down MILLIONS of dollars. I could have bought probably 1-2k of them a week every week for years up till 2015 when poker stars changed the way they did things.  When I think about the missed opportunities in my life I look back on this one as the biggest. It would have been life changing to have access to that type of wealth. 

On the other hand, you made some money selling worthless nonsense to idiots. :dunno:

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

but what are the chances you ever would have held that bitcoin until the time of the big runups? what are the chances you would have even held at all rather than converting them immediately, or as soon as you saw even a slight rise in their value? Considering you were probably running this online store to make money, it's probably unlikely you would have just chose to hold 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

adjusted by whom?  I'm ignorant.

The protocol within the code automatically adjusts it.

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

If it makes you feel any better. You probably would have sold long before it reached today's $s and you'd be kicking yourself for a different reason. 

I learned about Bitcoin in 2010. If I was at my old job I would have set up a minner in the company server room. But I switched to a new company... I too would have sold.

On 1/10/2024 at 5:40 PM, Cdub100 said:

I'm on record we dump from here. 30s

We made it! :banana::mellow:

Unreal. Wall Street is the master a manipulation. Blackrock and Fidelity are buying $433 million bitcoin per day on average, and yet the price is dumping.

Grayscale was set up to take the fall. It's fascinating to watch.

17 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Unreal. Wall Street is the master a manipulation. Blackrock and Fidelity are buying $433 million bitcoin per day on average, and yet the price is dumping.

Grayscale was set up to take the fall. It's fascinating to watch.

Wait, Bitcoin can’t be manipulated….and, you were told how it works in the real world.  You live in fairyland yet may catch lightning in a bottle.  But remember, you have to sell to catch anything.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

but what are the chances you ever would have held that bitcoin until the time of the big runups? what are the chances you would have even held at all rather than converting them immediately, or as soon as you saw even a slight rise in their value? Considering you were probably running this online store to make money, it's probably unlikely you would have just chose to hold 

Yea I was using the money to live but man just a few coins now would sure as hell be nice. 

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Wait, Bitcoin can’t be manipulated….and, you were told how it works in the real world.  You live in fairyland yet may catch lightning in a bottle.  But remember, you have to sell to catch anything.

You confuse the rules withe the $ valuation. You should know the difference. I never said the price can't be manipulated. The supply can't, but if you pay attention, you would notice what's happening with gbtc.

Dollar infinite, bitcoin finite. In the future, people will gladly exchange goods for bitcoin because it will be easy, and bitcoin will be very valuable.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

We made it! :banana::mellow:

You all may have your reasons, but the truth is it's because I dipped my toe back in. :nono:

sell sell sell :banana:

9 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

A friend won a writing contest many years ago and could either get 7 Bitcoin or $250. He asked me which he should choose. At the time it had no real value so I told him to take the cash. I have felt guilty about ever since. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 3:31 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Oh shlt that's brutal. Yeah hopefully it doesn't. I don't think it will be under that by the end of the month unfortunately.

He seems safe.

down 5k in 1 month. :o