Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Drafting from 7

So depending on Zeke's outcome, it's almost a guarantee these players will go 1-6:

DJ

Lev

Zeke

AB

OBJ

JJ

The 7th spot (or 6th if zeke's out for 6) is awful IMO. Nobody there excites me as a 1st rounder.

Mccoy

Freeman

Ajayi

Gordon

Evans

Jordy

AJ

if anyone's drafted from here, which way did you go, and what were you able to get in round 2?

OBJ will fall if someone is scared of the ankle. Pick him of so, and if not just flip a coin for top wr or RB on your board.

I just finished a 10 team .05 PPR @ the 8th spot. I took Freeman. Evans fell to me on the rebound. Took Zeke in the 3rd.

I like the start. I'll LOVE it if Zeke's suspension is reduced.

I waffled between Freeman & Gordon..never considered any one else.

I did good from this spot in my 12 team, standard scoring league 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1k, 1de. I took Ajayi. Don't like Gordon in pass happy offense especially w/ 2 TD scoring tight ends and some big receivers. I do like Freeman, had him last year, but that seemed like a ceiling season and he splits some carries especially inside the 10 that drove me crazy last year. McCoy I think maxed out there and the lack of a receiving threat there makes me think he will see more stacked boxes. I don't think Shady repeats. I really like J. Nelson here too, but I'm old school running back 1st. Ajayi played what 12 games, w/ 16 he can really put up #'s. I took Zeke in round 2 even w/ suspension looming. I look at this different I think from most. His 180 to 200 points will come in 9 weeks. You're not starting him for all the games. I picked up McFadden in round 8 to play behind the best o-line in football for 6 weeks, or more if Zeke gets hurt. Round 3 got Gronk, 4: Matt Ryan (our league is 6 for pass TD) and top 3 went fast. 5. Kelvin Benjamin 6. Fitzgerald. 7. Decker 8. McFadden 9. New England (really like them against offenses in AFC east, and there was a run on D's) 10. Kareem Hunt (ware's injury prior night only, you won't get him here) 11. Brandon Marshall 12. Jordan Matthews 13. Thomas Rawls 14. Chris Hogan 15. Brandon McManus. So no back up qb, but there is normally a bust or injury at one of the positions I can pick up a back up there, plus I really like Deshaun Watson who probably will sit a few weeks anyway. Now a team dropped Martavis Bryant I assume because she saw suspended next to his name, haha. I'm not sure which receiver to drop to get him: Decker, Jordan Matthews, Chris Hogan (I really like the ceiling on Hogan though). What do you think?

Freeman has been cranking production with only around 57 to 59 percent of total snap counts. That is really amazing and that tells me he is a great over-achiever. I would take him in a heartbeat in that slot over McCoy who is much older and prone to injuries....

If this is PPR then I would go Freeman, Jordy, then McCoy. With the lack of a star receiver on Buffalo, McCoy will have the box stacked against him often...

I did good from this spot in my 12 team, standard scoring league 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1k, 1de. I took Ajayi. Don't like Gordon in pass happy offense especially w/ 2 TD scoring tight ends and some big receivers. I do like Freeman, had him last year, but that seemed like a ceiling season and he splits some carries especially inside the 10 that drove me crazy last year. McCoy I think maxed out there and the lack of a receiving threat there makes me think he will see more stacked boxes. I don't think Shady repeats. I really like J. Nelson here too, but I'm old school running back 1st. Ajayi played what 12 games, w/ 16 he can really put up #'s. I took Zeke in round 2 even w/ suspension looming. I look at this different I think from most. His 180 to 200 points will come in 9 weeks. You're not starting him for all the games. I picked up McFadden in round 8 to play behind the best o-line in football for 6 weeks, or more if Zeke gets hurt. Round 3 got Gronk, 4: Matt Ryan (our league is 6 for pass TD) and top 3 went fast. 5. Kelvin Benjamin 6. Fitzgerald. 7. Decker 8. McFadden 9. New England (really like them against offenses in AFC east, and there was a run on D's) 10. Kareem Hunt (ware's injury prior night only, you won't get him here) 11. Brandon Marshall 12. Jordan Matthews 13. Thomas Rawls 14. Chris Hogan 15. Brandon McManus. So no back up qb, but there is normally a bust or injury at one of the positions I can pick up a back up there, plus I really like Deshaun Watson who probably will sit a few weeks anyway. Now a team dropped Martavis Bryant I assume because she saw suspended next to his name, haha. I'm not sure which receiver to drop to get him: Decker, Jordan Matthews, Chris Hogan (I really like the ceiling on Hogan though). What do you think?

If it were me, I'd drop Jordan.

I don't know if it's a ppr or non ppr.

But it's either Evans or Gordon.

You lost me after your 2nd sentence. Geezus chicklets.

• Like 1

I have a feeling this could go real bad for me from the 7. I'm not willing to reach that high for Elliott but he sure won't fall to pick 18. Hunt will likely be gone by pick 30 as well.

I waffled between Freeman & Gordon..never considered any one else.

7th spot in a 10-team redraft and this is what I am waffling between as well. I think there are enough decent WR's available late to let me go RB-RB with the first two picks.

7th spot in a 10-team redraft and this is what I am waffling between as well. I think there are enough decent WR's available late to let me go RB-RB with the first two picks.

Are there really decent WRs late though? Even in the middle rounds? Guys like Mike Wallace, Kenny Britt, Kevin White, Jordan Mathews. Ugh. Even guys like Watkins, Sanders, Fitz leave a lot to be desired

Point is, drafting in middle or end of the draft sucks this year IMO.

A top 2 pick will likely land a combo of DJ/Bell, Hilton/Cooks/Gronk

A back pick is looking at Murray/Howard, Dez/Baldwin

Ty Williams of the Chargers is a good one.

W Snead.

D Parker

B Marshall.

A top 2 pick will likely land a combo of DJ/Bell, Hilton/Cooks/Gronk

A back pick is looking at Murray/Howard, Dez/Baldwin

Drafted at 8/10 ten days ago and ended up ODB/Howard.

Drafted 8/12 a week ago and ended up Evans/Howard.

It all depends on your league mates.

Drafting from the 7 spot in my 12 team .5PPR league tomorrow.

Just mocked:

1st: MGordon. RBs go fast in my league. I see him and Ajayi as neck and neck. I went with Gordon as he has shown that he can be consistent game to game.

2nd: BCooks. With Edelman out, I'm all in on Cooks. I chose him over Dez, MThomas and Baldwin. I love all of those guys this year, but I see NE as historically good, which is why in the

3rd: Brady. Yes. Before Rodgers. I'm doubling down on the patsies.

4th: TyMont. I picked him up last year, and he was a bit up and down, but he seems to have the starting gig in a big offense locked down.

5th: DParker. I've loved Parker for a while. I've bought in on the Cutler to Parker hype train.

6th: GTate. Not my favorite pick, but he should get 5-7 targets a week. Picked him over DMartin and Snead.

7th: AP. If he busts, its just a 7th round pick. If he does well, I'm stacked at RB.

8th: DHenry. He looks so good when he runs. If he can be more like TColeman in ATL, he could give RB2 numbers.

9th: HHenry. TE value pick with upside.

10th: BMarshall. As long as he stays on the field, he should bring a decent return.

11th: DukeJ. I think he's undervalued. Very glad to have him on my bench.

12th: Carson Palmer.

13th: Kevin White. Fantastic value this late.

14th: DST

15th: K

No way will my real draft go this well....

7th

QB -> Cam Newton

RB -> Elliot

RB -> McCaffrey

WR -> OBJ

WR -> Snead

TE -> Olsen

Flex -> M Lynch

Bench RB -> MCFadden, J Williams (GB), Burkhead

Bench WR -> Garcon, Thielen, Anderson (NYJ)

Never ended with Cam, Lynch or McCaffrey in any mock. Like my bench though.

What Rbs and or WRs went in the third round after you picked Brady?

What Rbs and or WRs went in the third round after you picked Brady?

If Lynch had made it to me at 3.7, I'd have taken him. It would certainly be a gamble, but I think it will be a fun one to make.

He was taken at 3.6.

3.8 Drew Brees (NO - QB)

3.9 DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)

3.10 Carlos Hyde (SF - RB)

3.11 Isaiah Crowell (Cle - RB)

3.12 Travis Kelce (KC - TE)

4.1 Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)

4.2 Kelvin Benjamin (Car - WR)

4.3 Jimmy Graham (Sea - TE)

4.4 Tyreek Hill (KC - WR)

4.5 Joe Mixon (Cin - RB)

4.6 TyMont

Of those picks made after I took Brady, who do I think could be a season winning difference maker like he could?

Maybe Hopkins becomes a top 3 WR again?

Maybe Kelce or Graham match or outscore Gronk?

Maybe Mixon or Hyde have Priest Holmes-type years?

None of those things seem as likely as a 400 point season from #12.

I'm typically a late round qb person, but if I can get a difference maker in round 3 over solid starters, I'll do that.

the 7th spot in our league tonight ended up with...

Beckham

Howard

D Cook

Pryor

M Ryan

Tate

Eifert

Landry

Blount

Roethlisberger

Doyle

John Brown

Seattle

Crosby

Zay Jones

Jared Cook

graded as 2nd worse but good foundation with first 4 picks so hopefully that bodes well for you

Appreciate the reply.

Good luck with your team.

Okay, just did my 12-team draft (flex high performance league,extra points for TDs > 20 yards):

1.07 Melvin Gordon

2.06 Michael Thomas

3.07 Dez Bryant

4.06 Matt Ryan

5.07 Tevin Coleman (wanted better #2 here)

6.06 Jordan Reed (surprised he was still on the board)

7.07 Paul Perkins

8.06 Derrick Henry

9.07 Corey Coleman

10.06 Kevin White (they gotta throw to SOMEONE)

11.07 Theo Riddick

12.06 Carson Palmer

13.07 Chiefs D

14.06 Marqise Lee (was good for me last year down the stretch)

15.07 Justin Tucker

16.06 Paul Richardson

17.07 Jared Cook

18.06 Branden Oliver

Would have like to have gotten a better #3 WR, but hopefully Coleman or White can break out.

Yeah, drafting 7-10 in a 12 this year has been tough.

Last night I drafted out of the 8 slot in a full PPR w/ flex redraft, and went WR/WR out of the gate in a league that traditionally emphasizes the RB's early. Thought was that after the 2nd, I'd be able to piece-meal a few PPR friendly backs while everyone else started filling other spots. That didn't happen, and my roster shows it.

QB- Winston, Rivers

RB- Montgomery, Ingram, Abdullah, White

WR- OBJ, Baldwin, Sanders, T. Williams, Wallace

TE- Kelce, Witten

I think my roster would have benefited had I gone RB (Gordon, Ajaji), but Odell was too tempting that late...

1st round RBs are risky. I went the safe route with the #6 pick in a 12 man league.

1. J Neslon WR

2. D Freeman RB - stunned he fell

3. K Hunt RB

4. K Allen WR - worth every bit a 4th rounder... IF he stays healthy.

5. K Benjamin WR

6. D Martin RB

QB Matt Stafford in 9th. TE Koby Fleener in 14th. Got Martin's handcuff J Rodgers in late rounds.

Overall, I was happy with how things turned out. Feel like I reaped the benefits of waiting on a QB and TE.

Drafted a league I don't take all that seriously yesterday (but won last year, so I at least have to rep a little bit). Had the 8th. Felt the same way about WRs at that point that many up above are feeling. The big ones were gone--AB, OBJ, JJ, Evans--as were Bell and DJ, and Ajayi at 7. I went McCoy/Zeke in 1/2. In 3, I still kinda didn't like the receivers who were available, and this league values QB TDs really high, so I decided to see what would happen if I went QB early. I grabbed Rodgers...because I think I've owned Rodgers maybe once anywhere in his entire career, so why not? Then I figured in the 4th, I've never owned Gronk either. They both have always cost too much. So he was my guy there.

In the end, I grabbed my WRs in the 5th and 6th. We only start 2, with a flex spot. I ended up with Kelvin, Martavis, and TyrellCorp in 7. Added Crowder and D Parker and Hogan a few rounds later.

It's a WR corps that could do really well--Martavis with a full season, if Ben stays upright, could be a monster. Tyrell--my 'bold prediction' this year is that he leads the league in TDs. But I don't have any stars or likely top-10 finishers there.

So it was interesting. Not my favorite draft, but I didn't decide to go that route until my pick--I was sure one of the top WRs or at least Ajayi would fall to me. When it didn't happen, I decided why not try plan D. :) We'll see.

In my particular case, I chose to go RB in Round 1 because I could not go with a RB like Gurley or Fournette in Round 2.

Going WR-WR would have been worse, due to guys like Lamar Miller, Carlos Hyde and Kareem Hunt already off the board by my 3rd pick. Very happy with my draft.