Sign in to follow this  
spiegepj10

David Johnson return...?

Does anyone have any updates on David Johnson's return and if you expect him to have a considerable impact? I'm 3-1 with him on my bench. Can only imagine if he was healthy. Crossing my fingers for him returning start FF playoffs and taking me into a deep run.

The cast will stay on for 8 weeks. Then maybe a week for rest and 2 weeks practice? So week 13 is a good date to expect him to return.

See I wouldn't expect RB1 per se. The Cardinals o-line is one of the worst in recent memory. He'll obviously still be a no-brainer start if he returns but Palmer probably won't be alive by then either.

I don't know that he comes back this season.

Week 13 is the best case scenario.

Even if that happens, I only see him getting on the field much if any at all if they are in playoff contention

I don't see the Cardinals being in playoff contention. They could be on the outer edges, have him play a game or two and then shut down when they are ultimately eliminated.

He's worth keeping on the bench but I just don't see him being very relevant he rest of the way out, but I could be wrong.

I disagree here. If it's 8 weeks in a cast, that arm is going to atrophy and he's going to have strength issues. If they at all suspect he's going to fumble because he can't secure the ball with the weakness in the arm, they'll sit him. It typically takes twice as long to gain back muscle lost from casted injuries than it does to lose it. I think the earliest we would see him is 12 weeks after it happened and even then it might be situational, depending on how AZ is doing. Just my opinion.

RB1 is just a technical term, where you cannt put more than 12 guys that's better play than him if he suits up.

I thought about editing my comment but you are correct. I probably should have said something more like "Highly doubt he'll perform like #1 overall pick".

does anyone have any concrete facts that he will be in a cast for 8 weeks? I could be dead wrong but never saw that stated.

are we just guessing on the 8 weeks in a cast thing?

does anyone have any concrete facts that he will be in a cast for 8 weeks? I could be dead wrong but never saw that stated.

are we just guessing on the 8 weeks in a cast thing?

Since I have DJ, I did some medical research for recovery time on dislocated wrist. Some MD site I saw say the wrist needs to be in cast for 8 weeks. Could be sooner, could be longer, but that's probably the ball park.

The 8 Weeks cast time matches the 3 to 4 months return time that's been stated.

His coach said Tuesday that they hope to have him back around Christmas.

That's what I saw.

Why not hope for Week 9-10? IR is 8 weeks, when he comes off IR maybe he returns. The last shot of him on the sideline from a couple weeks ago showed him with no cast.

There is Wish, then Hope, then reality.

I usually live around hope, and that's Week 13. Week 10 is fantasy land. If his cast is off, there would of been news across the world for the #1 drafted RB.

If I'm AZ and out of the playoffs, he's done for the year. I'm not bringing him back in to have him get injured and miss more time for a futile season end.

Zona needs to sale tickets in December.

So they keep saying he's due to return.

No playoffs chances he's not returning to play a game in December.

They're 2-2. The Eagles have injuries in the secondary, and I believe DL Cox is likely to miss this weekends game. If the Cardinals can eek out a win this weekend, they're 3-2 and hardly out of contention.

They're 2-2. The Eagles have injuries in the secondary, and I believe DL Cox is likely to miss this weekends game. If the Cardinals can eek out a win this weekend, they're 3-2 and hardly out of contention.

I agree.

But comes December if they are put of it I can't see him coming back.

Right now today everyone is still alive.

I agree.

But comes December if they are put of it I can't see him coming back.

Right now today everyone is still alive.

You sure? The Browns aren't. lol

Or the giants, lol

His coach said Tuesday that they hope to have him back around Christmas.

That's what I saw.

The coach actually said Thanksgiving or Christmas but Rotoworld quoted some Tweet that the person left off the Thanksgiving part of what head coach Arians actually said.

Basically he could be back as early as 2 to 2.5 months from the day of surgery is what I've read and heard on recovery time, earliest possibility anyway.

Mm I would say your right and I'm truly wrong.

The coach actually said Thanksgiving or Christmas but Rotoworld quoted some Tweet that the person left off the Thanksgiving part of what head coach Arians actually said.

Basically he could be back as early as 2 to 2.5 months from the day of surgery is what I've read and heard on recovery time, earliest possibility anyway.

Ok thanks for that info.

Ive only seen December time being the return period.

But if thanksgiving is also a possibility that would could be different.

Unless Zona is doing so bad.

But I still say that they are trying to sale seats.

Thanks for the reply.