Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Rounds 4-6 Commentary - July PPR Mock 2018 **

I'll just ignore for now that McCoy is currently under scrutiny for possibly beating and robbing his ex GF who he happens to be trying to evict from a home that he owns.

I needed a RB and decided to go with Guice. I have no idea how good hell be there but didnt like my other options.

I'll just ignore for now that McCoy is currently under scrutiny for possibly beating and robbing his ex GF who he happens to be trying to evict from a home that he owns.

Why? I wouldn't touch him in a draft right now.

Dem Thomas and guice were the next 2 on my list. Booo

Why? I wouldn't touch him in a draft right now.

Minus some smoking gun, I just see this dragging out forever.

The NFL will be forced into quick action on this. The Winston case is a perfect starting guideline for this situation which is much worse.

I don't see how they can minus some sort of evidence. Insinuating someone was involved (which I agree with) is far different than saying "this dude beat me". Anywho, I have no doubt he'll be found to be involved. I just don't think this is your typical situation where the NFL can lay the hammer quickly. Hard photos to look at BTW.

Very happy Collins made it back to me. It easy to see who will be the next selection. I just happened to need the back a bit more.

1,300 combined and 8 TD's is my projection.

Very happy Collins made it back to me. It easy to see who will be the next selection. I just happened to need the back a bit more.

I strongly considered Collins but went with Guice. No idea if I made the right choice.

Gordon here at 4.10.

Great upside....and I think their QB can feed him the ball. Some risk, but the reward will be greater!

Had others I considered, may see them on the flipside.

I was hoping to have one of Cooks or Robinson and Engram, thus allowing me to. Gamble on Cohen sliding all the way back. Since they weren't, I thought Cohens upside was worth the 5th round tender.

Doug:

Rogers already taken.

Doug:

Rogers already taken.

:doh:

Skipped right over RLLD when I was looking at everything. I knew there was a reason Rodgers wasn't on my list anymore.

Fixed now.

I almost took JuJu Last round over Collins. Nice grab!

Really liked the JuJu pick as well. Was one of the players I was considering had Demaryious not been there last round.

Happy with my RB/WR core and felt I could draft a solid QB without playing catchup. He was last years #1 and he will still be throwing a ton.

Your team in this draft is built similar to the team I'm drafting in the Scott Fish Bowl at the moment out of the 12 spot. (It's a compliment.) Scoring is considerably different, but I snagged Collins as my RB2 at 4.01 and Fitz as my WR2 at 6.01.

My RB1 is similar to your RB1 (Hunt, Gordon) and the WR1s are similar as well (OBJ, Allen). While Brees and Wilson are considerably different QBs, both have huge ceilings and safe floors.

• Like 1

I am surprised at you Guru. Watson before Wilson? You do realize that Watson was mostly tearing up softer defenses and that his style has already cost him an acl already. I think it's way too risky on such a small sample. I think Watson is probably going to be shown to be a weaker passer if he ever has to stand in the pocket

So far most picks have been as expected but I've seen a few guys going a bit earlier. Engram and Cohen are the ones that stick out the most to me.

Ray, you must see something in Jordy that no one else does. You now own the most surprising pick of the draft for me.

I am taking a risk with Nelson, I freely admit this, but it is not uncommon for me to stray a little more than most in these drafts. I do feel that Nelson has the potential to deliver at least one more year of value, with the potential to have some surprising games. His ADP is running in the 4.01 to 6.11 range, so I am hitting the latter end of his ongoing ADP range.

I am taking a risk with Nelson, I freely admit this, but it is not uncommon for me to stray a little more than most in these drafts. I do feel that Nelson has the potential to deliver at least one more year of value, with the potential to have some surprising games. His ADP is running in the 4.01 to 6.11 range, so I am hitting the latter end of his ongoing ADP range.

Where is he going that high? I've been looking at FFC and he's been going around the 8/9 turn. WR40.

So far most picks have been as expected but I've seen a few guys going a bit earlier. Engram and Cohen are the ones that stick out the most to me.

I own both of them! I didn't expect either to make it back to me. The perils of drafting from the ends. I am very satisfied with both of their ceilings and with the potential consistency the could bring. Hopefully more for Cohen as he wasn't consistently used last year with the old coaching staff

I own both of them! I didn't expect either to make it back to me. The perils of drafting from the ends. I am very satisfied with both of their ceilings and with the potential consistency the could bring. Hopefully more for Cohen as he wasn't consistently used last year with the old coaching staff

I really like Cohen in PPR this year, especially as a Flex player. Not sure I would like having Howard and Cohen both on my roster though.

I really like Cohen in PPR this year, especially as a Flex player. Not sure I would like having Howard and Cohen both on my roster though.

They serve different roles. We have seen in the past where two running backs are sustainable from the same team. In each spot, I thought they were the best option. If one goes down the other will probably also get a boost

They serve different roles. We have seen in the past where two running backs are sustainable from the same team. In each spot, I thought they were the best option. If one goes down the other will probably also get a boost

So, would you usually be starting them both then?

Probably not but it gives you an option on weeks when you have another player down, be it at Rb or Wr and have roster flexibility. That Rb down could also be Howard or Cohen. I get it.

Probably not but it gives you an option on weeks when you have another player down, be it at Rb or Wr and have roster flexibility. That Rb down could also be Howard or Cohen. I get it.

I just remember having Murray and Henry last year and I hated it. Never knew which one to start and starting both never worked out either. I don't even want that again.

I think many owners would have been happy enough starting Kamara and Ingram last season.... if that was your point-question. Although Cohen won't ever be Kamara and I'm not particularly fond of Howard in general but that's personal preference.

Henry and Murray is a complete different siuation. I think Henry and his new backfield mate may be startable together in a pinch this season.

I just remember having Murray and Henry last year and I hated it. Never knew which one to start and starting both never worked out either. I don't even want that again.

I am conservative in my drafting approach. There are some situations I'd like insurance. I normally cuff one spot and nowadays a cuff can also contribute weekly making it even a better option.

A flat out steal on Ingram. I chose to go Qb route with two good backs on board but Ingram was calling! Nice!

I agree 100%. Great value here and 4 games won't be missed. He was certainly on my radar!

It depends on the game. I have Bell so he would be my anchor (I wish I hadnt forgotten about the draft or I would have Johnson)