Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

We should support BLM as they take to the streets on this one

I think asserting that the government created poverty is an oversimplification, you should delve into the many decades of governmental policies that contributed to all of the issues in the AA community, poverty is among them.

I think asserting that the government created poverty is an oversimplification, you should delve into the many decades of governmental policies that contributed to all of the issues in the AA community, poverty is among them.

Like slavery and Jim Crow laws?

Why are people shooting in Chicago? Is it drugs? Seriously....

Most people in Chicago don't shoot each other.

Gangs commit 90%+ of the shooting. Retaliations and fractions in the gang more than "drug turf", I'd guess.

I'm not going to dignify your mean spirited hateful answers with rebuttal.

Apparently, you all do not know what is fueling the violence.

America is filled with black children not being raised with fathers in the home and they're not shooting up their cities.

Perhaps is drugs or some other scheme where people are trying to get rich.

Maybe it's gangs? I don't know, I just thought someone from the area had insight.

It is a major problem and I agree, I'd like to hear more people discussing this on the news with caring not blaming.

The majority of Chicago's gun violence is gang related and takes place within certain areas of the city.

Gangs deal drugs, commit other crimes, and have gun battles whenever there's a turf dispute or a perceived lack of respect shown. It's what they do.

Gangsters are not generally known for having a high regard for human life.

Chicago police don't crack skulls in those neighborhoods like they used to.

Our law enforcement, justice and prison systems have made it easier than ever to get away with murder.

Murderers now have a 1 in 3 chance of never being identified.

Once an arrest is made, less than 50% of those cases make it to trial. Many are plea-bargained to lesser charges so. Even convicted murderers rarely spend more than 10 years in prison.

https://www.npr.org/2015/03/30/395069137/open-cases-why-one-third-of-murders-in-america-go-unresolved

When society blames the guns and not the people, the problem will never be solved!

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said no arrests have been made yet in the flurry of weekend shootings,

The majority of Chicago's gun violence is gang related and takes place within certain areas of the city.

Gangs deal drugs, commit other crimes, and have gun battles whenever there's a turf dispute or a perceived lack of respect shown. It's what they do.

Gangsters are not generally known for having a high regard for human life.

Chicago police don't crack skulls in those neighborhoods like they used to.

Our law enforcement, justice and prison systems have made it easier than ever to get away with murder.

Murderers now have a 1 in 3 chance of never being identified.

Once an arrest is made, less than 50% of those cases make it to trial. Many are plea-bargained to lesser charges so. Even convicted murderers rarely spend more than 10 years in prison.

https://www.npr.org/2015/03/30/395069137/open-cases-why-one-third-of-murders-in-america-go-unresolved

And...snitches get stitches

Theres nothing hateful about my response. Its actually quite sad. Alot of people living in these violent cities are feeling hopeless and unsafe. Thats about as low as you can get.

Facts are facts. Al Sharpton is in Florida protesting the "stand your ground" shooting from the other week. Why? Why isnt he in Chicago? He cant protest killings in Chicago because he cant do his race-baiting there. And to reduce the shootings in Chicago, he would have to examine the inner city culture(which happens to be largely black). To answer your question, its all about $$$. Drugs and control of turf bring $$$ which gives you cars and women. Why do you think cities had record killings in the 80s and 90s with the crack epidemic? Unfortunately, drugs, killing, and objectifying women has been glamorized in rap music for years

Florida sheriff blasts Al Sharpton over rally: 'Go back to New York. Mind your own business'

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/07/florida-sheriff-blasts-al-sharpton-over-rally-go-back-to-new-york-mind-your-own-business.html

Isn't the answer obvious? They like shooting each other. It's not complicated.

Or dead, which has me thinking...GhostofTEK probably had it coming.

Everyone here has it coming. And it's coming. I'll leave a light on for you.

Everyone here has it coming. And it's coming. I'll leave a light on for you.

As long as I still get to post here, all is good.