Sign in to follow this  
Apollo Creed

David Johnson- Bad Oline, Tough Sch, QB, Coach

Hoping to get him at 4 tonight...Bell holdout might mean he goes 3 and I get Bell instead.

Comparisons to Walter Payton is a bit much at this early stage in DJs career

To say DJ has been ineffective for a year and a half is ridiculous too.

Specifically, look us DJs numbers the first half of his rookie year. He still was incredibly productive with his touches. Believe he had a couple of return TDs to go along with some passing down work and TDs. I believe he and Kamara are special from the eyeball test alone. You always have to worry about any player coming off a major injury... but a wrist isnt too concerning and Id be surprised to see DJ outside of the top 5 if he stays healthy

Bradford set the NFL league pass/comp/% record in 2016 completing short accurate passes...Perfect fit for Johnson...regarding the Cards O-Line, it was ranked in the middle of all NFL lines 2017 but was hit heavy with several injuries, 2018 its returning in good form...My opinion, DJ has a monster year......

Let someone else have him then. I don't remember people being worried about this with AP when he was in his prime. AZ oline is improved this year from what I have read. Their qb isn't that bad. Hes good enough to keep defenses honest. They have some quality receivers also. I think the talk about how bad AZ is on offense is being overstated. Pass on him at your own peril. I only wish someone in my league had

:thumbsup: This

the line is better.

honestly the line was worse the last 2 years than it is now.

Normally I'm big on projecting RB's based on quality of the line but there are exceptions and this is one. Hes been able to produce with weak line play in the past so even if the line is subpar, I still think it is better than what existed the last 2 years.

another factor, He is a pass catching RB. poor line play also means more checkdowns to the RB and TE (assuming they are pass catching RB and TE)

We all know Johnson can catch the ball and I'd argue the poor line play may even be the reason he caught so many passes.

I have him on one of my teams and I have zero worries about this issue.

I drafted him first. Yes, over Gurley. I told myself if I have any crack at DJ I’m not hesitating. Dude is a beast. My biggest selling point was his non leg injury gives him fresher legs than Gurley, who was ran pretty hard last season, and AZ will not be nearly as bad as every makes it seem. Especially if Bradford can put a full season together. I think the Rams will regress a bit this year too.

Could be wishful thinking, but I think outta sight outta mind has a role to play with DJ. A year out and people seem to forget how dominant this guy was his rookie and second year. Not to mention the beast game he was on his way to having before the freak wrist injury.

Not many running backs potentially give you RB1 and WR1 production in one player. This is one of them. I'm glad he's on my team!!

Good for him.

Sounds like you had a tough week 1 and could visually see what I was talking about during that game.

“You can only lead a horse to water, you cant make him drink”

I just don't compare a guy who has been injured or ineffective half of his short career with Walter Payton, that's all

I'm not sure I'd compare any back in today's NFL to Payton.

the main reason is that the skillset required for success back then is far different from the skillset a RB requires today.

The Defenses and offenses both scheme differently.

That being said, I think you overreacted to the comment that was made.

No big deal. Lets just move on and have a good conversation.

Sounds like you had a tough week 1 and could visually see what I was talking about during that game.

You can only lead a horse to water, you cant make him drink

I had a great week 1 as long as Cooper doesn't score 37 points tonight to beat me. ☺

Barkley? Certainly no fan of his, I hate the Giants.

I have hardly ever mentioned him in a post, lol

DJ has a history alright, been in the league 3 years and been effective about 1 and a half

Solid RB1 but there are a few others I would choose before him for the exact reasons in the title and I would add coming off serious injury

There are certainly a couple of fanboys of his on here but I'll leave it at that

Seafood is obsessed with the Giants and Barkley. It's weird.

Seafood is obsessed with the Giants and Barkley. It's weird.

Something is weird about you mentioning in four different threads about me not liking the giants and you keep calling me seafood. I guess I am your obsession.

It's getting creepy dude.

Plus your screen name implies you see yourself as a French medieval lyric poet, but you sound like an idiot.