Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Cobb being shopped

Yea. sure he is. 9 catches on 10 targets. 1 td and 142 yards. like the pack can afford to lose that.

Yea. sure he is. 9 catches on 10 targets. 1 td and 142 yards. like the pack can afford to lose that.

What the Pack could afford to trade away is what Cobb has been for the last 3+ years. That's what they were trying to trade away. I like the guy, but we'll see if this means he's good once again, or just a good single game.

They weren't trying to trade away Cobb. That was a made up rumor by Rotoworld.

False. Rotoworld isnt a source, its a news compiler. They compile tweets and stories from people around the league. They didnt make anything up. The story was from Mike Lombardi saying it on his podcast. Roto reported it, then reported that Shefter said it wasnt true. Then reported after that when Lombardi reiterated that it was true. Dont shoot the messenger, they just post the blurbs and updates.

False. Rotoworld isnt a source, its a news compiler. They compile tweets and stories from people around the league. They didnt make anything up. The story was from Mike Lombardi saying it on his podcast. Roto reported it, then reported that Shefter said it wasnt true. Then reported after that when Lombardi reiterated that it was true. Dont shoot the messenger, they just post the blurbs and updates.

They do add their bull shlt quips to spin stories

• Like 1

They do add their bull shlt quips to spin stories

Adding their opinions is fine. My point still stands, stories they run are tweets and blurbs from other sources.

Sell High. Tonight vs. CHI will be his best game this season.

Exactly. Anyone who watched the game knows, he hit a seam up the middle for a really lucky TD when the guy covering him fell down and the other DBs were confused because the play was extended by Rogers.

8 catches and 67 yards nobody is talking about Cobb today, except maybe as a WR3. Add that one big play in there and he's a stud? Go back to last year his best game was 7 for 84 and a TD.

I agree, sell high if you can find an owner who will bite.

• Like 1

Sell High. Tonight vs. CHI will be his best game this season.

Well seeing as he had 9 catches for 142 yards and a TD, that's not a very bold prediction.

Well seeing as he had 9 catches for 142 yards and a TD, that's not a very bold prediction.

So? He's not wrong.

• Like 1

I got this from Guru Elite on Fantasy Football on SiriusXM 87. Rotoworld posts those little blurbs below the reports that is just their spin. Guru Elite said people ran with it.

Exactly. Anyone who watched the game knows, he hit a seam up the middle for a really lucky TD when the guy covering him fell down and the other DBs were confused because the play was extended by Rogers.

8 catches and 67 yards nobody is talking about Cobb today, except maybe as a WR3. Add that one big play in there and he's a stud? Go back to last year his best game was 7 for 84 and a TD.

I agree, sell high if you can find an owner who will bite.

Dude was targeted 10 times. Not a lot of receivers get that level of attention. Minus Jordy Nelson, Cobb is likely the primary beneficiary of additional targets. With that many targets coming from a world-class QB, sign me up. We all realize he's not going to get a 75 yard TD every game.

I got this from Guru Elite on Fantasy Football on SiriusXM 87. Rotoworld posts those little blurbs below the reports that is just their spin. Guru Elite said people ran with it.

Ok well, they were mistaken because as I said, it was a quote from Mike Lombardi that he reiterated later. This aint a mystery or debate or up for interpretation. It wasnt one of those little blurbs that is just their spin..

The matter is closed now.

Dude was targeted 10 times. Not a lot of receivers get that level of attention. Minus Jordy Nelson, Cobb is likely the primary beneficiary of additional targets. With that many targets coming from a world-class QB, sign me up. We all realize he's not going to get a 75 yard TD every game.

Past history is the best predictor of future outcomes. Cobb has been playing with Rodgers for years, and he's not going to get 10 targets every game. In the past 2 full seasons, Cobb has only had 5 games where he was double-digit targeted (10+). He tends to average around 3-5 targets per game. Sure as you say, without Nelson that might push him up in the 8+ Targets per game range which would be viable for a WR2.

Is he worth having on your roster? Of course. Is he worth shopping after a monster game to an owner who might let you sell high? Even better, it's worth a try.

Is he worth having on your roster? Of course. Is he worth shopping after a monster game to an owner who might let you sell high? Even better, it's worth a try.

I think this is the way to look at it. I don't own him anywhere, but I'm cautiously high on Cobb now that Rodgers is gimpy. I think he'll continue to see more quick passes with Rodgers' pocket time and scrambling diminished. That said...Cobb isn't likely to win you your league, even if what I'm saying happens. If you can get someone who loves the guy and sees greatness to get you someone with a higher upside or more reliability (whatever you are looking for), well...it's worth looking.

I think this is the way to look at it. I don't own him anywhere, but I'm cautiously high on Cobb now that Rodgers is gimpy. I think he'll continue to see more quick passes with Rodgers' pocket time and scrambling diminished. That said...Cobb isn't likely to win you your league, even if what I'm saying happens. If you can get someone who loves the guy and sees greatness to get you someone with a higher upside or more reliability (whatever you are looking for), well...it's worth looking.

I like that Geronimo Allison kid on GB, because he has an awesome name. Rogers also targeted him 8 times. he's a bigger, younger WR than Cobb, maybe with more upside, who knows. I think he may be worth a pickup though.

I like that Geronimo Allison kid on GB, because he has an awesome name. Rogers also targeted him 8 times. he's a bigger, younger WR than Cobb, maybe with more upside, who knows. I think he may be worth a pickup though.

I wish I could get Allison. I think the guy who's got him won't give him up. I liked him last year as a guy for the future, but didn't get him this year. My consolation was that, in between dropping Dak for Darnold this morning (backup), I picked up Kumerow and stashed him on IR :) I like having a piece of the GB passing game somehow, but I never grab them early enough to get them. (I also stashed Mack Hollins on IR at the same time...you know, why not.)

I wish I could get Allison. I think the guy who's got him won't give him up. I liked him last year as a guy for the future, but didn't get him this year. My consolation was that, in between dropping Dak for Darnold this morning (backup), I picked up Kumerow and stashed him on IR :) I like having a piece of the GB passing game somehow, but I never grab them early enough to get them. (I also stashed Mack Hollins on IR at the same time...you know, why not.)

I'm taking a chance on him or Quincy Enunwa with my 2nd WW pickup this week.

I'm taking a chance on him or Quincy Enunwa with my 2nd WW pickup this week.

Missed him this week, I think that's a good bet. I ended up with Ekeler in our WW scrum. Feel okay about that. Then...when no one grabbed DJax due to injury, I dropped Hurns cold for him. Feel a bit nervous about that, injury and such. But the Dallas O is awful, and I don't see them improving much.

well, maybe the rumour that he was being shopped lit a fire under him. A lot of people (myself included) think that any WR that cant get it done with Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball may not be able to get it done with anyone else throwing him the ball.

so the rumour may have lit a fire under him (to some degree)

further to this, his biggest play of the game was a broken play where rodgers hit him after a change in direction on his part to adjust to the scrambling rodgers.

I dont think it was a case where he created a lot of separation. the DB was close to him at the time of the catch. what made that play a success was Rodgers scrambling, and the fact that when cobb changed direction he was going right while a lot of the secondary was going left which opened up the whole right hand side of the field.

Cobb does have good speed when healthy, so once he caught it, it was a race to the endzone (more or less)

The larger issue with Cobb is that his ankle is wonky, so when hes healthy he's good, but a lot of the time, he is subpar.

its not like he created a lot of separation on his route on that particular play. it was the sudden change in direction on this broken which left him open just long enough for Rodgers to hit him.

its like backyard football. you cant plan it, you cant teach it. it was pure pitch and Catch, and nobody is better at this than Rodgers.