Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Favorite band from the "Grunge" era / scene?

9 hours ago, wiffleball said:

C&C Music Factory

Was that the band who caught flak for having a good looking woman lip syncing in their video instead of showing the actual fat singer? 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Was that the band who caught flak for having a good looking woman lip syncing in their video instead of showing the actual fat singer? 

Yup. Good on them.

Some of the more popular bands I can't stand like Foo Fighters, Jane's addiction and Pearl Jam

Nirvana is hands down my favorite

I loved sound garden, but Cornell live was disappointing. I saw him with NiN and NiN blew Cornell away

A side question here. I always wondered what you would classify Red Hot Chili Peppers as?

RHCP started as a punk/funk rock... Less punk over the years more rock with an alternative bend as they aged, imo

Grunge is a pretty stupid musically description imo, was almost more of a fashion term I thought...lot of differences between most of the major bands just all were in the same incubator to start

so were talking about like 4 bands here? pearl jam, nirvana, alice in chains, and soundgarden? id say smashing pumpkins is grunge.

That are definitely the big four of that scene but not the only ones. I wouldn't put SPs in there myself. Gotta be from the Pacific Northwest to make the cut imo

6 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

oh yeah STP

They got tagged with that PJ clone out of the gate but I don't really agree especially as they got more albums under their belt. Great band though.

4 minutes ago, kutulu said:

They got tagged with that PJ clone out of the gate but I don't really agree especially as they got more albums under their belt. Great band though.

Agreed. Too bad Scott Weiland couldn't keep clean.