Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

Zeke just got offered a contract!

7 minutes ago, jrokh said:

The Pats just used a 1st AND third round picks on the RB position...

And then if a time comes that they want $13 million a year, they will cut them and draft or bring in someone on the cheap. :dunno:

If the RBs were not worth the money then teams would not give them the contracts.  They are worth what a team is willing to pay them.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

And then if a time comes that they want $13 million a year, they will cut them and draft or bring in someone on the cheap. :dunno:

I'm not saying you are wrong, but the guy I was responding too implied the pats are just plucking dudes off the street, when they are doing the opposite...

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

I'm not saying you are wrong, but the guy I was responding too implied the pats are just plucking dudes off the street, when they are doing the opposite...

True. The Pats are a unique smart system. They do realize they need to back up their current bell cow in Michel. But their coaching is just otherworldly and they get by with less. Other than Brady that is.

25 minutes ago, jrokh said:

They zig when the rest of the leave zags. It’s all about passing passing passing now so they seem to be betting on a ball control game. Also Brady is old as fock.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

They zig when the rest of the leave zags. It’s all about passing passing passing now so they seem to be betting on a ball control game. Also Brady is old as fock.

Brady is old. For sure. But you can't sleep on him. But I get it. And NE is totally zigging. The whole coaching staff of that team is purely brilliant when it comes to winning football games in the NFL. 

29 minutes ago, jrokh said:

It's about the cap hit. They drafted guys who they thought would provide value at their draft position. I guarantee if the rb wants starter rb money the pats just move on

Brady is old. For sure. But you can't sleep on him. But I get it. And NE is totally zigging. The whole coaching staff of that team is purely brilliant when it comes to winning football games in the NFL. 

Belichik is brilliant. Every coordinator that leaves fails miserably. McDaniels will fail again. Patricia will fail. 

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It's about the cap hit. They drafted guys who they thought would provide value at their draft position. I guarantee if the rb wants starter rb money the pats just move on

100% That's why you draft RBs in the first round, cause you pay them up front then can move on from them.

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If the RBs were not worth the money then teams would not give them the contracts.  They are worth what a team is willing to pay them.

I don't agree. Has a team won a SB paying a rb big money in today's NFL? No. So it isn't worth it from the evidence. The closest team would be the Rams last year. They plugged in an off the street guy who gave the team good production. The difference in salary shows that paying Gurley is not worth it. 

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Belichik is brilliant. Every coordinator that leaves fails miserably. McDaniels will fail again. Patricia will fail. 

Don't they fail miserably at higher ranking positions though? I'm not sure as I don't follow them that closely. Some people hit their peak at certain positions.

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It’s a little weird that no one can replicate his success. He must keep things really close to the vest. Like you learn your part but that’s it 

Don't they fail miserably at higher ranking positions though? I'm not sure as I don't follow them that closely. Some people hit their peak at certain positions.

Yes they do. But offensive coordinators come and go, and the offense pretty much stays the same. They are going to a bit more ball control, but that's probably more because of Bradys age.

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

I don't agree. Has a team won a SB paying a rb big money in today's NFL? No. So it isn't worth it from the evidence. The closest team would be the Rams last year. They plugged in an off the street guy who gave the team good production. The difference in salary shows that paying Gurley is not worth it. 

If a player is not worth the money to a team then they won't pay them.  Obviously these teams feel they are worth the money.  Whether we think they are worth it or not is irrelevant. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

If a player is not worth the money to a team then they won't pay them.  Obviously these teams feel they are worth the money.  Whether we think they are worth it or not is irrelevant. 

It's not irrelevant. A team can think a player is worth it, pay him, and be wrong about it. A 100% guaranteed contract pitcher gets a 5 year 180 million dollar contract. He immediately hurts his elbow and is never close to the pitcher the team hoped they were getting. Was he worth the contract just because he is making that money? No, he's not

• Like 1

ProFootballTalk reports the Cowboys are close to signing Ezekiel Elliott to a six-year, $90 million extension.

Elliott is back in Dallas after training away from the team. There were reports of a snag in contract talks over the weekend, but all signs now point to a deal getting done. The $15M AAV would tie Elliott with Todd Gurley as the highest paid back in the league and keep him signed through 2026. After holding out the entire preseason, Elliott looks on track to return ahead of Week 1.

Sorry Pollard Owners, you might not even get to use him this year, or ever...

The latest from ESPN...

Ezekiel Elliott and the Dallas Cowboys are acting with a sense of urgency to finalize a deal in the next 24 hours that would allow the star running back to practice Wednesday and play in Sunday's season opener against the New York Giants, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter.

A deal between Elliott and the Cowboys does not appear to be far off, the sources told Mortensen and Schefter, but there are still issues that must be agreed upon.

Watch Jerra "Zeke who?" Jones play the role of Cave Man!

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Yeah - probably super late picks since they win the SB every year.  Even so. NE is a wasteland at the RB position from a fantasy standpoint Try to figure that out week to week.  Best of luck.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s a little weird that no one can replicate his success. He must keep things really close to the vest. Like you learn your part but that’s it 

Ummm - do you guys think it might be Brady though?  Bill FAILED miserably in Cleveland when he was running things there.  Oh....wait, NO HOF QB to bail him out.  Or tuck rules, or strange late game turn-overs, or Adam Vinatieri.  Just throwing that out there.  This is why most of Earth would LOVE to Bill and Tom get split up.  If Brady went elsewhere and repeated as a SB champ then that would be something.  Same for Bill.  Id love to see it.