Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

John Brown

Am I the only one that thinks John Brown could finish as a top 15 WR this year?  I feel like this guy has flown under the radar for a few years now, mainly bc he’s been stuck with poor QB play most of his career. The one time he had decent QB play was last year with Flacco and he put up solid numbers.   Allen isn’t “great”, but he knows how to get brown the ball.  All summer I’m looking at his ADP in rd 12 thinking, “how are people not seeing the value here”?  

A deep threat receiver with that target % is a strong asset. He'll probably be up and down, but Allen being a mediocre QB at best, with a big arm probably actually helps him. 

Sorry but not in that passing offense.  

Plus the one thing about Brown you can always count on , him missing games. 

3 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Am I the only one that thinks John Brown could finish as a top 15 WR this year?  I feel like this guy has flown under the radar for a few years now, mainly bc he’s been stuck with poor QB play most of his career. The one time he had decent QB play was last year with Flacco and he put up solid numbers.   Allen isn’t “great”, but he knows how to get brown the ball.  All summer I’m looking at his ADP in rd 12 thinking, “how are people not seeing the value here”?  

Pick Brown up with an asterisk .  He has the ability to get his catches, get open, etc.  His QB is his biggest downside. I picked him up in a couple of ppr leagues.  He's got a decent ceiling (imo), but he's not a sure thing right now. But he holds promise

He was good with shaky qb play (Flacco) last year. Then the Ravens went to a ‘look ma, no throws’ offense and the whole receiver room suffered. And yep, he’s been hurt a lot ever since his 1 good season in Arizona.

But the kid is still in the league because he’s a good player. He’s learned from other good players. He’s still fast. He just needs a situation where his usage is there and he can and will break out. I too believe that this is the year it happens. 

Zoomed out, I trust John Brown just as much as I trust any of the wr3s that we try to get ourselves excited about every week. He’s a poor man’s Brandin Cooks in my eyes. Get him. Start him. 

I like what I saw out of the Bills for J Brown last week.  Looks like J Brown is the number one WR for the Bills in an offensive scheme that is showing some cahones and actually developing J Allen.  Beasley and J Brown could be in line for 5 -10 targets per game.  J Allen has an arm and the coaching staff looks like they are going to use it.  Looks like they are on a developmental mission and are doing it by throwing the people into the fire and have them learn on the  job - as apposed to the Jets conservative calls.

At least that's what I took from last week.  Hope it's right and they continue this philosophy.  Starting J Brown on that theory (unfortunately over C Godwin - ouch).  The Giants are nothing special and if the Bills continue the game plan of throwing the rock - J Brown should continue to be heavily involved.

After watching Dak have the best game of his career, have to like the Bills passing game this weekend at least. 

Every one on this thread saying Allen is mediocre hasn't paid attention to his development as a 2nd year QB. He's made huge strides and the Bills offense is going to get their snaps with a shut down defense that keeps opposing offenses off the field. On volume alone I think Allen, Brown, Singletary and maybe even Beasly in PPR are legit starters. 

• Like 1