Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

Thompson or white ROS.

So I just lost Barkley, but I have Ingram, white, Thompson and J. Hill as my rostered rb’s. I need a te desperately as I have only cook and witten and I was just offered dissly for white. I think looking at their respective schedules Thompson and white are essentially one and the same player but Thompson’s role could be larger as they’ll be playing from behind more often plus he doesn’t have 2-3 other rbs in his way. Do the trade for white? 

I prefer White to Thompson but these pass-catching RBs are almost always a crapshoot. It kind of amazes me how every year, we think we know who these guys are and how they'll produce, and yet there is a stunning lack of consistency (ask anyone who owns Tarik Cohen this year, or had Duke Johnson last year). The only ones who have ever been consistent were Sproles in his prime and Woodhead when he was healthy (though health is always a big issue with scatbacks).

All of which is to say that if you need a TE, I wouldn't have a huge problem trading away White, although it does seem weird to trade away a RB the same week you lost Barkley.

5 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I prefer White to Thompson but these pass-catching RBs are almost always a crapshoot. It kind of amazes me how every year, we think we know who these guys are and how they'll produce, and yet there is a stunning lack of consistency (ask anyone who owns Tarik Cohen this year, or had Duke Johnson last year). The only ones who have ever been consistent were Sproles in his prime and Woodhead when he was healthy (though health is always a big issue with scatbacks).

All of which is to say that if you need a TE, I wouldn't have a huge problem trading away White, although it does seem weird to trade away a RB the same week you lost Barkley.

My thinking is Ingram is my rb1 now and I’m not gonna play white. It’s a 1pt ppr so I play 1rb and 4wrs so I only need 1rb really and I’m te deficient so figure I need an upside player that will play vs a rb that won’t while having kinda two of the same players white/Thompson on the bench. 

White is better and his arrow is way up now with Antonio brown gone. Plus Edelman is injured so they’ll be relying on him pretty heavily in the coming weeks is my guess.

Thompson has played only 10 games in each of the last two years, so I would kind of hate to be relying on him for the whole year.

I'm not really understanding the "desperation" at TE when you have a top 10 TE in Witten...?

I wouldn't trade White for another TE.

I'd err on the side of which team can produce fantasy points given that the players themselves are fairly equal.  Washington is going to struggle to score whereas the patriots won't.  That alone creates a larger pie for White to have a piece of.

Couple what with the loss of Devlin by the pats which will limit some of their power ground game.  That should also benefit White. 

I actually think Thompson is the slightly better talent but I've got no faith the Skins offense can consistently enough opportunity to make him more valuable than White.

2 minutes ago, shutdown said:

I'd err on the side of which team can produce fantasy points given that the players themselves are fairly equal.  Washington is going to struggle to score whereas the patriots won't.  That alone creates a larger pie for White to have a piece of.

Couple what with the loss of Devlin by the pats which will limit some of their power ground game.  That should also benefit White. 

I actually think Thompson is the slightly better talent but I've got no faith the Skins offense can consistently enough opportunity to make him more valuable than White.

Idk I think it depends what you’re looking for and what the format is.

in a full point ppr we’ve seen thompson produce no less than 10 points and 15 points the other two games.

what the skins produce are negative game scripts and they can’t run the ball to well.

if you’re looking for boom it’s white

if you’re looking for consistency with a high floor it’s thompson

I heard a stat on a podcast that said only 3 RB's last year in PPR had more 13point + games than White. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/jameswhite/2543773/gamelogs?season=2018

I think we always tend to forget how good White is in PPR.  I can't argue against Thopmson being a productive player, but I dont't know that I'd make the argument that he's going to be more steady than White.

19 minutes ago, shutdown said:

I heard a stat on a podcast that said only 3 RB's last year in PPR had more 13point + games than White. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/jameswhite/2543773/gamelogs?season=2018

I think we always tend to forget how good White is in PPR.  I can't argue against Thopmson being a productive player, but I dont't know that I'd make the argument that he's going to be more steady than White.

And last year White was scoring an absurd outlier amount of TDs against his career average. I'm not saying White is bad by any means, but I also think we tend to forget how good Thompson is in PPR bc of last year. If I had to pick one, I would pick Thompson bc his usage is consistent week to week. In a given week we don't know which Pats RB will be catching what and most of the time Sony is getting the redzone carries.

I do think Thompson will be more steady than White, with White having a higher ceiling in general.

Thompson for me also. 

I think White will have those big games, but be less consistent. 

Why don't you have Gallman?  You should get Gallman or another legitimate RB.  Chris Thompson and James White are inconsistent fantasy producers, I'd move them for something better.

15 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Why don't you have Gallman?  You should get Gallman or another legitimate RB.  Chris Thompson and James White are inconsistent fantasy producers, I'd move them for something better.

If you want to say you're concerned with Thompson's ability to stay healthy sure. But there is zero basis to calling him inconsistent.

5 hours ago, Gepetto said:

White has been pretty darn consistent the last couple seasons. Just not flashy 

38 minutes ago, sderk said:

So Thompson or DJ Moore in a flex this week? I also have Kirk.

What happen to seafoam?

1 hour ago, sderk said:

So Thompson or DJ Moore in a flex this week? I also have Kirk.

I have the same three and here’s what I’m doing

kirk is locked in

terry is in my wr3 spot for now. With D.J. and CT on my bench and dissly in my flex.

i May bench Terry for D.J. not Sure yet.

Like CT but love disslys set up this week I think he’s in for a big one so I’m going that route.

if I wasn’t I’d go ct over dj 

32 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

I have the same three and here’s what I’m doing

kirk is locked in

terry is in my wr3 spot for now. With D.J. and CT on my bench and dissly in my flex.

i May bench Terry for D.J. not Sure yet.

Like CT but love disslys set up this week I think he’s in for a big one so I’m going that route.

if I wasn’t I’d go ct over dj 

Yeah. Kirk has been getting a lot of targets. I like Thompson as well against the giants. Things tend to change even on Saturday and Sunday mornings. So we will see come Sunday.