Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Miles Sanders vs Jordan Howard, what's up?

Any Eagle fans out there that can feedback on this? Does Sproles figure in at all? Is this gonna be a timeshare all year that makes Sanders (their best back, right?) forgettable? Thanks for your time, good luck this week.

Sproles started the year basically getting an equal share of the offense, but the last two games he's been almost completely invisible--so I wouldn't currently worry too much about his involvement.

Given the Eagles' recent history with RBs, I think Howard and Sanders are going to be involved in a pretty equal timeshare, with Howard having a slight edge in standard scoring leagues due to his goalline work and Sanders having a slight edge in PPR scoring due to being more involved on passing downs.  It will probably also keep both of them from being legitimate RB1/RB2 (top 25) material, but either one could probably provide bye week depth or larger league flex plays from the RB30-RB40 range.

Not an Iggles homer, just my layman's opinion:

I think the default assumption is that Pederson will continue his MO of the past few years and have a committee. I do think Sanders has the talent (assuming he can get his fumbling under control) to break out of that mold and become a feature back. I'm holding on to him for just that reason.

Kinda what I was thinking guys, thanks. I have Singletary, waiting for him to break out (haven't played him yet) but he's hurt right now and having to compete with Grandpa Gore for touches. When does a coach go with the younger better player?

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Sproles started the year basically getting an equal share of the offense, but the last two games he's been almost completely invisible--so I wouldn't currently worry too much about his involvement.

Given the Eagles' recent history with RBs, I think Howard and Sanders are going to be involved in a pretty equal timeshare, with Howard having a slight edge in standard scoring leagues due to his goalline work and Sanders having a slight edge in PPR scoring due to being more involved on passing downs.  It will probably also keep both of them from being legitimate RB1/RB2 (top 25) material, but either one could probably provide bye week depth or larger league flex plays from the RB30-RB40 range.

agreed. 

They look like matchup/flex plays now.   

good enough to be on the bench but not good enough to start on a regular basis.

Just look at the coaching staff, they don’t like having a true rb1. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Kinda what I was thinking guys, thanks. I have Singletary, waiting for him to break out (haven't played him yet) but he's hurt right now and having to compete with Grandpa Gore for touches. When does a coach go with the younger better player?

Singletary is a hold. He is in a much better situation for a rb. I am holding onto the Singletarys and Damien Harris' of the world hoping that later in the season they are viable options. 

Plus Gore is 52 years old. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Singletary is a hold. He is in a much better situation for a rb. I am holding onto the Singletarys and Damien Harris' of the world hoping that later in the season they are viable options. 

Plus Gore is 52 years old. 

Agree. Bills coaching staff clearly wants Singletary to take over as RB1. You can see it in their release of Shady and DS's usage the first couple weeks.

As for Sanders, it's far less clear. Pederson clearly has no problem with an RBBC. I still think his talent could win out, but there's a lot more risk involved.

Harris is a distant third, mostly because Belichick hasn't showed much faith in him.

• Thanks 1

It's between Sanders and Michel for me and Sanders gets the TV nod.  When I can't decide, that's how I sometimes make the call.  With Sanders going tonight, that gives me someone to watch in that game.  I'll get the Pats game too, but I also have Gordon and Josh Allen going in that game.  I could go with Michel instead of Gordon but I don't think I will.  Burkhead being banged up makes Michel look a little better, but they never throw to him.

Just think this weekend pats go run game more. 

Michel. 

On 9/25/2019 at 12:34 PM, AxeElf said:

Given the Eagles' recent history with RBs, I think Howard and Sanders are going to be involved in a pretty equal timeshare, with Howard having a slight huge edge in standard scoring leagues due to his goalline work...

Let me rephrase that...

On the one hand, I suspect a lot of people will overreact to last night's box score. Howard picked up a couple short-yardage bunnies and happened to be the RB on the field for a well-designed screen that allowed him to waltz into the end zone without a Packer in sight. But Sanders got plenty of work. I certainly don't see the Eagles orienting their offense around Howard a la the Titans with Henry last December. IMO the status quo hasn't changed

On the other hand, those of us who drafted Sanders didn't want the status quo. We wanted Sanders to emerge as the clear RB1. And while it still could happen, last night was a good reminder that it's not inevitable, and maybe not even likely. Howard is the goal-line back, and the touches will be distributed between the two of them, at least for the foreseeable future.

9 hours ago, American Chewy said:

have a feeling howard lit up a lot of fantasy benches tonight

He did mine.  And I really could have used the help.

The Eagles coaching staff isn’t interested in having a true rb1. 

9 hours ago, American Chewy said:

have a feeling howard lit up a lot of fantasy benches tonight

:wave:

:wall:

I finally had to move both guys on fantasy teams where I had stock. 

Just getting too much of a Hoodie/Patriots RB vibe from the whole situation.