Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Questions? I have right answers (hopefully)

On 12/17/2019 at 4:31 PM, JOHN 316 said:

Chris Godwin......droppable?  Still no confirmation on whether or not season ending injury ?  

If you are playing a Week 17 title game, I might hold. If not, I would probably cut bait. There has been no indication he's going to play this week and I don't expect him to.

Guru, thanks for this thread. Your insights always appreciated. TE: I’ve got Higbee vs SF over Hollister vs AZ but I’m torn.

WR/Flex Adams Edelman Robinson but tempted to roll with Boyd over Robinson. McLaurin and Amendola riskier plays to me. 

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Start DEN D at home vs DET or SF D at home vs LAR?

I don't do rankings per se, but I'd feel really good about Denver at home vs. Detroit and Blough. I think SF will be fine, but I see the Rams giving the Niners a slightly better game than last time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrG said:

Guru, thanks for this thread. Your insights always appreciated. TE: I’ve got Higbee vs SF over Hollister vs AZ but I’m torn.

WR/Flex Adams Edelman Robinson but tempted to roll with Boyd over Robinson. McLaurin and Amendola riskier plays to me. 

Higbee. 

I like Edelman if he’s healthy 

2 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Start DEN D at home vs DET or SF D at home vs LAR?

Broncos. 

• Like 1

I’ll still ask since I see a few others answering questions.

Would you sit Lockett, Hill, or Chubb in the flex for AJ Brown? (PPR league)

and

Hunter Henry or Higbee? (PPR)

Really wavering on my TE for Week 16 (PPR scoring). They are both ranked very high. Waller did not have a stellar game the first time Oak and LAC played. Any insight you can provide is appreciated. 

Waller at LAC

Higby vs. Rams

I have one too, having been forced to scrub the waiver wire after losing both Godwin and Jacobs for the 'ship game: DJ Chark @ ATL coming back from injury, or Crowder vs PIT? I have Washington subbing for Jacobs paired w/Mack @ RB, and @ WR I'm sporting Perriman and Julio, along with Kittle and Jameis. I am trying to figure out FLEX in a full PPR league. I also have Breida, Damien Williams or Mattison (if he plays) as alternatives, but I think I'm more comfortable with either of the WRs. I'm the #1 overall seed, but the #2 (who I am playing) has more points throughout the season, so he's no pushover. TIA

4 hours ago, pee-diddy said:

Really wavering on my TE for Week 16 (PPR scoring). They are both ranked very high. Waller did not have a stellar game the first time Oak and LAC played. Any insight you can provide is appreciated. 

Waller at LAC

Higby vs. Rams

Waller, plus looks like Everett is back. 

2 hours ago, IMMensaMind said:

I have one too, having been forced to scrub the waiver wire after losing both Godwin and Jacobs for the 'ship game: DJ Chark @ ATL coming back from injury, or Crowder vs PIT? I have Washington subbing for Jacobs paired w/Mack @ RB, and @ WR I'm sporting Perriman and Julio, along with Kittle and Jameis. I am trying to figure out FLEX in a full PPR league. I also have Breida, Damien Williams or Mattison (if he plays) as alternatives, but I think I'm more comfortable with either of the WRs. I'm the #1 overall seed, but the #2 (who I am playing) has more points throughout the season, so he's no pushover. TIA

If Chark returns I would play him.  

On 12/17/2019 at 6:56 PM, jrokh said:

Have you ever been in a Turkish Prison? While you chew on that: Minshew Mania in the Atlanta dome or Kyler Murray in Seattle. Thanks. Edit: Josh Jacobs is now out so now undecided between A. Peterson and D. Washington in half-PPR. Double thanks...

I think the volume will be similar, but I like the matchup more with Washington.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:14 PM, Byrdman5 said:

.5 PPR Starting Tannehill, CMC, Gordon
Need 2WR, Flex, TE, Def

WR’s - Kupp, Sanders, McLaurin, Fuller, and going to try to grab Perriman

RB - Jacobs/Washington. Oakland just sucks.

TE - Henry and Waller

D - Pit and Bal, going to try to grab Den

WR - I'd rank them Perriman, McLaurin, Fuller, Sanders, Kupp

RB - Washington (obviously)

TE - I have more trust in Waller, but I'm not overly confident in either with Renfrow back.

D - I'd roll with Pittsburgh.

So I guess I'd roll with Perriman, McLaurin, Washington, Waller and Steelers

On 12/18/2019 at 9:42 AM, pee-diddy said:

PPR league

Pick 2 at RB: Mostert, Miles Sanders, Mattison/Boone, D. Freeman, Kerryon Johnson

Pick 2 at WR: Perriman, AJ Brown, Odell, Anthony Miller

Pick a TE: Waller or Higbee

Thanks

I feel good about Boone/Mattison (if Cook and Mattison get ruled out), but I think Freeman vs. Mostert could go either way. I'll go with the better running game over the better matchup and say Mostert.

Perriman and Miller ... not sure why I'm so down on Brown this week, but I think he locks horns a lot with Lattimore.

Waller ... again, I don't feel particularly strong about it though.

On 12/18/2019 at 11:53 AM, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

Having lost 2 of my 3 regular WR starters recently pick one of the following deep options out of Greg Ward vs Dallas or Justin Watson vs Texans. Thanks in advance. 

Ugh. Ward's seen nine targets in each of the last two games (and I personally think he should have been an option a while ago). Watson has the better matchup, but there are still too many options in Tampa to feel good about him going 5-60-1.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 1:54 PM, CTBucky said:

Pick 3: Lockett, T.Hill, AJ Brown, Perriman (0.5 ppr)

Pick one Def: Balt, Pit, Den

Thanks!

Lockett, Hill and Perriman

Pittsburgh

On 12/18/2019 at 11:17 PM, DrG said:

Gotta go with the any TE vs. Arizona approach (Hollister).

If I was to replace Adams, Edelman or Robinson, it might be Edelman - not sure how healthy he is. I would start Boyd over him if you choose to go with one of the other options.

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2019 at 12:44 PM, thePRO said:

I’ll still ask since I see a few others answering questions.

Would you sit Lockett, Hill, or Chubb in the flex for AJ Brown? (PPR league)

and

Hunter Henry or Higbee? (PPR)

Think I'd sit Brown of that bunch. 

Henry over Higbee for me.

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2019 at 2:38 PM, pee-diddy said:

Waller at LAC

Higby vs. Rams

If memory serves, we can basically trace Waller's "demise" to when Hunter Renfrow plays. He should be back this week, but Gerald Everett should be too. Plus, I'm not stoked about TEs going up against the Niners. I'd go with Waller.

On 12/19/2019 at 4:56 PM, IMMensaMind said:

I see you and I share the same injury luck.

I like the way you're thinking. I think I'd roll with Chark and take my chances with him holding up. 

Guru, thanks for this thread and follow-up article. Good stuff! It's too bad we've got some clueless douchebags that hijack others' posts.

PPR

Singletary or Peterson?

And would you start Perriman and Miller over Thielen and Cooper like I currently am?

7 hours ago, d'eaux boy said:

PPR

Singletary or Peterson?

And would you start Perriman and Miller over Thielen and Cooper like I currently am?

My apologies. I've been away most of the day.

Don't think it matters now, but I would have gone with AD, Perriman and Miller.