Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Trump voters motivated by racism may be violating the Constitution.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You base a lot of your comments off of stereotypes and generalities.

But unlike stereotypes assigned to trump supporters by scumbag leftist weirdos and their media counterparts,  mine are accurate and correct.

Just playing the left game bro, you have a problem with stereotypes now ?

5 minutes ago, drobeski said:

But unlike stereotypes assigned to trump supporters by scumbag leftist weirdos and their media counterparts,  mine are accurate and correct.

Just playing the left game bro, you have a problem with stereotypes now ?

I believe most stereotypes were created for a reason, because there is some truth behind them.  I do not believe in basing my opinions on them though.  You're no better than the people on the left when you think only you are right and everyone else is wrong.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I believe most stereotypes were created for a reason, because there is some truth behind them.  I do not believe in basing my opinions on them though.  You're no better than the people on the left when you think only you are right and everyone else is wrong.

This thread title proves me right. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're generalizing again.

Nope ... I didnt see you calling the author out for these stereotypes and generalizations.  Its almost like you're a bias hack. 

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Nope ... I didnt see you calling the author out for these stereotypes and generalizations.  Its almost like you're a bias hack. 

I wasn't looking at the title or any of the posts on the first page.  I was just responding to what I read today, which included your post.  I do not agree with the title of the thread either.

I find it curious, and perhaps a little entertaining, that the left continues to use the failed tactics from the last election. The left is a one-trick pony, to such an extent that the literally can try nothing else.....

Ok, I admit it. I am motivated by racism. Every time I see the racist policies implemented and race baiting tactics employed by the left, I'm motivated to vote against them. There, I said it. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I find it curious, and perhaps a little entertaining, that the left continues to use the failed tactics from the last election. The left is a one-trick pony, to such an extent that the literally can try nothing else.....

Whoever is guiding that ship is steering it like the captain of the titanic.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I wasn't looking at the title or any of the posts on the first page.  I was just responding to what I read today, which included your post.  I do not agree with the title of the thread either.

I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on the OP (since I started the thread and all).  :cheers:

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on the OP (since I started the thread and all).  :cheers:

I think the idea of making it illegal to vote for someone based on their intent is ridiculous.  How could anyone prove what someone else's intent is for voting for a specific candidate?  Even if they could prove that someone voted for a candidate because they thought they would harm another race, it's still ridiculous.  I think it makes that person pretty terrible but he's not doing anything illegal.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What I mean by that is that their 401k accounts are going to change a lot over the years by the time they are able to retire.  If I was planning on retiring in the next 5 years I would be a higher priority for me but I have another 30 years yet.  While it is important, it's not at the top of my priority list.

Most people in the 18-25 don't even understand their 401k accounts.  I know my younger employees know very little about them and contribute little to no money to them.

True, people's 401k's will change over the years, the thing is, you're allowed to make changes as well.  When the market is going strong, I can increase my participation into it.  When it's going down, I can decrease it (to what my employer matches), as well as shift what groups I want to invest in.

My employer matches 3%.  When Trump got elected, I raised my input to 5% and moved my focus to a group to which would yield the most return, of course at a higher risk in some cases.  My 401k went up higher in the last 3 years than in did in the last 8 (12 really).  If a Democrat is elected, I will reduce my input back to 3% and move my focus to a much more conservative group so that when the market goes down, I won't lose that much.  If you make the right changes at the right times, your account will continue to grow for the most part.  When the market goes down, you can reduce your risk of losing and the next time the market goes back up, you'll have a much better starting point than if you had done nothing.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

True, people's 401k's will change over the years, the thing is, you're allowed to make changes as well.  When the market is going strong, I can increase my participation into it.  When it's going down, I can decrease it (to what my employer matches), as well as shift what groups I want to invest in.

My employer matches 3%.  When Trump got elected, I raised my input to 5% and moved my focus to a group to which would yield the most return, of course at a higher risk in some cases.  My 401k went up higher in the last 3 years than in did in the last 8 (12 really).  If a Democrat is elected, I will reduce my input back to 3% and move my focus to a much more conservative group so that when the market goes down, I won't lose that much.  If you make the right changes at the right times, your account will continue to grow for the most part.  When the market goes down, you can reduce your risk of losing and the next time the market goes back up, you'll have a much better starting point than if you had done nothing.

What percentage of people ages 18 to 30 actually think about any of that stuff.  I know it's very smart to do so but I don't think that many people pay enough attention to it in that age group.

32 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What percentage of people ages 18 to 30 actually think about any of that stuff.  I know it's very smart to do so but I don't think that many people pay enough attention to it in that age group.

Probably not many because they are taking on massive student loans, living with their parents or just fooling around having kids they can't afford. Either way, not my problem. I would tell them to join the Reserves earn the GI BIll and take advantage of the Health Coverage. The military also has an investment tool. They could take a little out their paycheck and contribute. It's not my job to figure it out for them. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What people ages 18-30 ARE doing and what they SHOULD be doing very well may be two different things.  @FlyinHeadlock makes an accurate point when he says "...not my problem."  Investing at the youngest age possible is a significantly smarter option than not doing it can literally cost you a million dollars.  When I got my first full time job at 16 years old, I was working in a grocery store where we had a union which got us medical benefits and a 401.  When I signed up, the form that the investment company gave us had an "Possible Return on Investment" column, based on history, which showed what you may have when you retire.  It showed that if I invested in it at that time (which I couldn't at the time because I wasn't 18, but they were required to give me the form), could be as high as $1.7M by age 65, with assumed raises and inflation.  If I waited to age 25, the number dropped to $1.0M and then to $0.7M at age 30.  That's a LOT of money.  If I were to wait until I was 40, it was $400k.  Waiting is a tragic mistake.

Now, times change of course.  I worked there for 12 years, so I did have a 401 for 10 years and when I got the job I have now, I rolled that into my current plan.  I started working where I'm at now, at age 30, amd my outlook was $1.1M (if I started from 0)... but it was $2.0M based on what I rolled over.  So, while the floor and ceiling are higher than what was projected (which is great), the difference is still about $1M.  When Obama left office my projected ceiling was $1.8M (obviously lower than what was projected just 6 years earlier), but right now, it's projected at $2.6M.  Pretty substantial.  Sadly, Trump won't be the President for the next 20 years, so that $2.6M is probably a pipe dream... but the point remains the same that a good economy with a good President substantially impacts your future earning potential.  If you're 25 right now, and you see that you may have $1.8M to retire, you may say that's awesome, but in 40 years... that $1.8M will act like $1.1M.  They way Dem's want to tax you... it'll be more like $750k.  That extra million will go a long way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Ok, I admit it. I am motivated by racism. Every time I see the racist policies implemented and race baiting tactics employed by the left, I'm motivated to vote against them. There, I said it. 

:D

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not sure, but there is no excuse for them to not think about it. If they finished middle school they learn about compound interest in math class. These days there is NO excuse to not invest. In the past, you had to have an employee 401k plan or 10k to even open an account. Now you can open an account in 10 minutes deposit any amount you want and start investing.

The very best time to start investing is as early as possible. A dollar now for a 18 y/o kid will be a hundred when he retires.

Hell take webull here. Open an account put in a hundred and they'll give you two free stocks. #shameless plug

https://act.webull.com/i/Pidl4YpQPykI/3j2/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm not sure, but there is no excuse for them to not think about it. If they finished middle school they learn about compound interest in math class. These days there is NO excuse to not invest. In the past, you had to have an employee 401k plan or 10k to even open an account. Now you can open an account in 10 minutes deposit any amount you want and start investing.

The very best time to start investing is as early as possible. A dollar now for a 18 y/o kid will be a hundred when he retires.

Hell take webull here. Open an account put in a hundred and they'll give you two free stocks. #shameless plug

https://act.webull.com/i/Pidl4YpQPykI/3j2/

I completely agree but I know that I didn’t think much about it until I was about 23 and I know a lot of my young employees know very little about it. We encourage them to contribute to their 401k accounts. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I completely agree but I know that I didn’t think much about it until I was about 23 and I know a lot of my young employees know very little about it. We encourage them to contribute to their 401k accounts. 

Teach them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Teach them

We have the company we go through for our 401k come in and make suggestions along with answer questions. 

It needs to start in High School. Just simple stuff about compounding interest. My civics teacher told a story about Ben Franklin setting up a compounding interest account for the city of Philly with about $100 or something stupid. It could not be touched for a while under that agreement. Today it's worth millions of dollars. The city can now use some of it but the point is it keeps growing and giving forever. Neat thing old Ben did.

That really stuck with me as a teenager. That one story about the power of investing, saving. This was a crappy public school. Probably one of the worse and the teacher taught us something sidebar most good schools didn't get. It's worthless though if one does not apply it.