WhiteWonder

2020 Season Discussion

12 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

I'm with you.  The sports seasons, in the midst of everything that is going on aren't achieving what I think they'd hoped to achieve.  And from a fantasy perspective have and will be difficult to have any sort of gameplan and consistency. 

I’d be cool if they just ppd all the games but when I’m trying to beat lambert and the cardinals keep playing plus a double header last night, it’s kind of hard to compete in any of the counting stats :wall:

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I’d be cool if they just ppd all the games but when I’m trying to beat lambert and the cardinals keep playing plus a double header last night, it’s kind of hard to compete in any of the counting stats :wall:

Your words are hurtful....

36 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

Your words are hurtful....

Yeah, weren't all of your Cards out of action for like two weeks?  :D

Of course they were back in time to lay the smack down on the Os.  <_<

But yeah, this has been a crazy and impossible season to try to navigate.  :dunno:

22 hours ago, Mookz said:

Yeah, weren't all of your Cards out of action for like two weeks?  :D

Of course they were back in time to lay the smack down on the Os.  <_<

But yeah, this has been a crazy and impossible season to try to navigate.  :dunno:

17 LOOOOOONG days.  Basically punted 2-1/2 weeks of a 20 week season.  Glad I could make it back for our matchup though. lol.   Crazy season for sure.  

22 hours ago, lambert58 said:

17 LOOOOOONG days.  Basically punted 2-1/2 weeks of a 20 week season.  Glad I could make it back for our matchup though. lol.   Crazy season for sure.  

20 week season?  Try 7 weeks.  We gots two weeks left after this one.  😬

On 8/29/2020 at 9:29 PM, Mookz said:

20 week season?  Try 7 weeks.  We gots two weeks left after this one.  😬

Good luck this week mooksy 

19 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Good luck this week mooksy 

Right back atcha, slick.  ;)

Thrilled to still be in the conversation at this point.  B)

6 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Sh*tty Yahoo Fantasy App randomly set itself to give push notifications for every transaction by every team.

Good, so it wasn't just me.  😏

That 29 run outburst by the Braves tonight came at just the right time!

18 hours ago, Burt said:

I’m so happy for you....  (yeah - I’m playing Burt this week) 

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2020 at 2:24 AM, Burt said:

😩

Ah fuddy duddy...

Looks like fifth place one-half game out of the playoffs.

Blah...

Not necessarily.  I've been figuring the standings Sunday night the past couple of weeks to see where I stood.  Every Monday morning there have been slight "adjustments" to the preliminary final scores that were posted Sunday night. 

Poasty nailed it this time, though.  That was a wild finish.  Things were incredibly tight going into the final week.  I got bounced from 3rd to 6th in a 4-game swing as the Os offense went into complete hibernation over the weekend.  <_<

Best of luck to the top 4.  :thumbsup:

I might have had a shot if the Braves didn't score 29 on Wednesday...

Oh well...  I was looking forward to the Dodgers/Nationals semifinal trying to figure out whom I wanted to advance...

37 minutes ago, posty said:

I might have had a shot if the Braves didn't score 29 on Wednesday...

Oh well...  I was looking forward to the Dodgers/Nationals semifinal trying to figure out whom I wanted to advance...

Hah, good point.  We narrowly avoided a major conflict of interest.  :D

15 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Hah, good point.  We narrowly avoided a major conflict of interest.  :D

Yeah, but I would have played it like I did all season, trying to win with both teams and see where the stats are...

Well it looks like if Berrios wins and gets a quality start, the Dodgers will be done...  Not sure on a tie what the league tiebreaker is set as since it can be changed now...

Congrats Zero!  I knew if were to have a chance I was gonna have to somehow steal a few pitching categories away from you.  Your pitching is too damn good and too deep!  Your 7th best SP would be my ace. 🤣

So I sneak into the playoffs by some miracle. Figured I'd get stomped by the mighty Dodgers, but Calhoun comes up huge with 6HR & 12 RBI's and Berrios gets the win and quality start on the final Sunday game to squeak it out. 

I think this is where that lucky horse shoe falls out of my ass. Zero and his Tribe look to be too strong for my Halos. No way I can win this thing, right? 

On 9/21/2020 at 9:30 AM, Burt said:

Congrats Zero!  I knew if were to have a chance I was gonna have to somehow steal a few pitching categories away from you.  Your pitching is too damn good and too deep!  Your 7th best SP would be my ace. 🤣

I just got lucky that Jose Ramirez decided to show up for the final two weeks because that Indians' lineup is a dumpster fire. I commented on it after the supplemental draft, but I really looked stupid in the end for passing on Tatis because I already had a #1 starting SS. Certainly could've fit him in over Jesus Aguilar in the DH spot all year.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:05 PM, BlackClouds said:

So I sneak into the playoffs by some miracle. Figured I'd get stomped by the mighty Dodgers, but Calhoun comes up huge with 6HR & 12 RBI's and Berrios gets the win and quality start on the final Sunday game to squeak it out. 

I think this is where that lucky horse shoe falls out of my ass. Zero and his Tribe look to be too strong for my Halos. No way I can win this thing, right? 

Depends on if I get enough offense and if Quantrill can make it through the day without getting smacked around like Civale.

cngrats ZT on winning the Ted Trophy,. :cheers:

Congrats

When are we starting the draft?  I need to know when to be ready by.

21 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

When are we starting the draft?  I need to know when to be ready by.

The 202O draft started quite a while ago 😉