It was a good dry run. We can start for real on Monday 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Is it just me, or are we making excellent time?  🤔

don't jinx it... but yes we are

51 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

It was a good dry run. We can start for real on Monday 

I second this motion...

Yay!!!  All of my crappy backups that I am targeting are being drafted now...

:wall:

• Like 1

I think Ted made both his 7th and 8th rounders.... correct?

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I think Ted made both his 7th and 8th rounders.... correct?

Yes apologies...  I missed his eighth round pick when I was catching up on the picks...

Thank you for catching that...

Really not a lot left for me.  Taking a few flyers. I always loved Arozarena with the Cards. Felt he didn’t get a proper chance due to bad contracts in St. Louis. The kid can flat out hit.  Rosenthal is an elite closer when right. He might not get a lot of opportunity in Kansas City but he has that relationship with Matheny and he will be used I think. 

Finished. I guess I can make a hits and misses post here instead of starting a new thread. 

HITS

Charlie Morton - my top target

Jake Odorizzi - maybe my 5th target

Travis d’Arnaud

Yandy Diaz - I don’t love owning so many if the Rays ever moving pieces but he has skills

Drew Smyly - upside play

Kirby Yates - we’ve covered this. He could and should have been my 2nd pick. Got lucky. 

Mallex Smith - OF depth, steals 

Ji-Man Choi - another Rays moving piece 

Chaz Roe and Sergio Romo - was hoping to get one and got both. Should both be solid sources of holds. 

MISSES

Tommy Pham, David Price, Wilson Ramos, CJ Cron, Nathan Eovaldi, Jesus Aguilar, kind of Wade Davis. 

The draft order really hurt in terms of prior to rolling I felt good about getting Morton, Price AND Ramos.... not so much. I would have liked to get Cron. 

@29 Guests @Mookz

If you guys find some time, could you please start filling in the later rounds with your keepers please?  I would just like to "close" those rounds as completed...

Thanks guys!!

25 minutes ago, posty said:

@29 Guests @Mookz

If you guys find some time, could you please start filling in the later rounds with your keepers please?  I would just like to "close" those rounds as completed...

Thanks guys!!

I'm not bein' lazy, I just need a better idea of how many spaces I'll need for actual draft picks.  And it's definitely not a matter of protecting guys for the supplemental.  :(

• Thanks 1

Hits: 

1. my exclusives. Won the title last year with homegrown talent. Came into this draft with a starter and some key backups at every position.  Also had 10 Exclusive pitchers who are in starting rotations for their respective teams. Allows me to throw a lot of volume at the pitching stats every week. 

2. Getting Pham. Having the last pick meant being at the complete mercy of every team before me.  WW had a tough choice to make in round 1 and I benefitted from it. 

misses: 

There were only 2 players I coveted and both fell in the first round before my pick. They were Lance Lynn and Marcell Ozuna. Really high on Lynn again this year and I believe Ozuna will have a monster year playing in Atlanta. 

I'm on it!

• Like 1

Ahh, I forgot I wanted Gomes.  Nice grab ZT.  On my list but I was so keyed in on filling out the crap pitchers and outfielders, Gomes got buried with my other catchers and I just mind dumped.

Overall I can't complain.  While the number might grow a bit I only 'lost" 13 players which compared to some isn't too bad.  

Hits:

Had to make a choice on Best Player Available or one of my weakest positions.  I went with Donaldson and knew I was sacrificing.  The hope here is that especially paired with my later taking Urshela at what I considered value at round 4, I would have 3 quality 3B and maybe I can get a trade for a position of need.  Hendricks I think is my best RP available and while I would certainly have paired a duo of closers on that turn I wasn't so lucky.  Thames was also a decent value pick considering the depth of Posty's team and I was glad to at least hope he can have some upside with playing time.  Got 4 SP after round 6 which all should have secure spots in their lineups; Shoemaker, Roark, Brett Anderson, JA Happ.  These to go along with my other 6 SP who also are pretty secure should at least let me throw numbers at that position.

Misses:

Certainly knew I wasn't getting Price and also figured I wouldn't see Ryu return back to me for a late round 4 after taking Encarnacion but those are 2 big inning eaters that are potential top arms and probably my only top arms.  Any OF for me is a miss but while I came out with 2 eligible non-exclusives i'll still mention Grichuck.  And my last miss mention are those related to Houston.  Osuna and Giles.  Would otherwise be exclusive but I seriously considered the 2-3 turn to take 2 I just didn't want to rate Giles that high and 29G took Osuna the 1 pick before me.  I have 5 other players that would be exclusive if not for Houston being rep'd.  Some didn't get drafted but we'll have to play the trigger game if something moves on them later on.  A few more I'd be fighting over but still other teams involved too.

The Jays ripped me up pretty good with Donaldson/Encarnacion/Urshela. I'm fine as far as starters go, but lacking depth. 

Faster draft than I remember but also we replaced slow and vanishing cdub with posty so that probably has a lot to do with it. 

opening day is .... 21 days away? 

id assume this gets wrapped up by tomorrow. We can run the ping pong balls next week and take our time with the supplemental which might be a little less robust this year with all of the Nationals exclusives leaving the draft pool

I forgot about Rosenthal.  I just looked at the royals current 40-man, not other moves that were made.  Probably would have taken him over Diekman.  Oh well.

When's the supplemental start?

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I forgot about Rosenthal.  I just looked at the royals current 40-man, not other moves that were made.  Probably would have taken him over Diekman.  Oh well.

When's the supplemental start?

I could have had Rosenthal as well, but I think he is a headcase and I think he won't be back to him old self...

Willing to trade one of my shortstops to those in need.

Offering: Segura, Simmons

Needs: Pitching, Outfield, Catcher

15 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

id assume this gets wrapped up by tomorrow. We can run the ping pong balls next week and take our time with the supplemental which might be a little less robust this year with all of the Nationals exclusives leaving the draft pool

I would have no issue waiting a little time before doing the supplemental draft...  That way it would allow cmh put in the rosters, drop the league down to 14 teams and start the league...

2 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

The Jays ripped me up pretty good with Donaldson/Encarnacion/Urshela. I'm fine as far as starters go, but lacking depth. 

Yeah sorry about that.  My options are lacking so I went for as much offense as I could.

Speaking of trade board:

Donaldson, Guerrero, Urshela - give up one maybe 2 (package with a lower tier SP if desired)

For: Outfield or Pitching upgrade

I get weirdly attached to my players :lol:

not sure who I’d like to trade away or what I want in return. I’m short on stars but have a ton of depth most places. 

I might have some holds for trade..... :mellow:

I'm happy we've essentially been able to get this done so quick.  Our high school softball season begins Monday.  Once that starts, my day will be filled with my real job from 6am to 3pm and the job I like from 3:30 to 6 or later.  So my availability would be very limited.  Last spring, I struggled mightily getting in my picks!

I can’t wait to see my lineup in yahoo and set it. It’s like Xmas morning 🤣

Woot!

Picks remaining

@Mookz: 10

@Burt:5

Then @cmh6476  can enter all of the rosters in, change the league to 14 teams and then start the league then we can prep for the supplemental...

:banana:

36 minutes ago, posty said:

Woot!

Picks remaining

@Mookz: 10

@Burt:5

Then @cmh6476  can enter all of the rosters in, change the league to 14 teams and then start the league then we can prep for the supplemental...

:banana:

I wonder why it needs to be changed to 14. We’ve had 14 for at least the past three seasons

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

I wonder why it needs to be changed to 14. We’ve had 14 for at least the past three seasons

No idea...  Just when you look at the settings it says 16 teams max...  Not sure what would happen if he tries to start the league and we have 14 with 16 max teams...  It might open it up for others to join to "fill" it...

1 hour ago, posty said:

No idea...  Just when you look at the settings it says 16 teams max...  Not sure what would happen if he tries to start the league and we have 14 with 16 max teams...  It might open it up for others to join to "fill" it...

I don't think it does.  When I finalized the draft last year or the year before it just starts the season.

9 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

I don't think it does.  When I finalized the draft last year or the year before it just starts the season.

That is good to know...

anyone else have time to enter our draft results?  I could make you a co-commish of the league.  I'm way behind on sh1t and don't foresee having time this weekend either.

18 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

anyone else have time to enter our draft results?  I could make you a co-commish of the league.  I'm way behind on sh1t and don't foresee having time this weekend either.

I can help out...

22 hours ago, posty said:

I could have had Rosenthal as well, but I think he is a headcase and I think he won't be back to him old self...

He is just a last pick flyer for me.  He has a history with Matheny and from what I have read he is throwing really well this spring. If it works out great.. if not, not really a loss. 

Just now, lambert58 said:

He is just a last pick flyer for me.  He has a history with Matheny and from what I have read he is throwing really well this spring. If it works out great.. if not, not really a loss. 

Yeah that is what I figured...  I mean it makes sense and if it works out, that is a nice pick...

Did I miss an invite for the yahoo league?  I’m not sure I am signed onto it yet. 

Had a brain phart of my own, there.  Had Rio Ruiz on my list, was drafting in front of Burt, but somehow did not make the connection, and drafted three more players before he made his pick.  :doh:

2 hours ago, posty said:

I can help out...

done

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Had a brain phart of my own, there.  Had Rio Ruiz on my list, was drafting in front of Burt, but somehow did not make the connection, and drafted three more players before he made his pick.  :doh:

I was wondering why you left him out there. Its not like he's gonna help either of us win a week, though, but he can sometimes fill the role of a warm body while someone else is off or injured. 

23 minutes ago, Burt said:

I was wondering why you left him out there. Its not like he's gonna help either of us win a week, though, but he can sometimes fill the role of a warm body while someone else is off or injured. 

I'm a big dumb.  He's having a good spring, too.