Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

GC Fantasy Nascar

54 minutes ago, Strike said:

Race tracks are not designed for specific speeds.  You realize race tracks get used for a variety of types of racing, with equipment capable of wide varieties of speed, right?  They don't design a race track for a certain speed and Ross' speed certainly in and of itself wasn't unsafe. 

You guys seem to be saying "I don't like what he did" and working back from there, which is really not the best way to formulate a stance.  But you don't define WHY you don't like it.   And, if you did, I'd be able to find examples that meet the exact same criteria that you're complaining about that are currently legal and you have no problem with. 

I'll need more time to get back to you(little behind since I just missed an hour of work to put a temp crown on for the 2nd time_) about it, but "Not liking what he did" has nothing to do with my reasoning. I loved that he said fock it, playoffs or bust and went ballz out.  Plus he knocked out my current least favorite driver in Hamlin.

I'm concerned that more attempts like that aren't going to go as smoothly.  Anyway, I'll readdress this at lunch.  

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'll need more time to get back to you(little behind since I just missed an hour of work to put a temp crown on for the 2nd time_) about it, but "Not liking what he did" has nothing to do with my reasoning. I loved that he said fock it, playoffs or bust and went ballz out.  Plus he knocked out my current least favorite driver in Hamlin.

I'm concerned that more attempts like that aren't going to go as smoothly.  Anyway, I'll readdress this at lunch.  

I actually agree with this, and do think NASCAR should at least discuss this.  I'm just not in the "outlaw it immediately!!!!" camp.   It's new, and maybe making it illegal should be done.  But only after careful consideration of the pros, cons, and safety issues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

For sure. Great move but if they don't make a rule change everyone will send it at Martinsville on the last lap.

And Bristol. Let's not forget about Bristol. Last lap, you're in 5th, you need to win to get in the playoffs, yeah hit the gas, ride the wall on the final turn. 😁 That'll put asses in the seats.

The entire thing is pretty cool, but if you want to hear the reactions to the wall riding, skip ahead to 5:15

On 10/31/2022 at 6:47 AM, iam90sbaby said:

Martinsville was built in 1949 and the original lap record was 54mph, almost 15 seconds off today's pace.

He found a grey area and took advantage of it. But going forward there should be a rule. Otherwise the last lap of Martinsville will have  multiple drivers attempting that move and it will taint every finish, if you dont think that will happen you're nuts.

Also this move could have never been pulled off in any generation of Cup car except this one.

And I'll take you up on that challenge, please find an example.

If Denny's spotter had been paying attention he could've let him know to block the top or at least squeeze Ross against the wall and hope to cross the line first. 

Ross made a move nobody had seen before and it paid off. You can bet guys won't let it happen again in the future. 

3 hours ago, 5-Points said:

If Denny's spotter had been paying attention he could've let him know to block the top or at least squeeze Ross against the wall and hope to cross the line first. 

Ross made a move nobody had seen before and it paid off. You can bet guys won't let it happen again in the future. 

He was on Jr's podcast and did call high, problem is even if you call high no one expects a car to be going 25+ MPH faster at Martinsville and the spotter can't get the words out fast enough.

Entire group agrees it was a great move but there will definitely be a rule next year, which is what I was saying too. Except one hillbilly baboon.

9 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

He was on Jr's podcast and did call high, problem is even if you call high no one expects a car to be going 25+ MPH faster at Martinsville and the spotter can't get the words out fast enough.

Entire group agrees it was a great move but there will definitely be a rule next year, which is what I was saying too. Except one hillbilly baboon.

Love DBC. I'll have to check that episode out. 

10 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Maybe 25 when he called it. read on The Athletic he entered the turn 50 miles an hour faster than normal. Seriously, got to love the desire to do anything to advance...

Championship bump! 

Sux doesn't even need to set a lineup. Rookie runs away with the Champeenship this year. :first:

I'm thinking Chase gets his second but after last week you can't count Chastain out, even with the terrible starting position. Still think Denny has something up his sleeve too. 

:cheers: boys! 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Championship bump! 

Sux doesn't even need to set a lineup. Rookie runs away with the Champeenship this year. :first:

I'm thinking Chase gets his second but after last week you can't count Chastain out, even with the terrible starting position. Still think Denny has something up his sleeve too. 

No idea why everyone is sleeping on Logano. Definitely the most talented of the 4, the only thing that could hold him back is that Penske car.

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

No idea why everyone is sleeping on Logano. Definitely the most talented of the 4, the only thing that could hold him back is that Penske car.

Not sleeping on him at all. He's just my least favorite. :D

Also, how much does that suck for Ty Gibbs? You win the Xfinity championship and your dad dies later that night. That celebration was short lived.  :(

Just now, 5-Points said:

Not sleeping on him at all. He's just my least favorite. :D

Also, how much does that suck for Ty Gibbs? You win the X-finity championship and your dad dies later that night. That celebration was short lived.  :(

Gibbs family is pretty close to the Snyder's right? I wouldn't rule out drug use, might've been partying a little too hard last night 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Gibbs family is pretty close to the Snyder's right? I wouldn't rule out drug use, might've been partying a little too hard last night 

Read it was a car wreck. Thought the same thing. Celebrating the W a little too hard? Hope not but who knows? 

2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Championship bump! 

:pointstosky:

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Chastain is in 6th, so he's one turn away from the lead!

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

The dinner with a view...no fockin' way.

Yeah, no. 

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Chastain's crew chief better be ordering extra security right now.

This is one time I don't think he did anything wrong. He held his line. I wish he'd have lifted but Chase turned down in front of him.  :dunno: 

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

This is one time I don't think he did anything wrong. He held his line. I wish he'd have lifted but Chase turned down in front of him.  :dunno: 

I don't think he did anything wrong either.  Just between his reputation and Chase's fan base, I'd want a lot of security leaving that track.

52 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I don't think he did anything wrong either.  Just between his reputation and Chase's fan base, I'd want a lot of security leaving that track.

Show them this. 

I get your point. Although, after last week's finish, Chastain might have more fans than Chase.  :lol:

• Like 1

Congrats Sux. :first:

:cheers:

LOOK AT MEEEE :banana:

What do I win? 

18 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

LOOK AT MEEEE :banana:

What do I win? 

A kewrs light and a kick in the nuts. :cheers: 

Just now, 5-Points said:

A kewrs light and a kick in the nuts. :cheers: 

That's just a normal Saturday night for Sux and his life partner.

11 hours ago, Strike said:

That's just a normal Saturday night for Sux and his life partner.

But this time he gets to say "I'm the champ" as he's getting kicked in the nuts. 

First off @bostonlager you need to add Sux's name to the Hall. 

Secondly, with Daytoner a little over a month away, do we want to stick with the current website or look for alternatives? 

Thirdly, DAYTONER IS ONLY A LITTLE OVER A MONTH AWAY!!!! :headbanger:

Secondly, with Daytoner a little over a month away, do we want to stick with the current website or look for alternatives? 

You forgot to congratulate Bubba Smolett for getting married in the off season. :overhead:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

You forgot to congratulate Bubba Smolett for getting married in the off season. :overhead:

Married a white woman because he's raciss against black women. 

HOF updated. 

I would welcome a new site if there is a good alternative. I would prefer something where we pick our drivers and that is it. I do not like the garage feature. I can't watch every race all year and manage that the way you need to in order to win. I think 90s mentioned a site a while ago, but don't remember what it was. 

26 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

HOF updated. 

I would welcome a new site if there is a good alternative. I would prefer something where we pick our drivers and that is it. I do not like the garage feature. I can't watch every race all year and manage that the way you need to in order to win. I think 90s mentioned a site a while ago, but don't remember what it was. 

I checked out one of the sites he mentioned. Seemed more complicated that the current one. I'm good staying or changing. 

I checked out one of the sites he mentioned. Seemed more complicated that the current one. I'm good staying or changing. 

I am still looking. I checked out Fantraxx, but they don't have player pools. Its setup for a draft and that is dumb for NASCAR

• Like 1

I found this one. They are working on some improvements and the site won't be full go for a couple more weeks, but its based on the old Yahoo format. 

Drivers grouped into A, B, and C. each week you start 1 A, 2 B, and 1 C with limitations on  how many times you can use each driver. You set your line up before the race and forget it. 

https://drivergroupgame.com/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I found this one. They are working on some improvements and the site won't be full go for a couple more weeks, but its based on the old Yahoo format. 

Drivers grouped into A, B, and C. each week you start 1 A, 2 B, and 1 C with limitations on  how many times you can use each driver. You set your line up before the race and forget it. 

https://drivergroupgame.com/

Sounds good for me. Will we be able to set up our own private leagues within their system?