Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

GC Fantasy Nascar

11 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Sounds good for me. Will we be able to set up our own private leagues within their system? 

They have a forum that I was reading a bit and yes, you can set up private leagues. 

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

They have a forum that I was reading a bit and yes, you can set up private leagues. 

Let's do it. We can't register or anything for 16 days?

Looks like they have Xfinity and CTS too, that's cool.

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Let's do it. We can't register or anything for 16 days?

Looks like they have Xfinity and CTS too, that's cool.

The forum said they are making upgrades for the upcoming season, so the countdown you see on the page will be when we can login. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I found this one. They are working on some improvements and the site won't be full go for a couple more weeks, but its based on the old Yahoo format. 

Drivers grouped into A, B, and C. each week you start 1 A, 2 B, and 1 C with limitations on  how many times you can use each driver. You set your line up before the race and forget it. 

https://drivergroupgame.com/

I'm not so sure about this one boys. They have Bubba listed as Group B. He should definitely be in Group C. 

33 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I'm not so sure about this one boys. They have Bubba listed as Group B. He should definitely be in Group C. 

Either way, I won't ever start him. Haven't in the 3 years we've been doing this

52 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

He had some serious speed at the end of the year. DK and FanDuel both had his salary 8k+ the last 10 races or so, which is basically B tier. I think it's deserved, definitely moreso than Austin Dillon or Cindric. 

29 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Either way, I won't ever start him. Haven't in the 3 years we've been doing this

I'd start him at Daytona or Dega. Other then that prolly not unless I was out of starts for other drivers. 

13 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

He had some serious speed at the end of the year. DK and FanDuel both had his salary 8k+ the last 10 races or so, which is basically B tier. I think it's deserved, definitely moreso than Austin Dillon or Cindric. 

When he was in Kurt's car. He didn't have that kind of speed in the 23. 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

When he was in Kurt's car. He didn't have that kind of speed in the 23. 

He was decent in the 45. I remember he had a handful of good runs in the first half of the year. He did take it up a notch in the 23 I agree.

Me thinks we should have some money bet in this league. 
Nothing serious, but enough to keep the people who join at least try and submit lineups for the whole year. 

I nominate Honcho as treasurer :thumbsup:

$25 sounds good 

14 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Nothing serious, but enough to keep the people who join at least try and submit lineups for the whole year. 

I hate responsibility.  :(  

But I'd go 25-50 bucks for the league. 

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I hate responsibility.  :(  

But I'd go 25-50 bucks for the league. 

I will go $50 as well. 

4 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I will go $50 as well. 

same

I should say, I am willing to play for any amount if we move to the new site. I get busy in the summer and can't watch every race to manage the garage factor on nascar.com. 

or in the case of Pocono - some races are just boring. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

I should say, I am willing to play for any amount if we move to the new site. I get busy in the summer and can't watch every race to manage the garage factor on nascar.com. 

This for me too.  I don't always watch the races live so the garage thing was a deal breaker for me.  Otherwise, I'd consider playing with you fellows again.

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

or in the case of Pocono - some races are just boring. 

My least favorite track as well. Was cool in the Gen4 cars but since they went to the highdown force stuff it's been pretty bland. 

22 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Could also discourage people from joining in the first place. But I guess it's better to have 5 teams who want to play than 12 teams who, half of which, are going to puss out after a few weeks. 

On 1/6/2023 at 4:53 PM, 5-Points said:

Could also discourage people from joining in the first place. But I guess it's better to have 5 teams who want to play than 12 teams who, half of which, are going to puss out after a few weeks. 

True.  We gotta play for summfin, though

16 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

True.  We gotta play for summfin, though

Somebody ask Mike to put up an FFTODAY t-shirt. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2023 at 6:32 PM, bostonlager said:

I found this one. They are working on some improvements and the site won't be full go for a couple more weeks, but its based on the old Yahoo format. 

Drivers grouped into A, B, and C. each week you start 1 A, 2 B, and 1 C with limitations on  how many times you can use each driver. You set your line up before the race and forget it. 

https://drivergroupgame.com/

Looks like it's live 

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Looks like it's live 

Nice, good catch. I will go in this evening and get a league set up. 

League is created: Password: GFIAFP

https://drivergroupgame.com/league/geek-neckar/home

I'm still exploring the site to see what is going on and will report back any thing I find noteworthy. 

For those that never played yahoo fantasy nascar, the scoring/lineups are simple 

BEFORE qualifying pick 2 A, 4 B, and 2 C. 

AFTER qualifying you start 1 A, 2 B, and 1 C from the list of drivers you selected before qualifying. 

I'm down to play for money or do another free to test out the new site. If we play for money, let me know how much and who to send it to. 

They split it up into segments as well. When I used to play in a league at my local bar we paid out something like this. 

Spring segment winner - 15% of the pot. 

Summer segment 15%

Playoffs - 15%

Overall season Winner 35%

Overall season 2nd place 20%

It kept everyone interested all year and we didn't have any dropouts. 

Daytona is going to be different. Starting positions are determined by the results of the duel races. No qualifying points will be awarded for Daytona and you simply need to pick the drivers you want to start. Moving forward, all other races will have 2 locking times. 1 to get your 8 drivers to start the week and 2. your final starters. 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

I'm down to play for money or do another free to test out the new site. If we play for money, let me know how much and who to send it to. 

We should definitely play for money

Looks good enough, much better than NASCARs official fantasy 

:lol: They have Archie Bunker as my avatar. This one will work!

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

:lol: They have Archie Bunker as my avatar. This one will work!

avatars are not fully functional yet. Mines keeps changing from Indiana Jones to Daisy Duke, to Marilyn Monroe

Giddy up! Maybe I’ll actually make picks this time. See how many neckar fans I can beat. 

Who is lets go crapsman and drunk monkeys?

We are a little over a week away. Are we playing for money or doing free this year to test out the site?

I will do either,but would prefer a a $25 or $50 buy-in to make it interesting. Honcho was nominated as the money man if he doesn't mind 

On 2/10/2023 at 7:15 AM, bostonlager said:

Who is lets go crapsman and drunk monkeys?

We are a little over a week away. Are we playing for money or doing free this year to test out the site?

I will do either,but would prefer a a $25 or $50 buy-in to make it interesting. Honcho was nominated as the money man if he doesn't mind 

I'm hoping someone else steps up.  Never participated in any geek league that has a money component, don't have the first clue how people handle it

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm hoping someone else steps up.  Never participated in any geek league that has a money component, don't have the first clue how people handle it

Could always use league safe as an escrow 

https://www.leaguesafe.com/

On 1/23/2023 at 6:35 PM, bostonlager said:

League is created: Password: GFIAFP

https://drivergroupgame.com/league/geek-neckar/home

I'm still exploring the site to see what is going on and will report back any thing I find noteworthy. 

For those that never played yahoo fantasy nascar, the scoring/lineups are simple 

BEFORE qualifying pick 2 A, 4 B, and 2 C. 

AFTER qualifying you start 1 A, 2 B, and 1 C from the list of drivers you selected before qualifying. 

What's the league ID #?