Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Marquette University threatened to rescind student’s admission over pro-Trump TikTok video

The left doing what they do best. Exclude people, and then impose or threaten violence because they don't agree with them.

https://www.tiktok.com/@conservativegirl0/video/6835771976825474309?source=h5_m 

https://www.thecollegefix.com/marquette-university-threatened-to-rescind-students-admission-over-pro-trump-tiktok-video/

Soon to be Marquette University freshman Samantha Pfefferle has yet to even step foot on campus, yet she said she is already facing possible dismissal from the school.

The threat to cancel Pfefferle’s admission came after she posted a video to her account on the popular social media site TikTok showing her support for President Donald Trump.

The video, titled “When the libs find their way to your page,” lists captions such as “When people see that I support Trump,” “Then try to hate on me,” and “And think I’ll change my views,” over a video of Pfefferle dancing.

The video features a Trump 2020 flag as well as a sign reading “Marquette 2024.” The song used in the video is rapper 6ix9ine’s GOOBA, and plays lyrics such as “ He’s mad, she’s’ mad, big sad, haha, don’t care, stay mad.”

Pfefferle’s post has been watched nearly 600,000 times and has since caught the attention of the Marquette community, some of whom began harassing Pfefferle. Others threatened her life.

“I hope you get shot,” one commenter told Pfefferle. “I’d pray for you but you’re not worth it,” another user added.

“I was extremely disappointed by the incendiary comments,” Pfefferle told The College Fix in an interview. “The response from my peers has been repulsive.”

Pfefferle explained that following the TikTok, she was contacted by Brian Troyer, dean of undergraduate admissions at Marquette, who she said told her her acceptance to the school was far from certain.

“[He] had the heart to tell me I wasn’t a student,” Pfefferle said. “This means that my classification is still in limbo and is currently being decided by the administration. I have been accepted, I paid for my housing, I have my roommates, I even have a complete class schedule. If that doesn’t make me a student, what does?”

Some Marquette administrators also asked Pfefferle a series of questions meant to judge her morals, she said.

“They also asked me hypothetical questions regarding Dreamers,” she said. “How would I respond if a Dreamer who lived down the hall from me came up to me and told me she didn’t feel safe or comfortable with my views and me being on campus. They also asked me if they thought there was anything I could do to improve my image on campus. They proceeded to ask if I was comfortable with the reputation I have established for myself. The assistant dean asked if I put any thought into the response I would be getting from my videos.”

The College Fix reached out to Marquette University, which did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Commenters on TikTok are also continuing to express their disapproval of Pfefferle’s conservative views.

“how can i help. she will not be going to college next year,” wrote a commenter. “Free speech does not mean no consequences,” commented another. “i love love LOVE conservatives getting their school offers revoked,” added one user.

admission over pro-Trump TikTok video
Pfefferle-370x242.jpg

UPDATED

Soon to be Marquette University freshman Samantha Pfefferle has yet to even step foot on campus, yet she said she is already facing possible dismissal from the school.

The threat to cancel Pfefferle’s admission came after she posted a video to her account on the popular social media site TikTok showing her support for President Donald Trump.

The video, titled “When the libs find their way to your page,” lists captions such as “When people see that I support Trump,” “Then try to hate on me,” and “And think I’ll change my MarquetteTikTok.jpgviews,” over a video of Pfefferle dancing.

The video features a Trump 2020 flag as well as a sign reading “Marquette 2024.” The song used in the video is rapper 6ix9ine’s GOOBA, and plays lyrics such as “ He’s mad, she’s’ mad, big sad, haha, don’t care, stay mad.”

Pfefferle’s post has been watched nearly 600,000 times and has since caught the attention of the Marquette community, some of whom began harassing Pfefferle. Others threatened her life.

“I hope you get shot,” one commenter told Pfefferle. “I’d pray for you but you’re not worth it,” another user added.

“I was extremely disappointed by the incendiary comments,” Pfefferle told The College Fix in an interview. “The response from my peers has been repulsive.”

Pfefferle explained that following the TikTok, she was contacted by Brian Troyer, dean of undergraduate admissions at Marquette, who she said told her her acceptance to the school was far from certain.

“[He] had the heart to tell me I wasn’t a student,” Pfefferle said. “This means that my classification is still in limbo and is currently being decided by the administration. I have been accepted, I paid for my housing, I have my roommates, I even have a complete class schedule. If that doesn’t make me a student, what does?”

Some Marquette administrators also asked Pfefferle a series of questions meant to judge her morals, she said.

“They also asked me hypothetical questions regarding Dreamers,” she said. “How would I respond if a Dreamer who lived down the hall from me came up to me and told me she didn’t feel safe or comfortable with my views and me being on campus. They also asked me if they thought there was anything I could do to improve my image on campus. They proceeded to ask if I was comfortable with the reputation I have established for myself. The assistant dean asked if I put any thought into the response I would be getting from my videos.”

The College Fix reached out to Marquette University, which did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

A Marquette spokeswoman told Empower Wisconsin that the school had not rescinded Pfefferle’s offer, although acknowledged “the admissions team did recently have a conversation with incoming freshman Samantha Pfefferle about statements made on her social media accounts.”

Other social media users are beginning to band together against Pfefferle as well.

An Instagram user has since created a copy and paste email template requesting to have Pfefferle’s admission rescinded from Marquette and is encouraging others to send the email to Marquette’s administration. It states in part:

Ms. Pfefferle has been very vocal on social media (TikTok, Instagram) about how she is enthusiastic about coming to Marquette in the Fall. As a Marquette student who is passionate for the University’s core values, such as Cura Personalis, and recognizing everyone’s human dignity, these transphobic, racist, and xenophobic comments should not be tolerated.

These comments made by Ms. Pfefferle were shared publicly, and were clearly presented as mocking jokes. Ms. Pfefferle is obviously proud of her statements, as she stands behind her words in every post.

These comments create and perpetuate an unsafe space for the LGBTQ+ community, first generation students, and Dreamers at Marquette.

Samantha Pfefferle is proud of her transphobic and xenophobic opinions, which under no circumstances should be allowed at Marquette. The University can and should make it their priority to ensure students (specifically LGBTQ+, immigrants, first gen, and POC) feel safe, valued, and appreciated on campus.

Commenters on TikTok are also continuing to express their disapproval of Pfefferle’s conservative views.

“how can i help. she will not be going to college next year,” wrote a commenter. “Free speech does not mean no consequences,” commented another. “i love love LOVE conservatives getting their school offers revoked,” added one user.

Pfefferle is not alone in her fight to attend Marquette, however, as a petition on Change.org titled “Stop Marquette University From Removing Incoming Conservative Student for Her Beliefs” aims to keep her enrolled.

“Freedom of expression is the most fundamental of all rights,” the petition states. “What precedence are we setting for future conservative generations? We can’t afford to capitulate in the face of tyranny when our youth are depending on us to protect their rights.”

“Since when did one’s political leanings make a difference as to whether or not one can attend a college?” one petition signer asked.

The call to action, which has reached more than 1,200 supporters in seven days, petitions the Republican National Committee along with 16 other famous conservatives including former Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, President Donald Trump, and conservative talk show host Sean Hannity, to help spread awareness of Pfefferle’s fight.

When asked her plans for this fall, Pfefferle explained she still hopes to attend Marquette.

“I still would like to attend Marquette University,” she said. “However, because of the death threats, bullying, and harassment, this transition will be difficult to make. As of right now, I’m being left in the dark as to how Marquette is addressing the harassment.”

Why would he want to go there if they don't want him there?  If that were me, the threat alone would make me say "F##k you very much, I'll go somewhere else".

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Why would he want to go there if they don't want him there?  If that were me, the threat alone would make me say "F##k you very much, I'll go somewhere else".

She was already registered for all of her classes. Paid for room and board. Had a roommate, etc...

Then she was contacted by the school about her not necessarily being admitted because she supports Trump.

So in reality, it's not about her being accepted, it's about her being expelled because she supports Trump. They just used a different wrong term for it. 

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

She was already registered for all of her classes. Paid for room and board. Had a roommate, etc...

Then she was contacted by the school about her not necessarily being admitted because she supports Trump.

I saw that.  Doesn't change my mind.  If they don't give her the money back, she can sue for it.  I would.

Not much of a choice. They’re all leftist incubators. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not much of a choice. They’re all leftist incubators. 

Someone less liberal will accept her.

And next time a leftist pig says they don’t like being told they hate America remember this. They don’t even know what it is to be one anymore. 

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Someone less liberal will accept her.

Only ONE choice for this young lady: Hillsdale. 

Just now, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Visited that school for work once.  Was a pretty cool place.  It's in a town so small they have no hotels so they built one in to their student union. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And next time a leftist pig says they don’t like being told they hate America remember this. They don’t even know what it is to be one anymore. 

Yeah, I understand.  I just think that conservatives need to start being more active in education.  Maybe this is the launching pad.  Once colleges start seeing massive drops in enrollment, they'll become more open.

3 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

There's also online options.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, I understand.  I just think that conservatives need to start being more active in education.  Maybe this is the launching pad.  Once colleges start seeing massive drops in enrollment, they'll become more open.

So what if they let the kid in? Then the kid gets to be subjected to abuse not only from other students, but administrators, like we saw here, and faculty? Nope. Stand and fight if you have it in you. And start suing them. That’s what will get them to cut the shite. 

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There's also online options.

Like Harvard! 

This sh!t is unacceptable.  I’m beginning to think the courts need to step in and add protections for political thoughts, affiliations and opinions within the private realm.  Free Speech needs additional protections beyond that which is currently codified in law.  Getting fired from a job or denied admission into a college is in some ways a fate worse than being arrested.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think they need to be faced straight up. No more just saying "Go do what you want to do to this country and we'll go on our way." Fvck that. 

There is no such thing as a Dreamer. Made up word. The legal term is illegal alien according to the Library of Congress and there is a legal way for them to enter the country. If I'm not allowed to advocate for legal rule of law then I will be seeing you in a court of law.

That would have been my response. And also EAD bye.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So what if they let the kid in? Then the kid gets to be subjected to abuse not only from other students, but administrators, like we saw here, and faculty? Nope. Stand and fight if you have it in you. And start suing them. That’s what will get them to cut the shite. 

Not sure what you can sue them on.  Believe me, I'm all for that.  Just don't know what the grounds are.

8 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

This sh!t is unacceptable.  I’m beginning to think the courts need to step in and add protections for political thoughts, affiliations and opinions within the private realm.  Free Speech needs additional protections beyond that which is currently codified in law.  Getting fired from a job or denied admission into a college is in some ways a fate worse than being arrested.

But school thinks this is unacceptable in this day and age: :lol: 

Oh man, what type of hell are we living in?

https://www.tiktok.com/@conservativegirl0/video/6835771976825474309?source=h5_m 

NYPost

The Jesuit school said in a statement that its “admissions decisions are made based on academic achievements and student involvement, not political views,” adding that the report that the school “might rescind the admission of incoming freshman Samantha Pfefferle is false.”

“Marquette has not rescinded her admissions offer,” the statement says.

“Concerns about this new student that were brought to the university’s attention were not based on political affiliation but on alleged use of discriminatory language. In this case, there were also concerns for the incoming student’s safety, which were investigated by the Marquette University Police Department and discussed with the incoming student,” it added.

Samatha Smollett? 

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I think they need to be faced straight up. No more just saying "Go do what you want to do to this country and we'll go on our way." Fvck that. 

It's not that at all.  It's capitalism.  If you don't like the way things are done, do your own thing.  If other people agree with you, then they'll join you.  You don't think that if someone starts a college and says that they're mainly focused on conservative views, that their enrollment wouldn't be astronomical?  You don't think this wouldn't cause other similar institutions to pop up?

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Samatha Smollett? 

Sure, why not, the left has shown us what we can get away with......

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's not that at all.  It's capitalism.  If you don't like the way things are done, do your own thing.  If other people agree with you, then they'll join you.  You don't think that if someone starts a college and says that they're mainly focused on conservative views, that their enrollment wouldn't be astronomical?  You don't think this wouldn't cause other similar institutions to pop up?

Nope. Most industries are now controlled by liberals. They aren’t going to hire anyone from Nazi U or Confederate College. You seem to be in a bit of denial about what’s happening. A guy got fired because  he yelled at someone at Costco. The step mother of the cop in Atlanta got fired for being his stepmother. How is capitalism working out for them? There are many more examples. 

A guy got fired for say "All Lives Matter" for God's sake. This is not cool.

A video of a girl dancing to music with her basically saying too bad, Trump's here to stay thru 2024, is reason to keep her out of the university?

Most harmless thing you could ever see. 

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Samatha Smollett? 

Not really.  The article said that there was a threat to cancel her admission.  It didn't say that it was cancelled.  Also, the dean said that she wasn't a student yet so her claims that she was being harassed wouldn't be addressed.

Not really.  The article said that there was a threat to cancel her admission.  It didn't say that it was cancelled.  Also, the dean said that she wasn't a student yet so her claims that she was being harassed wouldn't be addressed.

She was accepted and had a full class schedule signed up for and paid room and board which was accepted by the university and had a assigned roommate after she was already accepted. How is she not a student?

And WTF was so wrong about her video?

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. Most industries are now controlled by liberals. They aren’t going to hire anyone from Nazi U or Confederate College. You seem to be in a bit of denial about what’s happening. A guy got fired because  he yelled at someone at Costco. The step mother of the cop in Atlanta got fired for being his srepmother. How is capitalism working out for them? There are many more examples. 

They'll have no choice.  They need employees.  If half of the students in this country goes to conservative friendly schools, then that means that's half as many going to liberal schools.  If you have a business that needs to hire 10 people and you have 20 applicants where 17 went to conservative schools, are you going to go in short staffed by 7 people until you get 7 more liberals?  That'll go over well when your employees say they're over worked and need more money.

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

A guy got fired for say "All Lives Matter" for God's sake. This is not cool.

A video of a girl dancing to music with her basically saying too bad, Trump's here to stay thru 2024, is reason to keep her out of the university?

We should all know the rules, comply or else, personal truth is all the matters, objective truth is evil.

I think we should stop arresting all African Americans, but allow individual citizens more liberal use of weapons.  The AA community would devour itself in 8 months.

How do people have time to get involved in this stuff. I was working two jobs in college, lifting weights, picking up chics, studying, hanging out at the bar with friends. Posting crap online would be the last thing I wanted to do..meh. Assuming mommy and daddy want her to have as much free time as possible and fund that lifestyle or she's fine with massive debt. 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

She was accepted and had a full class schedule signed up for and paid room and board which was accepted by the university and had a assigned roommate after she was already accepted. How is she not a student?

I agree.  I said that in response to Honcho's "Smollette" reference.  He seems to think she's making this up.  She's not.  She never said that she was getting kicked out, but was threatened about it.  She then said the dean said she wasn't a student.  This isn't a Smollett comparison.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They'll have no choice.  They need employees.  If half of the students in this country goes to conservative friendly schools, then that means that's half as many going to liberal schools.  If you have a business that needs to hire 10 people and you have 20 applicants where 17 went to conservative schools, are you going to go in short staffed by 7 people until you get 7 more liberals?  That'll go over well when your employees say they're over worked and need more money.

And in the meantime, while we are waiting for this equilibrium to develop? 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Turn the tables on this one. If it was a conservative school, and they didn't allow some black dude in because he posted a tiktok video of him endorsing Biden, what would be front and center in the media today?

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

And in the meantime, while we are waiting for this equilibrium to develop? 

Like I said above, there are online universities as alternatives. 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Turn the tables on this one. If it was a conservative school, and they didn't allow some black dude in because he posted a tiktok video of him endorsing Biden, what would be front and center in the media today?

Conservative schools wouldn't do that.  We're not the intolerant ones.  Besides, the way the MSM and Democrats are, they'd make sure no black democrat would ever try to apply or attend the school.

19 minutes ago, RLLD said:

We should all know the rules, comply or else, personal truth is all the matters, objective truth is evil.

I think we should stop arresting all African Americans, but allow individual citizens more liberal use of weapons.  The AA community would devour itself in 8 months.

It would be an interesting study to see if the police kept arresting all white people for their crimes, as normal, but started only arresting the black people who commit violent crimes against white people not other black people, and what the liberal community would come back with on that.

The libs would get livid at first and say "Wait, you are only arresting blacks that kill whites but not other blacks!!??" "Oh, wait a minute, we need to think this through a bit."

This is why people like me are starting to fear we are careening towards a civil war.  There is no resolving things when your livelihood can be canceled just because you like the sitting President.  Think about that for a minute.  Peoples' livelihoods, and in some cases their ability to feed their family, are being taken away by Liberals who are buthurt that others share different political views than they do.  It's tyranny, plain and simple.  And I don't care if it's technically allowed under the current laws.  It's as aggressive an act as one can take in today's world, and the likely response if it continues is going to be widespread violence.

9 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

This is why people like me are starting to fear we are careening towards a civil war.  There is no resolving things when your livelihood can be canceled just because you like the sitting President.  Think about that for a minute.  Peoples' livelihoods, and in some cases their ability to feed their family, are being taken away by Liberals who are buthurt that others share different political views than they do.  It's tyranny, plain and simple.  And I don't care if it's technically allowed under the current laws.  It's as aggressive an act as one can take in today's world, and the likely response if it continues is going to be widespread violence.

I gotta believe this is coordinated effort is provoke, beyond provoke, a violent backlash from the right. I think the conservatives are holding back until November, and If Trump wins reelection, I believe that is the time the conservatives of this country will stand up and push back heavily against this onslaught. First priority is to win the election and if it happens, watch out. The left needs this election more than ever as they have exhausted all resources for the last 4 years.

20 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I agree.  I said that in response to Honcho's "Smollette" reference.  He seems to think she's making this up.  She's not.  She never said that she was getting kicked out, but was threatened about it.  She then said the dean said she wasn't a student.  This isn't a Smollett comparison.

She said... 

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

She said... 

Yeah, no way this would happen.  It’s beyond the realm....Eye roll.